Iranian Pastor Sentenced to Death

Iranian Pastor Sentenced to Death

There are 27 comments on the www.persecution.org story from Feb 24, 2012, titled Iranian Pastor Sentenced to Death. In it, www.persecution.org reports that:

International Christian Concern has learned that an Iranian pastor received a court order to be executed by hanging earlier this week for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.persecution.org.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Feb 24, 2012
from persecution:

Youcef Nadarkhani, a church leader in Rasht, Iran, was arrested in October 2009 for denouncing Iranís educational practice that requires children to read the Quran in public schools. In September 2010, Nadarkhani was orally issued the death sentence for converting to Christianity from Islam in the province of Gilan ...

"Nadarkhani appealed the sentence and was summoned to an appellate court in October 2011 where he was told to renounce his Christian faith at three separate hearings.'I cannot,' Nadarkhani said.

"In mid-December, the judge over Nadarkhani's case was ordered by the head of the judiciary to postpone the announcement of the verdict for another year following aggressive international pressure calling for Nadarkhani's release. However, on February 21, reports began surfacing that a final verdict had been issued for Nadarkhaniís execution.

"The sentence came only days after U.S. congressmen supported a resolution sponsored by Pennsylvania Rep. Joseph Pitts denouncing the apostasy charge and calling for Nadarkaniís immediate release. The White House and the U.S. State Department also released statements on Thursday condemning Iranís religious freedom abuses.

"'This action is yet another shocking breach of Iran's international obligations, its own constitution, and stated religious values,' the White House said.'The trial and sentencing process for Pastor Nadarkhani demonstrates the Iranian government's total disregard for religious freedom, and further demonstrates Iran's continuing violation of the universal rights of its citizens.'"
Captain America

Paris, France

#2 Feb 24, 2012
Send Seal Team Six to kick some Iranian fat hairy butts, blow plenty of sh!t up and free the pastor !!:p

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#3 Feb 24, 2012
Hard to believe this is happening in our supposedly civilized world. Maybe, then, Iran is not so civilized and Islam is not the "peaceful" religion some claim it to be.

What a sad day...
george whyte

Brigg, UK

#4 Feb 24, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from persecution:
Youcef Nadarkhani, a church leader in Rasht, Iran, was arrested in October 2009 for denouncing Iranís educational practice that requires children to read the Quran in public schools. In September 2010, Nadarkhani was orally issued the death sentence for converting to Christianity from Islam in the province of Gilan ...
"Nadarkhani appealed the sentence and was summoned to an appellate court in October 2011 where he was told to renounce his Christian faith at three separate hearings.'I cannot,' Nadarkhani said.
"In mid-December, the judge over Nadarkhani's case was ordered by the head of the judiciary to postpone the announcement of the verdict for another year following aggressive international pressure calling for Nadarkhani's release. However, on February 21, reports began surfacing that a final verdict had been issued for Nadarkhaniís execution.
"The sentence came only days after U.S. congressmen supported a resolution sponsored by Pennsylvania Rep. Joseph Pitts denouncing the apostasy charge and calling for Nadarkaniís immediate release. The White House and the U.S. State Department also released statements on Thursday condemning Iranís religious freedom abuses.
"'This action is yet another shocking breach of Iran's international obligations, its own constitution, and stated religious values,' the White House said.'The trial and sentencing process for Pastor Nadarkhani demonstrates the Iranian government's total disregard for religious freedom, and further demonstrates Iran's continuing violation of the universal rights of its citizens.'"
another one.tutu

Zusannah

“Path to Knowledge & Salvation”

Since: Nov 11

Valdez, AK

#5 Feb 25, 2012
It's an internal matter of an independent country.

You know-it-alls have no busines getting involved!
Unless you are a rabid, fanatic islamophobe chrissie like mr. RavenJoe DeCaro
Buford

Nitro, WV

#6 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
So, you believe that apostates from Islam should be executed. What about the Qur'an's declaration of "no compulsion in religion?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Baqara_256

Verse

"There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in God (ar. Allah), then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And God is All-Hearer, All-Knower."

A famous letter sent by 36 Islamic scholars to Pope Benedict XVI addressed this verse:

"this verse is acknowledged to belong to the period of Quranic revelation corresponding to the political and military ascendance of the young Muslim community.ĎThere is no compulsion in religioní was not a command to Muslims to remain steadfast in the face of the desire of their oppressors to force them to renounce their faith, but was a reminder to Muslims themselves, once they had attained power, that they could not force another's heart to believe. There is no compulsion in religion addresses those in a position of strength, not weakness. The earliest commentaries on the Qur'an (such as that of Al-Tabari) make it clear that some Muslims of Medina wanted to force their children to convert from Judaism or Christianity to Islam, and this verse was precisely an answer to them not to try to force their children to convert to Islam."

