Rep. John Fleming laments Obama's proposed tax hike

Sep 19, 2011 Full story: NOLA.com 6

John Calvin Fleming, Jr. is a Minden, Louisiana physician, the author of the book Preventing Addiction, and the Republican U.S. representative from Louisiana's 4th congressional district.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 20, 2011
And is so out of touch with reality....shame on all u who voted for this doosh
yo daddy

Del Rio, TX

#2 Sep 20, 2011
This guy is a lousy doctor as well. He's so full of himself. He can't remember the last time he had to scrounge for money to pay the rent,groceries or gas. No it's not a sin to be successful, but it's a sin to be greedy and not give back to those that helped you on the way up.
Mary E

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2011
And who helped this man on his way up? You are not going to pretend he didn't get where he is by his own efforts are you? Is it his fault people in his district have a difficult time paying their rent, buying groceries? Are you intimating that every successful person needs to stop doing what ever they are doing, and take care of the greedy, needy. Don't we pay taxes for the Government to take care of that problem?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Mary E wrote:
And who helped this man on his way up? You are not going to pretend he didn't get where he is by his own efforts are you? Is it his fault people in his district have a difficult time paying their rent, buying groceries? Are you intimating that every successful person needs to stop doing what ever they are doing, and take care of the greedy, needy. Don't we pay taxes for the Government to take care of that problem?
The greedy and the needy are not the same. He has 400k left at the end of the year and he can't afford tax hikes.....I'm supposed to pay more taxes so he can keep his 400k? He is greedy. Ur just hoodwinked
Facts

United States

#5 Sep 21, 2011
If anyone knows what sizes of clothes his children wear, I'm going to be going to some garage and rummage sales, maybe I can pick up some clothes and send them to him. I'm sure he needs it since he is barely keeping his family fed.
Penny Uncle

United States

#6 Sep 27, 2011
He should be in Washington taking care of the problems. Not only would it help us all but, the citizens in his district as well. He is fighting a issue that benefits him and all the other rich corporations that hide their income overseas. I believe Fleming and many of the others in congress have lost touch with the average American citizen and the struggles they face each and every day. While unemployment is up so is the price of everything else. Small businesses in his own home town are struggling just to keep their doors open. Than hear him say he is having trouble making it on 600k makes me sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative John Fleming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Analysis: Veterans and Israel do well in Congress Aug '14 Le Jimbo 5
Impasse grows on border crisis Jul '14 sandy1 2
House votes to allow marijuana-related banking Jul '14 Far Away 5
Obama waiting for House GOP to act on immigration (Jun '14) Jun '14 Bama Yankee 1
Obama delaying on immigration despite Cantor loss (Jun '14) Jun '14 carey529 1
Faith-touting congressman seeks privacy after kiss (Apr '14) Apr '14 swedenforever 31
McAllister lays low, hopes scandal passes (Apr '14) Apr '14 Debbie 1
More from around the web