Unmanned Drones To Start Patrolling Border

Beginning June 1st an unmanned Predator drone will begin patrolling along the U.S. border with Mexico. Read more
Really

United States

#1 May 17, 2010
I thought we were doing this now.
Dances with Wolves

Elkton, MD

#2 May 17, 2010
Beginning June 1st an unmanned Predator drone will begin patrolling along the U.S. border with Mexico.

And then what happens? Nothing? Will they even bother putting film in the cameras? Bullets in the guns? Is this some expensive political maneuver which will end up being a huge waste of taxpayer money?
illegalsgottago

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 May 17, 2010
Dances with Wolves wrote:
Beginning June 1st an unmanned Predator drone will begin patrolling along the U.S. border with Mexico.
And then what happens? Nothing? Will they even bother putting film in the cameras? Bullets in the guns? Is this some expensive political maneuver which will end up being a huge waste of taxpayer money?
They don't put film in them...they are live cams that the drone operator sees as it happens...that's how they target AQ in Iraq and Afghanistan and fire on them.
Dances with Wolves

Elkton, MD

#4 May 17, 2010
illegalsgottago wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't put film in them...they are live cams that the drone operator sees as it happens...that's how they target AQ in Iraq and Afghanistan and fire on them.
Actually they should put film in for evidence, just in case.

"That wasn't me! That was my cousin"

You know the drill...lol
illegalsgottago

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 May 17, 2010
Dances with Wolves wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they should put film in for evidence, just in case.
"That wasn't me! That was my cousin"
You know the drill...lol
They are recorded digitally...that's why you can see them on youtube...

Since: Dec 08

Medina, TX

#6 May 17, 2010
What good will this do? Arm the drones like in Pakistan, give them a warning shot and if they persist STK. After a few such enforcements the word will be out that we are playing for keeps. Most will think twice about breaking our laws and stay home.
Excellent

United States

#7 Jun 14, 2010
Did you watch Border War? Nat Geo did an outstanding job, including the drones and
how they're flown from a military base. Too
bad they're not ARMED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mac Thornberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top GOP, House Dem back $1 billion in lethal ai... Feb '15 Lamer 24
News Top Republican, House Dem back lethal aid to Uk... Feb '15 Dedward Moore Ken... 12
News GOP pols blast Petraeus' Benghazi explanation, ... Dec '14 barefoot2626 72
News House defies Pentagon on defense spending (May '14) May '14 Cherokee 3
News Red River Rumble? BLM Wants to Seize 90,000 Acr... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Donny Brook 1
News The Hypocrisy of the Republicans Rides Again (Jan '13) Jan '13 JDC 5
News Four Texas Border Patrol offices likely to rema... (Oct '12) Oct '12 ronnie 5
More from around the web