Student arrested for refusing to leav...

Student arrested for refusing to leave 'die-in'

There are 71 comments on the Courier News story from Jun 15, 2018, titled Student arrested for refusing to leave 'die-in'. In it, Courier News reports that:

NJ student refused to leave die-in at a congressman's office. So, police arrested him The protest coincided with the second anniversary of the Pulse nightclub mass shooting in Orlando, Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
whiney beech

Bloomingdale, IN

#1 Jun 16, 2018
Enjoy your time in jail!
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 16, 2018
Good...glad to hear it...but why were they even allowed in the office to begin with?

"At least four students were allowed to enter the office between 4:30 and 5 p.m., and lie or sit on the floor in protest."

Why were they even given an hour and a half in the office? Just like the old adage...give 'em an inch and they take a mile. These ignorant students should have been outside on the sidewalk with the other protesters.
The Green Watch Dog

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Jun 17, 2018
Stupid that they would have allowed them in the first place. The arresting officers should have Rambo'd him hard. Would not have put up with it for one minute.
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#4 Jun 18, 2018
The Green Watch Dog wrote:
Stupid that they would have allowed them in the first place. The arresting officers should have Rambo'd him hard. Would not have put up with it for one minute.
Wrong again dog. You really should see someone for this thing for violence you haves. It's not very healthy and potentially dangerous if you are a gun owner as you say you are.

Think about it, you maybe one of those people that you want to keep away from guns.
The Green Watch Dog

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jun 18, 2018
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>

Wrong again dog. You really should see someone for this thing for violence you haves. It's not very healthy and potentially dangerous if you are a gun owner as you say you are.

Think about it, you maybe one of those people that you want to keep away from guns.
I don't coddle and ask if they would like a latte' while in protest. If I was the arresting officer, instruct once to leave the premises. 2nd order of instruction is to place his hands behind his back to be detained. 3rd order of instruction would get his attention.
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#6 Jun 18, 2018
<quoted text>
I don't coddle and ask if they would like a latte' while in protest. If I was the arresting officer, instruct once to leave the premises. 2nd order of instruction is to place his hands behind his back to be detained. 3rd order of instruction would get his attention.
You really are a sick puppy. That's not what you said before. You said the cops should have Rambo'd them...whatever that means. Your attitude will get you in some deep kimsche some day.
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#7 Jun 18, 2018
<quoted text>
Lol...you don't coddle...Lol...as if you do anything at all. You're a joke.
whiney beech

Bloomingdale, IN

#9 Jun 18, 2018
cucks hate usa wrote:
Ridickulous. Bunch of cuckservative reich wingers doing stewpid stuffs!
Well at least you have your education.
Gutsy and Meth Head

Bronx, NY

#10 Jun 18, 2018
whiney beech wrote:
Enjoy your time in jail!
Ben Schachter will be bending over for the bubbas and loving it.
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#11 Jun 18, 2018
cucks hate usa wrote:
Ridickulous. Bunch of cuckservative reich wingers doing stewpid stuffs!
ROTFLMAO...what grade are you in?
Get Out

Morehead City, NC

#12 Jun 18, 2018
Did you bother to read the article GWD before you wanted him “Rambo’d”? Your way of thinking is very violent towards people you don’t agree with. He wanted to be arrested and was willing to accept the consequences of being arrested. He also went out peaceably without incident during the arrest.

1st Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The Green Watch Dog

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Jun 18, 2018
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you bother to read the article GWD before you wanted him “Rambo’d”? Your way of thinking is very violent towards people you don’t agree with. He wanted to be arrested and was willing to accept the consequences of being arrested. He also went out peaceably without incident during the arrest.

1st Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
He was asked to leave a government official's office but refused. The 1st amendment does not protect a kid who does not comply was an officers instructions in this case. While tightening those cuffs around his teenage wrist, I would be stepping a Mommas toes if she interfered.
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#15 Jun 18, 2018
<quoted text>He was asked to leave a government official's office but refused. The 1st amendment does not protect a kid who does not comply was an officers instructions in this case. While tightening those cuffs around his teenage wrist, I would be stepping a Mommas toes if she interfered.
Dog, you really need to get some help for your anger issues. This is what happens when one of these "frustrated control freaks" goes over the edge.

Same as that city council woman in Texas that off on a couple teenager girls over their "Make America Great Again" t-shirt.

You're both a couple of idiots.
Gutsy and Meth Head

Bronx, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2018
I think we can all agree, the kid is a punk and could use a few days in the slammer.
Get Out

Morehead City, NC

#18 Jun 19, 2018
<quoted text>He was asked to leave a government official's office but refused. The 1st amendment does not protect a kid who does not comply was an officers instructions in this case. While tightening those cuffs around his teenage wrist, I would be stepping a Mommas toes if she interfered.
With your mentality of always wanting to resort to violently attacking another person you might want to seek help.

FYI, the mother was brought in to get her son to leave when told, yet you wanted to step on her toes too! Again seek help.
Get Out

Morehead City, NC

#19 Jun 19, 2018
Gutsy and Meth Head wrote:
I think we can all agree, the kid is a punk and could use a few days in the slammer.
FYI,
Schachter refused to leave the building, and as a result was arrested and charged with defiant trespass, Walsh said. He was then transported to the Westfield Police Department, where he was processed and released to his parents.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/westfield/video-...
Marauder

Dallas, TX

#20 Jun 19, 2018
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>

FYI,
Schachter refused to leave the building, and as a result was arrested and charged with defiant trespass, Walsh said. He was then transported to the Westfield Police Department, where he was processed and released to his parents.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/westfield/video-...
They never should have been allowed inside in the first place. Other protestors were outside on the sidewalk where they belong. Same goes for those entering other businesses for their "die-in".
whiney beech

Bloomingdale, IN

#21 Jun 19, 2018
Say son would you pick up that bar of soap?
whiney beech

Bloomingdale, IN

#22 Jun 19, 2018
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>

They never should have been allowed inside in the first place. Other protestors were outside on the sidewalk where they belong. Same goes for those entering other businesses for their "die-in".
They should be allowed in, when they start their sh!t, they should promptly be removed in handcuffs.
Com'on little kiddies, resist!
Get Out

Morehead City, NC

#23 Jun 19, 2018
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>

IMOA they were allowed to exercise their 1st Amendment right of the people peaceably to assemble in the congressman's office, however he chose to ignore requests to leave as the others did and was arrested when he refused to leave. Hopefully he now understands that he was able to exercise his rights and feels like he got his message out but when it’s time to go home people won’t play your game anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Leonard Lance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans promote fear, not tax cuts, in key ... Aug '18 Mothra 35
News Does the blue wave start in Jersey? Jul '18 Annie Oakly 5
News Rep. Leonard Lance not confident Trump admin. w... Jul '18 Reunification Hoax 5
News NJ's new governor could sue feds over concealed... (Dec '17) Jan '18 jimwildrickjr 2
News In high-tax states, worries about pain from GOP... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Ronald 83
News As Democrats in Suburbs Take Victory Lap, Focus... (Nov '17) Nov '17 The Last Warrior ... 3
News As Congress ponders Harvey relief, resentment l... (Aug '17) Sep '17 Laredo 39