Some immigration reform backers fear they're losing the fight

Jul 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDUN-AM Gainesville

"Here's the fact: We're not winning, so we've got to wage a campaign," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., a lead author of the Senate-passed immigration bill.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2013
kuzo

Mcdonough, GA

#1 Jul 20, 2013
Godbles
LOL

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jul 21, 2013
Another lifer in D.C. who needs to retire and STFU!
Fed Up Vet

Herndon, VA

#3 Jul 21, 2013
Seems the public is smarter than McCain.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 21, 2013
the only thing the american people want is law ENFORCEMENT.

this has been confirmed over and over again in the last 15+ years by the nonapproval of any further amnesties brought to congress.

mccain and his peers on capitol hill may not know this. but their persistent push for another amnesty is creating a huge build up of hatred against anybody who is pro-illegal.

amongst other things... my guess is - it will lead to a change in the laws regarding anchor babies in the not too distant future. it will also affect the possibility of another country being granted state status for a very long time. maybe even for several generations. nationalism will increase. and best of all... we will see real reduction in the amounts that we reserve for foreign aid.

these changes and more will occur. and all because of guys like mccain who care more for foreigners than they do for the people who elect them.
Exactly

Omaha, NE

#5 Jul 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
the only thing the american people want is law ENFORCEMENT.
this has been confirmed over and over again in the last 15+ years by the nonapproval of any further amnesties brought to congress.
mccain and his peers on capitol hill may not know this. but their persistent push for another amnesty is creating a huge build up of hatred against anybody who is pro-illegal.
amongst other things... my guess is - it will lead to a change in the laws regarding anchor babies in the not too distant future. it will also affect the possibility of another country being granted state status for a very long time. maybe even for several generations. nationalism will increase. and best of all... we will see real reduction in the amounts that we reserve for foreign aid.
these changes and more will occur. and all because of guys like mccain who care more for foreigners than they do for the people who elect them.
Amen!
Exactly

Omaha, NE

#6 Jul 21, 2013
Fed Up Vet wrote:
Seems the public is smarter than McCain.
I'd like to know just who's paying McCain under the table to turn his back on Americans and America.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Boehner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boehner: Climate bill a 'pile of s--t' (Jun '09) Thu SPUD TATER 326
Boehner says House will accept debt deal (Oct '13) Wed truth-facts 57
Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset Aug 24 swedenforever 230
Congress steadfast over suppot for Israel Aug 21 APPRECIATETATER SPUD 18
Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-securit... Aug 18 Captain Yesterday 197
Boehner: Obama 'not prepared for the job' Aug 18 Steve Carlson 3
John Boehner a fundraising machine for GOP Aug 17 Tea Party Supporter 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••