Tea party takes its turn in debt battle

Jul 18, 2011 Full story: WKYT 1,017

Congressional leaders are giving tea party-backed Republican freshmen the run of the House this week with a plan to let the government borrow another $2.4 trillion - but only after big and immediate spending cuts and adoption by Congress of a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced federal budget.

Full Story
First Prev
of 51
Next Last

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#1 Jul 18, 2011
The Teapublicans want to change the Constitution,,again?
btw subst__intel

Acworth, GA

#2 Jul 18, 2011
somewhat of a misnomer changing the constitutioon. originally we were supposed to have sound money to make an imballanced budget impossible. so , this would be REVERTING back to the constitution. woudn't it? maybe it's me. maybe I'm, stoopid.
Storm Dancer

Seattle, WA

#3 Jul 18, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
The Teapublicans want to change the Constitution,,again?
naw- thats prez crybaby's job
learn to comprehend mmmmk
TedsLiver

United States

#4 Jul 18, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
The Teapublicans want to change the Constitution,,again?
. We may need to change, our government is out of control and serves only it's own interests. Preservation of the Obomination.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 18, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
The Teapublicans want to change the Constitution,,again?
Hmmmmmmmm they have been around for two years. When did they change it the first time?????????? You loons are a hoot.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 18, 2011
OBAMA KEEP SAYING WE HAVE TO RAISE TAXES

By MICHAEL J. BOSKIN
President Obama has been using the debt-ceiling debate and bipartisan calls for deficit reduction to demand higher taxes. With unemployment stuck at 9.2% and a vigorous economic "recovery" appearing more and more elusive, his timing couldn't be worse.

Two problems arise when marginal tax rates are raised. First, as college students learn in Econ 101, higher marginal rates cause real economic harm. The combined marginal rate from all taxes is a vital metric, since it heavily influences incentives in the economyŚworkers and employers, savers and investors base decisions on after-tax returns. Thus tax rates need to be kept as low as possible, on the broadest possible base, consistent with financing necessary government spending.

Second, as tax rates rise, the tax base shrinks and ultimately, as Art Laffer has long argued, tax rates can become so prohibitive that raising them further reduces revenueŚnot to mention damaging the economy. That is where U.S. tax rates are headed if we do not control spending soon.

PROVING HE IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN RECOVERY AND ECONOMY.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#7 Jul 18, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
The Teapublicans want to change the Constitution,,again?
YEP.....

just as soon as they find the Port-O-Let o-bomb-a threw it in ......

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 18, 2011
btw subst__intel wrote:
somewhat of a misnomer changing the constitutioon. originally we were supposed to have sound money to make an imballanced budget impossible. so , this would be REVERTING back to the constitution. woudn't it? maybe it's me. maybe I'm, stoopid.
Maybe.
scout

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jul 18, 2011
We MUST NOT allow debt ceiling increase! Cut taxes, cut debt ceiling, SLASH military budget, recall all USA over sea forces, and have them guard the borders.

We MUST vote OUT ALL Marxist dems and repubs!

There is simply no other option.

Ron Paul in the White House is the ONLY POSSIBLE PRESIDENTIAL Leader.

Seriously, we must undermine ALL Marxist politicals once and for all.
Enough Is Enough

Oscoda, MI

#10 Jul 18, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
OBAMA KEEP SAYING WE HAVE TO RAISE TAXES
By MICHAEL J. BOSKIN
President Obama has been using the debt-ceiling debate and bipartisan calls for deficit reduction to demand higher taxes. With unemployment stuck at 9.2% and a vigorous economic "recovery" appearing more and more elusive, his timing couldn't be worse.
Two problems arise when marginal tax rates are raised. First, as college students learn in Econ 101, higher marginal rates cause real economic harm. The combined marginal rate from all taxes is a vital metric, since it heavily influences incentives in the economyŚworkers and employers, savers and investors base decisions on after-tax returns. Thus tax rates need to be kept as low as possible, on the broadest possible base, consistent with financing necessary government spending.
Second, as tax rates rise, the tax base shrinks and ultimately, as Art Laffer has long argued, tax rates can become so prohibitive that raising them further reduces revenueŚnot to mention damaging the economy. That is where U.S. tax rates are headed if we do not control spending soon.
PROVING HE IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN RECOVERY AND ECONOMY.
You're hoping somebody could do worse than Bush. I'm sure! LOL! George W. Bush, now holds the record for causing the 2nd greatest Depression Era our country has ever seen. How's that for wanting to destroy America?????? Jimmy Carter has finally been redeemed! Ha ha!