It would appear then that no one should be compelled to become a Muslim, but that if they are Muslims already, and quit to join another religion like Christianity, for example, then they should be executed as apostates, even though execution as a punishment for apostasy is not mandated in the Qur'an.

Put another way, the idea that Islam truly respects freedom of conscience in matters of faith is a lie, at least in Iran.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
Still begging for my attention you cowardly little humanophobe? Your obsession with a woman that you can never have makes you look extremely weak and impotent.

Zusannah

Valdez, AK

#9 Feb 26, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Still begging for my attention you cowardly little humanophobe? Your obsession with a woman that you can never have makes you look extremely weak and impotent.
Megalomaniac much, Joe?

LoL

I can only spit on the perverts of your ilk!
How many times do you enjoy being told that?

Get lost Joe.
Quit stalking me with your perversions!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
Which just goes to show the corrosive effects of religion on otherwise rational minds.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
<quoted text>
Megalomaniac much, Joe?
LoL
I can only spit on the perverts of your ilk!
How many times do you enjoy being told that?
Get lost Joe.
Quit stalking me with your perversions!
Oh look, the perverted little loser zusy is still having wet dreams about me.

You should stop bringing me up on every thread, you should stop making threads about me, you should stop begging for my attention every 10 seconds.

Poor weak little moron, you have me on your mind all the time. I don't even have to pay rent! LMAO I'm pleased that I'm making you so mad! I think I'll celebrate with grilling some nice pork chops on your worthless book!

You can't even tell the difference between a man and a woman, no wonder you're such a mess. Those boogers in your beard are really gross too...

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#12 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
<quoted text>
Megalomaniac much, Joe?...
Who?

WARRIOR OF GOD

“WIELDLING THE SWORD OF GOD”

Since: Dec 06

THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE

#13 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
I say the Muslim should continue to kill each other without interference don't you Z?
george whyte

Ilford, UK

#14 Feb 26, 2012
Indifference to Muslim deaths... unless caused by Unbelievers

http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/64...

Zusannah

Valdez, AK

#15 Feb 26, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Who?
You RavenJoe, who else?
Wonder why you felt the need to reply with your other sock.
Oh well whatever, Raven.

LoL

Location hidden

#17 Feb 26, 2012
You still didn't learn your lesson about changing posts. That's too bad. You have been reported - again.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 26, 2012
Your sick sexual fetishes are disgusting too zusy, is that a common muslime thing? Along with not being able to distinguish between male and female?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
"Islamophobe"?

Gee, who wouldn't be concerned about a cult that sentences people to death for renouncing it?

Location hidden

#20 Feb 26, 2012
Zusannah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, obviously that's what you do thinking of me.
ptui...ptui...ptui on you depraved filth.
Why do you keep switching socks when commenting to me?
Oh, forget that!
I couldn't care less!
Juvenile dweeb.

Nothing ever comes from you except BS. It's funny watching you having nothing to come back and debate with on any topic except the continual childish nonsense dribble.

Get off the comp PeeWee and go curl up with mommy.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 26, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
Your sick sexual fetishes are disgusting too zusy, is that a common muslime thing? Along with not being able to distinguish between male and female?
Oh he knows how to distinguish between male and female. It's just usually it answers back "Baaa baaaa baaa".

Location hidden

#22 Feb 26, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
"Islamophobe"?
Gee, who wouldn't be concerned about a cult that sentences people to death for renouncing it?
zusy is a humanophobe, he can't handle living in a civilized society with respectable decent people that choose non-violence. Heck, he still spits on people like a toddler throwing a tanty! The saddest part is that he can't even recognize a woman when confronted by one! LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Pitts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kittappa files petitions to run in the 16th (Mar '14) Mar '14 lady 1
News Joe Pitts elected to Fiscal Review Committee (Jan '14) Jan '14 legislatorian 2
News Holder accused of meddling after Supreme Court'... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sodomite Sulphur ... 7
News URGENT: Congress condemns Iran for pastor's sen... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Semper Fi 2
News Youcef Nadarkhani: U.S. Condemns Impending Exec... (Feb '12) Feb '12 bmz 35
News US Lawmakers Join Fight To Save Iranian Christian (Feb '12) Feb '12 RayOne 14
News Protect Life Act To Be Voted On This Week: Take... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Bob of Quantum-Faith 6
More from around the web