Not all are happy with idea to move Philadelphia-area air traffic to Atlantic City

Feb 22, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Press of Atlantic City

Two Philadelphia-area legislators would like to see 10 percent of Philadelphia International Airport's annual flights diverted to Atlantic City International Airport in Egg Harbor Township.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2012
Fabian

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2009

I don't see any reason for any politician in the AC area to be against this plan. It's a win/win for AC. It'll give AC the increase in air service it needs to make it easier and less expensive to get to from other then the East Coast. Ofering travelers from thge rest of the US and the World more oportunites to visit AC. It would also allow vacation sites to offer Air/Car/Hotel tour packages, again lowering costs for travelers. Even if some of the passengers are just transitting to Philly, NYC or northern NJ, AC benefits. They will need to rent cars, take limos, buses or trains. In addition to this, depending on their flight times, they may also need hotel rooms. It sounds like a great idea and would definately benefit AC.
jer4567

Riverside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

I hope that another airline uses this airport. Spirit is nickel & dimeing me just to fly out.Can you imagine that,when i take my pet under the seat , they actually charge me more than my fare.

KRT

“All da News dat's Fit to Print”

Since: Nov 07

Hometown??? - I have one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

Actually Fabian the politicians around here represent their constituencies pretty faithfully. Those constituencies like to be able to open their windows and not have to listen to constant jet noise and the wail of incessant sirens.

While the slight "bump" to the local economy might benefit some, most folks around here realize that increased jet noise and traffic would diminish the quality of life and only put a few extra dollars in the pockets of the "already powerful".

We like to keep it "small town" around here and alot of folks like that "50 mile buffer" between us and all the chaos up in the nearest metropolitan town..Philthy-Delphia..city of brotherly "shove". Send us your tourist dollars in the summer only and thats good enough.
Fabian

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

KRT wrote:
Actually Fabian the politicians around here represent their constituencies pretty faithfully. Those constituencies like to be able to open their windows and not have to listen to constant jet noise and the wail of incessant sirens.
While the slight "bump" to the local economy might benefit some, most folks around here realize that increased jet noise and traffic would diminish the quality of life and only put a few extra dollars in the pockets of the "already powerful".
We like to keep it "small town" around here and alot of folks like that "50 mile buffer" between us and all the chaos up in the nearest metropolitan town..Philthy-Delphia..city of brotherly "shove". Send us your tourist dollars in the summer only and thats good enough.
Small town. small ideas, dying economy.

KRT

“All da News dat's Fit to Print”

Since: Nov 07

Hometown??? - I have one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Fabian wrote:
<quoted text>
Small town. small ideas, dying economy.
Say Fabian...Small towns? Small Ideas?
Most of America is made up of small towns with
"local sensabilites"...you can KEEP those big city
"ideas"...most big cities in this country are crime infested
battle-zones (including large parts of Nashville).

As far as a "dying economy"...heh heh....we have been doing
well as a small town economy for years..some tough and some fat.
The cities show the greatest decay.....nothing much will change
'round here..and most folks like it that way.( thanks )

kt
SJBound

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

@KRT
I'm not sure if you need to survive the entire year on those tourist dollars during the short summer months. As someone who does, I am all for an easier and quicker way for people to get to the area and boost the economy. I has been a few years since this topic was commented on but things have not gotten better. Like it or not, it's a tourist area and the more people we can get, the better off we will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Representative Joe Sestak Discussions

Search the Representative Joe Sestak Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA-Sen: Joe Sestak (D) & MoveOn.org Call On The... (Jan '14) Jan '14 sheepleloveroyalty 1
The Richmond Times-Dispatch's non-endorsement -... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Cat74 4
Terramed Alliance News Hope Street Kids joins C... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Weston 8
Former Senator Arlen Specter dies of cancer (Oct '12) Jul '13 swedenforever 31
Joe Sestak says no gov run, mulls US Senate (May '13) May '13 not again 1
Poll: Pa. Gov. Corbett trails three Democrats (Apr '13) Apr '13 TonyT1961 16
Former GOP Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvani... (Oct '12) Oct '12 HumanSpirit 1
•••
•••