Army: Bodies misidentified, misplaced at Arlington

Jun 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSRO-AM Santa Rosa

An Army investigation has found that potentially hundreds of remains at Arlington National Cemetery have been misidentified or misplaced, in a scandal marring the reputation of the nation's pre-eminent burial ground for its honored dead since the Civil War.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

What do you expect from people put in charge of something by the Bush Crime Family? Good riddance to these anti-American fascists.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Limited government?

Since: Apr 07

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

I wonder how long it will take for the rightwingers to blame Obama for this.

Perhaps while he was traveling back in time to plant his own birth announcements in local Hawaii newspapers, he stopped off on his way back to screw with Arlington's burial records.

“I'm not nuts. Just different”

Since: Mar 08

Cheswold, Delaware.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Preston2 wrote:
I wonder how long it will take for the rightwingers to blame Obama for this.
Perhaps while he was traveling back in time to plant his own birth announcements in local Hawaii newspapers, he stopped off on his way back to screw with Arlington's burial records.
About an hour.

It's all Obamas fault.
Foslo Smerg

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
What do you expect from people put in charge of something by the Bush Crime Family? Good riddance to these anti-American fascists.
You need some serious help with that illegal drug use of yours.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Caribou Barbie wrote:
How is this Bushes fault. The article clearly states (except in two cases that were corrected) they do not know what conflict those bodies were from.

This from the article:
"Whitcomb could not say how old the mixed-up remains might be or from what conflict, saying only that the problem had been confined to three areas of the cemetery known as sections 59, 65 and 66.

Whitcomb said he did find two cases of mis-marked graves in section 60, the area for veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan. He said those mistakes had been corrected."

I have no clue how long it will take the "Rightwingers" to blame Obama for this.

Reading the article one thing is clear, they have no idea how far back these "mistakes" go back and that 2 civilian employees were to blame.

One thing is for sure it did not take the "Lefties" long to blame Bush for this.

No need to blame any President for this. Put the blame on those individuals (civilian employees) that were derelict in their duties.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Foslo Smerg wrote:
<quoted text>
You need some serious help with that illegal drug use of yours.
Which rehab do you recommend? Then again, it didn't help you any, so forget I asked.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

yougottabekiddingme64 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is this Bushes fault. The article clearly states (except in two cases that were corrected) they do not know what conflict those bodies were from.
This from the article:
"Whitcomb could not say how old the mixed-up remains might be or from what conflict, saying only that the problem had been confined to three areas of the cemetery known as sections 59, 65 and 66.
Whitcomb said he did find two cases of mis-marked graves in section 60, the area for veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan. He said those mistakes had been corrected."
I have no clue how long it will take the "Rightwingers" to blame Obama for this.
Reading the article one thing is clear, they have no idea how far back these "mistakes" go back and that 2 civilian employees were to blame.
One thing is for sure it did not take the "Lefties" long to blame Bush for this.
No need to blame any President for this. Put the blame on those individuals (civilian employees) that were derelict in their duties.
From what I read, these employees were hired during the Bush years, and like most government agencies under Rethuglican control, corners were cut, and only those who swore allegiance to the president personally were hired, not those most qualified- just look to the justice department for your proof.

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Actually, it was LBJ's fault for turning management of Arlington over from the Army to civilians.

And really, this is a lot of noise about nothing. When people go to Arlington to pay respects to a fallen soldier, they address the headstone, not whatever is or isn't buried 6 feet beneath it.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
Estimated size of oil spill doubles. Eventually all estimates from this administration double……….they missed unemployment by 800,000 jobs…………..no experience no results.

200+ graves mishandled at Arlington……….no experience no credibility.

Opinion: Border killing, failed policy……….failed policy, no experience, no results………

Clinton stumps for Reid, takes digs at Angle…..I told ol’ Harry to make sure he didn’t keep any blue dresses……..from statesman to pimp………The Clinton Legacy.

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Preston2 wrote:
Actually, it was LBJ's fault for turning management of Arlington over from the Army to civilians.
And really, this is a lot of noise about nothing. When people go to Arlington to pay respects to a fallen soldier, they address the headstone, not whatever is or isn't buried 6 feet beneath it.
Still, you would hope that the remains of your loved one is under that headstone.

I am in agreement with you though, they need to turn the management over to the Army again.
Ross

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

The responsible persons is superintendent John Metzler and his deputy Thurman Higgenbotham. Metzler suddenly announced his retirement when this issue first started getting legs.

Both of these individuals should have their retirement pensions stripped. Their sloppy supervision of one of the most hallowed sites in the US demands disciplinary action.
The Fourth Estate

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

This isn’t Bush’s fault. It isn’t Obama’s fault.
It’s the fault of the American people who accept all of the political and military hyperbole and bravado-filled rhetoric about ‘supporting the troops,’ fallen heroes,’‘defending democracy,’ and never consider the actual realities of war.
The truth is, when all is said and done, neither the government nor the military give a rat’s ass about the men and women they send off to fight in these stupid, corporate profit -based conflicts.
While spending billion of dollars a month to wage wars, little, by comparison, is spent on the aftermath.