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#11 Jul 18, 2011
Enough Is Enough wrote:
<quoted text>You're hoping somebody could do worse than Bush. I'm sure! LOL! George W. Bush, now holds the record for causing the 2nd greatest Depression Era our country has ever seen. How's that for wanting to destroy America?????? Jimmy Carter has finally been redeemed! Ha ha!
I can see you are coo-coo for Coca puff. We you bitching back in 2006 when your God Obama and the Dens didn't want to raise the Devt Limit then? I bet not. Here the more koolaid for you to drink.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#12 Jul 18, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
The Teapublicans want to change the Constitution,,again?
Yep "Again" the democrats want to spend more and continue to spend, nothing new hey!!!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#13 Jul 18, 2011
Enough Is Enough wrote:
<quoted text>You're hoping somebody could do worse than Bush. I'm sure! LOL! George W. Bush, now holds the record for causing the 2nd greatest Depression Era our country has ever seen. How's that for wanting to destroy America?????? Jimmy Carter has finally been redeemed! Ha ha!
Carter was redeemed the day that Oblunder was sworn in.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#14 Jul 18, 2011
The problem with the "TEA" party is that they are the SAME phony conservatives who hijacked the GOP when they took over and cut taxes and spent spent spent...and spent some more.

They just rebranded themselves. The talk a goo game just like they did back in the 2000s. But when given the pursestrings they spent like a drunken soldier and had no plans to cover their spending. Don't believe me? Watch over the next few days. They will cry for tax cuts and at the end of the day will raise the debt limit.

==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Cognress!
==========

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 18, 2011
Enough Is Enough wrote:
<quoted text>You're hoping somebody could do worse than Bush. I'm sure! LOL! George W. Bush, now holds the record for causing the 2nd greatest Depression Era our country has ever seen. How's that for wanting to destroy America?????? Jimmy Carter has finally been redeemed! Ha ha!
Now try to prove your rant..........waiting........w ithout lying.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 18, 2011
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep "Again" the democrats want to spend more and continue to spend, nothing new hey!!!
what do you expect with 41% of them on their azz collecting government funds. Only 19% of voters claim to be liberal, the other 22% are the proverbial leeches.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#17 Jul 18, 2011
Two years? You got to be kidding. The Teapublicans have been around for years. Those phony conservatives only re-branded themselves after nearly killing the GOP with their tax cuts and spend spend spend mentality.

They talk a good game (fiscal conservativism, limited government), but when given the purse strings they spend spend spend and then deflect with gay marriage.

==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Congress!
==========
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmmmmm they have been around for two years. When did they change it the first time?????????? You loons are a hoot.

“Anthony NYR”

Since: Jun 07

New York

#18 Jul 18, 2011
The President can storm out of meetings, with his pouting hissy-fit. Cantor can act like Joe Tough Guy with his "just try to raise taxes" act. But it's all a big dog and pony show. Everybody is trying to look good to their base supporters. It is disheartening that every politician out there is constantly campaigning for re-election, instead of fully committing to their jobs.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2011
Please stop. I'm still waiting for all those jobs from 10 years of Bush GOP Tax cuts to come in...waiting...waiting..waitin g......

Here's a crazy thoughts - let's pay down the debt while we're waiting for the rich to do their job and hire instead of hoarding the cash.

==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Congress!
==========
Le Jimbo wrote:
OBAMA KEEP SAYING WE HAVE TO RAISE TAXES
By MICHAEL J. BOSKIN
President Obama has been using the debt-ceiling debate and bipartisan calls for deficit reduction to demand higher taxes. With unemployment stuck at 9.2% and a vigorous economic "recovery" appearing more and more elusive, his timing couldn't be worse.
Two problems arise when marginal tax rates are raised. First, as college students learn in Econ 101, higher marginal rates cause real economic harm. The combined marginal rate from all taxes is a vital metric, since it heavily influences incentives in the economyŚworkers and employers, savers and investors base decisions on after-tax returns. Thus tax rates need to be kept as low as possible, on the broadest possible base, consistent with financing necessary government spending.
Second, as tax rates rise, the tax base shrinks and ultimately, as Art Laffer has long argued, tax rates can become so prohibitive that raising them further reduces revenueŚnot to mention damaging the economy. That is where U.S. tax rates are headed if we do not control spending soon.
PROVING HE IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN RECOVERY AND ECONOMY.
Not Now

Willis, TX

#20 Jul 18, 2011
Enough Is Enough wrote:
<quoted text>You're hoping somebody could do worse than Bush. I'm sure! LOL! George W. Bush, now holds the record for causing the 2nd greatest Depression Era our country has ever seen. How's that for wanting to destroy America?????? Jimmy Carter has finally been redeemed! Ha ha!
President Blobama's autobiography was actually written by the SDS terrorist Bill Ayers. Worse yet, Ayers copied most of it from Jimmy Carter's autobiography. LOL!!!!

On his long trip to the bottom of the polls, Barack Hussein Obama will sometimes get stuck on a cluster of Hope and Change balls. With a little help from YOU, he can move up, down, to the right and to the left. He can even squeeze through the tightest of cracks.

Yep...the BLOBAMA Administration is the meth lab of democracy.

NOBAMA=2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 51
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Boehner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 misperceptions about the Homeland Security im... 3 min Le Jimbo 2
Netanyahu speech exposes partisan and diplomati... 35 min Le Jimbo 36
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu atten... 1 hr scirocco 67
House leaders, Senate Democrats at odds over ho... 1 hr Le Duped 18
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 1 hr gale-ragnar 1,293
Homeland Security funding drama darkens U.S. fi... 14 hr Who Guessed It 45
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 16 hr Redneck 52
More from around the web