Republicans criticize new 'recess'-li...

Republicans criticize new 'recess'-like rules for jailing immigrants

There are 10 comments on the KTAR story from Mar 29, 2012, titled Republicans criticize new 'recess'-like rules for jailing immigrants. In it, KTAR reports that:

House Judiciary subcommittee members grilled Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials Wednesday on new detention standards that they said read "more like a hospitality guideline for illegal immigrants." "Under this administration, detention looks more like recess," said Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTAR.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 29, 2012
Illegals should get far worse conditions than americans held in our prisons but obozo does just the opposite and gives them private rooms and free internet!!! Obozo is a traitor and mexico-firster who encourages mexicans to invade america and steal from us.
OMG

De Soto, KS

#2 Mar 29, 2012
Why would most illegals ever want to leave these Club Feds?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 29, 2012
what a waste,house them and feed them after selling what they have to help pay the bill. we need to stop all tax dollars from helping illegal aliens,their homelands and supporters should pay it all.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#5 Mar 29, 2012
This is absurd. They steal into our country and commit several misdemeanors while here (some daily) and then they're set up in what's equal to a hotel when they're caught? B.S.!
Disgusting

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 29, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
what a waste,house them and feed them after selling what they have to help pay the bill. we need to stop all tax dollars from helping illegal aliens,their homelands and supporters should pay it all.
Club Fed....

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#7 Mar 30, 2012
Why is this a surprise...our own homegrown crminals are treated much better than they deserve. I am all for bringing back work gangs and eliminating all the comforts that some prisons have incorporated into their facilities. Prison is supposed to be a deterrent, not a home away from home.
Disgusting

De Soto, KS

#8 Mar 30, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
Why is this a surprise...our own homegrown crminals are treated much better than they deserve. I am all for bringing back work gangs and eliminating all the comforts that some prisons have incorporated into their facilities. Prison is supposed to be a deterrent, not a home away from home.
Exactly. Sheriff Joe has chain gangs. You work or you don't eat, unless that's changed since Smoldering Holder's attack of the state.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Mar 30, 2012
We should be housing them in the cheapest facilities possible until deportation (which should be withing 48 hours). Tents and double/cots. Or maybe since they love being crammed like sardines into trucks, cars, or drop houses they can take turns using the cots. Yes indeed bring back the chain gangs. We have plenty of trash on the border to pick up.
Free is free

Rio Rancho, NM

#10 Mar 30, 2012
I don't want to see anyone abused. I do want to see those caught deported - even if coming here illegally is the only law they broke.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#11 Mar 30, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
EVERY prison should be like Sheriff Joe's. Now that might make people think twice about going to prison, much less going back there after one visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Major global warming study again questioned, ag... Feb '17 Death on 2 Legs 18
News President Obama: Accessory to the Crimes Commit... (May '16) Feb '17 Slavery is wrong 11
News Prominent climate-denying politician gets schoo... Jan '17 Into The Night 73
News FBI's Comey, under fire for renewing probe, fel... Jan '17 Truth 148
News More anti-immigrant legislation: bill would def... Dec '16 spud 61
News Empty debate on migrants and drugs Dec '16 tomin cali 4
News How Much Credit Should Obama Get for Shrinking ... Nov '16 RustyS 2
More from around the web