DOMA challenges fall like snow on hig...

DOMA challenges fall like snow on high court

There are 9 comments on the www.upi.com story from Sep 9, 2012, titled DOMA challenges fall like snow on high court. In it, www.upi.com reports that:

Given the strident differences on gay marriage between U.S. President Obama and Republican rival Mitt Romney , the issue has produced few political headlines as the candidates slash at each other in the final months before the November election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.upi.com.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Not much snow here in Oro Valley, Arizona.

:)
Lipsticks Mama

San Lorenzo, CA

#2 Sep 9, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
Not much intelligence either. Now where's my little gay boy? I know you turned him gay cuz he spends all his time here. His daddy's worried and I'm horny. Give him back!

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#3 Sep 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
Nope but it has plenty of dust don't it Sarah
mainelygay

Augusta, ME

#4 Sep 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
I'll bet it's because your wacky governor is out catching all the "flakes"

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Sep 10, 2012
mainelygay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet it's because your wacky governor is out catching all the "flakes"
I hope she's out rounding up all millions of criminal illegal aliens streaming across our borders ILLEGALLY.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6 Sep 10, 2012
Hey look, kids!

It's a post that's actually about the the subject.

Believe it or Not.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Supremes do with all these cases at once. Do they go with the case furthest along, Gill, but that one never even made it to trial and the BLAG is only to blame for losing on appeal? Or do they go with one or more of the cases where the BLAG was the one to blame for losing pretty much from the get go? If they go with Windsor though, you can pretty much tell which side of the bread is being buttered. Can you honestly imagine them beating up on an 80 odd year old widow for the sake of the laws of God and man with all the righteousness of the Constitution? If they do decide to hear the issue out and if she is even one of the cases going along for the ride, it's all over but the shouting. Only if she is somehow excluded from the mix would there be any real concern that they are actually thinking about the possibility of salvaging DOMA.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#7 Sep 10, 2012
I've had a strong premonition for some time now that ALL the DOMAs are going to fall sooner than we think.

And I know that it might sound crazy, but I've got a strong feeling that Roberts is going to side with equality...

I know--but you have to completely ignore at least three sections of the Constitution in order to come to the conclusion that it's okay to carve out an unpopular minority for unequal treatment--you just can't go there, and I don't think Roberts will.

We'll know soon enough, though, won't we?

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Sep 10, 2012
They should have the Death Penalty for entering the U.S. illegally, or at least life in prison in solitary confinement without possibility of parole.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#9 Sep 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
They should have the Death Penalty for entering the U.S. illegally, or at least life in prison in solitary confinement without possibility of parole.
Sarah; What does this have to do with DOMA,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Kevin McCarthy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's tariff plan hits a hurdle: Congressiona... 6 hr Fcvk tRump 17
News Inside the Beltway: Democrats ready for 'one he... Dec 2 Le Jimbo 11
News GOP, Dems, Obama reach accord on 2-year budget ... (Oct '15) Nov 27 Swamp Cabinet 50
News President-elect Trump on former rival Hillary C... Nov 26 PARDONIng is COLL... 22
News Tea party fear: Will new House leaders be diffe... (Sep '15) Nov 8 Tea bag suicide news 7
News Guard seeks federal aid for soldiers told to re... Oct '16 Hostis Publicus 1
News Guard seeks federal aid to soldiers told to ret... Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web