Ethics chief counsel recommends censu...

Ethics chief counsel recommends censure for Rangel

There are 16 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 18, 2010, titled Ethics chief counsel recommends censure for Rangel. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The House ethics committee's chief counsel recommended Thursday that Rep. Charles Rangel be censured in connection with the panel's finding that he engaged in improper financial and fundraising conduct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Bird

Billings, MT

#1 Nov 18, 2010
The only thing Charlie ever advanced was advantages for his own pocketbook. If congress was subject to the same laws as those they claim to represent then Charlie would be representing his district from a cell in Leavonworth.
Censur is Crap

Laguna Hills, CA

#2 Nov 18, 2010
These guys do not seem to learn that the public wants accountability. Censur means that they are letting this guy off. They find him guilty on all charges and then the chief council recommends censur! What a joke. If it wasn't so bad and serious a situation then i'd be laughing along with Rangel. This is another prime reason why term limits are a good thing. Once a person has been at the seat of power too long, he starts to think that he can do no wrong. Throw the bum out of office and take away his pension and make him pay back all that he was chrged with. Anything less would be BIG JOKE!
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#3 Nov 18, 2010
Jail time would be nice.
Jane Doe

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Nov 18, 2010
A blow to the democratic party that's for sure.
No Senorita

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2010
Jane Doe wrote:
A blow to the democratic party that's for sure.
As a democrat I am hopefull that idiots like rangel get rooted out and booted out. Just because he is a democrat does not mean that other good hard working and honest democrats approve of his actions or support him continuing in his current position. If it was up to me I would prosecute him in criminal court (not by his freinds in office on both sides of the isle) fire him and then toss any future benefits that he thinks he is entitled to. He has been in office long enough to know better but the fact that he says he does not tells me he needs to go.
I think so

United States

#6 Nov 18, 2010
Had I failed to pay taxes for 17 years, I would be in jail. Yet, like Ted Kennedy who murdered a girl, this politician is re-elected by the herd of sheep he supposedly represents. These re-elections show that the populace looks only at what they are receiving, not what the morality of the person they are voting for. Too bad the committee did not expel this crook, Rangel.
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#7 Nov 18, 2010
Here is the funny part. Watch Rep. Rangle act indignant about it. He gets a quick verdict and a reprimand instead of real consequences, all before the Republicans take over and threaten him with a trial on TV and actual punishment. Also, it all happens right after his re-election and well before the next election (best possible timing).

He probably asked them to do this quickly and agreed not to put up a defense in exchange for no fine.
Lone Ranger

El Paso, TX

#8 Nov 18, 2010
That is what the people from New York deserve for re-electing this fool
ObamaCares

El Paso, TX

#9 Nov 18, 2010
Who says that the democrats are any better.

Who says that the democrats are so good and so honest,
and how they care so much about the poor and the elderly.

Yeah right. They are No Better than the Rest.

Has anyone checked how they have taken money from Medicare and Medicaid to pay for Obama Care Heatlhcare.

Has anyone checked out the name: STEVEN RATTNER.
He is the Auto Bailout Czar appointed by President Obama to handle the government takeover and bailout of GM.

Well Rattner has been convicted for stealing millions from the government in stock kickbacks to Mr. Rattners own Financial Company.

Democrats are a Joke.
Open Your Eyes. Don't let them lie to You.

Since: Jan 08

Corpus Christi Texas

#10 Nov 18, 2010
PUT HIS criminal ass in jail for ever !!!!!
Enough

El Paso, TX

#11 Nov 18, 2010
They are Not above the law.
They deserve jail time. Not a slap on the Hand.

Kick these weasels Out !!!
And Punish them.
alan

Lottie, LA

#12 Nov 18, 2010
rangle donated money to dems on ethics panel but the media wont report on this.the media doesent tell names of those on panel.the liberal media is as bad as rangle for not reporting all the facts to the public.as long as the main stream media is going to be controlled by liberals the public will stay in the dark if they wait on them to report all news!
Reality Check

Hayward, CA

#13 Nov 18, 2010
"...the speaker would orally administer an embarrassing rebuke..."

17 years of tax evasion, abuse of office for a center in his name, illegally converting a rent-controlled residence into an campaign office and he faces "an embarrassing rebuke" as penultimate punishment? Oh yeah, I have faith in government.
alan

Lottie, LA

#14 Nov 18, 2010
dems on ethics panel taking money from rangle.check into ben chandler from kentucky,g.k.butterfield from north carolina,and peter welsh from vermont.this is verified!
tio Tomas

United States

#15 Nov 18, 2010
Some people are more equal than others. And Congress are the pigs.
anon

Fremont, CA

#16 Nov 19, 2010
Censure?

Oh noes... Not CENSURE!? Anything but CENSURE!

*sarc off*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jo Bonner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Byrne coasts in Ala. special election (Dec '13) Dec '13 Cat74 21
News How should Alabama fill vacancies to elected po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sam Ponticello 1
News Establishment beats tea party in Alabama runoff (Nov '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 4
News Despite loss, Dean Young says hard-fought AL-01... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Give Me a Break 1
News A Clash Of Styles As GOP Factions Fight For Ala... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Don Joe 20
News Baldwin Commission, others against Delta nation... (Sep '13) Sep '13 D E Kyser 1
News Paul Ryan becomes flashpoint in Alabama GOP race (Aug '13) Aug '13 stopracismagainst 1
More from around the web