Barrow blasts Ga. immigration law

Barrow blasts Ga. immigration law

There are 9 comments on the 11 Alive story from Sep 27, 2011, titled Barrow blasts Ga. immigration law. In it, 11 Alive reports that:

U.S. Rep. John Barrow blasted a new Georgia immigration law as "hamhanded," saying it's harmed farmers in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 11 Alive.

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

#1 Sep 27, 2011
Had the farmers not been breaking the law by hiring illegal labor, they would not have a problem now. They messed in their own nests, aiding and abetting illegal aliens for their own benefit. Now it's time to clean out the nests.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 27, 2011
WTF should stinking farmers be allowed to break the law and make a fortune by doing so.? Federal law says you can't hire illegals - let's enforce that.

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

#3 Sep 27, 2011
Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
WTF should stinking farmers be allowed to break the law and make a fortune by doing so.? Federal law says you can't hire illegals - let's enforce that.
While I totally agree with enforcement, I don't think all the farmers are intentionally bad,(I live and work on a farm). I think some of them saw their neighbors get away with hiring illegals and in order to be able to compete with them, they started hiring them too.
Our farm is small, only about 225 acres since we partnered with our neighbor but we don't and won't hire illegal labor.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 27, 2011
No employer should be exempt from being required to use E-verify to keep them compliant with the law. It shouldn't be limited to corporations, industry, contractors, civil service, and small business only. Farmers should be required, as they have been the biggest employers of illegal aliens for years.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 28, 2011
I agree SA. ALL employers including those pesky sub-contractors that hire them so that larger businesses can make plausible denial of illegals must be held to E-Verify.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 28, 2011
Barrow's on the wrong side of this argument. Farmers, just like any other business, are expected to operate their enterprise while complying with applicable law. That they've gotten a free pass for years doesn't mean they will continue to.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#7 Sep 28, 2011
NON COMPLACENT TWINK wrote:
Had the farmers not been breaking the law by hiring illegal labor, they would not have a problem now. They messed in their own nests, aiding and abetting illegal aliens for their own benefit. Now it's time to clean out the nests.
Hi Twink. Darth just asked if I had any props left because he was out already & he just saw the props you gave him.

I'm not sure which forum you're accumulating points on, but here are your props. You'll get my last one for the day. Take care!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8 Sep 28, 2011
NON COMPLACENT TWINK wrote:
<quoted text>
While I totally agree with enforcement, I don't think all the farmers are intentionally bad,(I live and work on a farm). I think some of them saw their neighbors get away with hiring illegals and in order to be able to compete with them, they started hiring them too.
Our farm is small, only about 225 acres since we partnered with our neighbor but we don't and won't hire illegal labor.
They should be glad that you're empathetic because some people don't hesitate to report the activity. I'm in agreement with your first statement too. Oh & with SB speaking of props, thank you for the props.

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the props guys, I just post the way I see things. I don't really collect props, I give them when I think someone has made an especially good post and appreciate getting them from folks who think I made a good post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Barrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News With Obama gone, GOP revives Pelosi as boogeyman (May '17) May '17 Mall Cop 55
News House Dems fight to hold 9 districts Romney won (Oct '14) Oct '14 Le Jimbo 33
News It's a jungle out there: Animals in campaign ads (Aug '14) Aug '14 Fed Up 3
News 2014's Vulnerable Democrats Demand Eric Shinsek... (May '14) Jun '14 Le Jimbo 33
News Bipartisan Delegation Visiting Troops Overseas (May '14) May '14 foster 8
News Election Drama in Pennsylvania, Georgia House P... (May '14) May '14 Le Jimbo 8
News Veterans dying because of health care delays (Feb '14) May '14 Stuart Cudahy 25
More from around the web