Longtime GOP Senate moderate Arlen Sp...

Longtime GOP Senate moderate Arlen Specter dies

There are 1 comment on the The Republic story from Oct 14, 2012, titled Longtime GOP Senate moderate Arlen Specter dies. In it, The Republic reports that:

Former U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, the outspoken Pennsylvania centrist whose switch from Republican to Democrat ended a 30-year career in which he played a pivotal role in several Supreme Court nominations, died Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

Carla

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Oct 14, 2012
My condolences to the Specter family on your loss.

He was one of the last real moderates or self-thinkers and for that, we owe him a great deal. He always went about making decisions with a great deal of conviction whether you agreed with him or not. He was never afraid to step up and disagree with either party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Joe Sestak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic voters have no shortage of picks in ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Three Days 1
Say no to Joe (Apr '16) Apr '16 Experience 1
News 200 attend Erie County Democratic dinner (Apr '10) Feb '16 festering schwartz 8
News Hilarious video shows Senate candidate actually... (Jul '15) Jul '15 NotEvenFunny 1
News Allentown mayor considering run for US Senate (Apr '15) Apr '15 jones 3
News Joe Sestak seeks re-match with GOP Sen. Pat Too... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Black Annie 2
News Democrats, in disarray over McCord, Kane, meet ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Old Cynic 1
More from around the web