Keeping accurate records of those killed is not a monumental task. More than anything, it just takes a little attention to detail and a modicum of respect. But our war dead get little of either.
Nor do the war’s survivors. Year long delays in processing disability claims by the VA are often followed by flat out rejection of those claim which can result in many more years of battle for some veterans.
Vietnam vets are still fighting for benefits and treatment for the effects of agent orange, and that war ended 35 years ago. Many who were waiting and hoping for compensation are now dead, and their families were left with nothing.

And recently, Sen. Jim Webb, himself a Vietnam vet, but now an ensconced politician, won senate approval to block the VA from paying any new agent orange disability claims in order to stem what he thinks is ‘excess spending.’ That will leave more than 80,000 Vietnam veterans who have ischemic heart disease, Parkinson's disease, or B-cell leukemia without disability compensation, even though VA Secretary Eric Shinseki has admitted that there’s evidence linking these diseases with exposure to the defoliant.
That excess spending would come to about $4 billion per year—a drop in the bucket when compared to the almost $9 billion PER MONTH that has been spent so far on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Supporting the troops means more that just putting a bumper sticker on a car or wearing a lapel pin or chanting jingoistic slogans.
The SNAFU at Arlington is just the tip of a very large and ugly iceberg.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I read, these employees were hired during the Bush years, and like most government agencies under Rethuglican control, corners were cut, and only those who swore allegiance to the president personally were hired, not those most qualified- just look to the justice department for your proof.
Did you read the same article I did. I did not see any hire date for these civilians. With out such a date of hire how do you know that they were hired during Bush's presidency. They could have been hired during Clinton's presidency for all we know and swore allegiance to Clinton. Just look at all the shady characters in and around the Clinton's.

The people investigating this situation have no idea when these bodies were misidentified. Yet YOU (who read an article) seem to have this whole mess figured out and KNOW for a fact that BUSH is to blame.

Just look at your post for your proof that you are the greatest investigator who has ever lived. CASE SOLVED BUSH TO BLAME FOR MISIDENTIFIED BODIES IN ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY. Caribou Barbie greatest detective who ever lived.

Get a life and stop blaming Bush for everything.

“Truth to Power!”

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
I see you didn't even read the article IDIOT. Geesh.

“Truth to Power!”

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Preston2 wrote:
The Armed Forces make bigger mistakes than this ALL the Time and do not need to be running a cemetery.

As for the headstone not mattering; A soldiers remains in the right place is important to the surviving family.

“Truth to Power!”

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did you read the same article I did. I did not see any hire date for these civilians. With out such a date of hire how do you know that they were hired during Bush's presidency. They could have been hired during Clinton's presidency for all we know and swore allegiance to Clinton. Just look at all the shady characters in and around the Clinton's.

The people investigating this situation have no idea when these bodies were misidentified. Yet YOU (who read an article) seem to have this whole mess figured out and KNOW for a fact that BUSH is to blame.

Just look at your post for your proof that you are the greatest investigator who has ever lived. CASE SOLVED BUSH TO BLAME FOR MISIDENTIFIED BODIES IN ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY. Caribou Barbie greatest detective who ever lived.

Great Post!

CB is an IDIOT.
Old time coastie

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:

Wow, now I could care less for bush. The only thing he got right was national security. But a blacket statement only shows your a kool-aid drinking air headed demacrud who could care less about my country or the truth.
But do you think you could get better from some moron who spends all her free time makeing wax dolls of bush and watching them melt ( her words in her profile )

I think obuma is not only the greatest threat to the US but will go down in hisory as a fool. He has even lost the ACLU. But I have a life and don't dwell on him my every wakeing moment. I have my girls and hobbies. My friends too.
This girl , wow. Poor thing.
Teach

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Old time coastie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, now I could care less for bush. The only thing he got right was national security. But a blacket statement only shows your a kool-aid drinking air headed demacrud who could care less about my country or the truth.
But do you think you could get better from some moron who spends all her free time makeing wax dolls of bush and watching them melt ( her words in her profile )
I think obuma is not only the greatest threat to the US but will go down in hisory as a fool. He has even lost the ACLU. But I have a life and don't dwell on him my every wakeing moment. I have my girls and hobbies. My friends too.
This girl , wow. Poor thing.
CB would make a seven year olds front tooth falling out into a Bush VS Obama, Democrat VS Republican drama. Every thought that filters through his brain is skewed by his uber partisan, fanatical love/hate psychosis. There's drugs available to treat such conditions, but without this obsession, he'd have to find something else to do with his life.

There are wingnuts of both extemes on these threads, including several that I simply skip past when I see their avatars....well, sometimes I read them purely for my own amusement.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>
She has been blaming her bush for years..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John McHugh Discussions

Search the John McHugh Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
USMA chief wants to change lyrics of 2 West Poi... (May '08) Jan '12 Old Grad 2
Ny Gop Scozzafava Endorses Democrat Bill Owens (Nov '09) Dec '11 LLT1 4
As DADT ends, gay officer sheds his alias (Sep '11) Oct '11 Inconvenient Truth 330
As gay military ban ends, officer sheds his alias (Sep '11) Sep '11 DNF 4
Army: Bodies misidentified at Arlington Cemetery (Jun '10) Sep '11 rider 23
Huntsman to join Republican field next week (Jun '11) Jun '11 PHILIP THE MACEDONIAN 10
EDITORIAL: The Muslim wall of resistance (Mar '11) Mar '11 Ayaan Hirsi Ali 1
•••
•••
•••
•••