Maxine Waters demands speedy trial

Maxine Waters demands speedy trial

There are 74 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 29, 2010, titled Maxine Waters demands speedy trial. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

In this Oct. 28, 2009 file photo, Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., is seen on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Its the Peoples seat

Paso Robles, CA

#67 Nov 30, 2010
Maxine demands a speedy trial?

America demands a speedy resignation.
Corrupt-O-Crats

Los Angeles, CA

#68 Nov 30, 2010
Of course she is demanding a speedy trial. Why ???? Because she knows the deeper they dig the more they will find on her ...
Frees Beach

Long Beach, CA

#69 Nov 30, 2010
Three points.

1 of 3. The House ethics committee and it investigative committee are comprised of equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans. They are the only exceptions to House rules. Thus, this can't be a witch hunt by anyone.

2 of 3. The ethics committee is not a criminal trial. It determines only if the Congressional representative violated House rules and/or acted in such a way as to discredit Congress. It recommends a punishment to the House. The most the House can do is vote to expel the member.
Frees Beach

Long Beach, CA

#70 Nov 30, 2010
3 of 3. Things look bad for Waters. The investigative committee found conclusive (IMO) dam*ning evidence against her.

Before Waters took action, she admitted that interceding on OneUnited’s (the bank) behalf was wrong. She sought advice from Congressman Barney Frank. In Frank’s words she said,“There was a problem with Oneunited, but that she didn’t know what to do about it because ‘‘Sydney’s been on the Board.” Frank told her it was “a conflict of interest”, to “stay out of it” and “stay away from this”. He said his office would handle it for her.(The bank is in his district.) His office began to do so. Despite his warning and his office's handling the matter, Waters still proceeded. The subject of the meetings was not the National Bankers Association; it was always ONE bank, OneUnited.

This differs greatly from what she's told the press.
Frees Beach

Long Beach, CA

#71 Nov 30, 2010
Summary from the investigative committee report: "Representative Maxine Waters made a request in September 2008 to then Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson that Treasury Department officials meet
with representatives from the National Bankers Association. A meeting was in fact granted shortly thereafter. However, at the meeting, and in the follow-up activity that occurred through representative Waters’ Congressional office, the discussion centered on a single bank—OneUnited. Representative Waters’ husband had been a board member of OneUnited from 2004 to 2008 and, at the
time of the meeting, was a stock holder of the bank."

Investigative Committee report: http://ethics.house.gov/Media/PDF/Waters%20OC...

Article: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/political...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#72 Nov 30, 2010
Frees Beach wrote:
Three points.
1 of 3. The House ethics committee and it investigative committee are comprised of equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans. They are the only exceptions to House rules. Thus, this can't be a witch hunt by anyone.
2 of 3. The ethics committee is not a criminal trial. It determines only if the Congressional representative violated House rules and/or acted in such a way as to discredit Congress. It recommends a punishment to the House. The most the House can do is vote to expel the member.
What do you think you're doing? Don't fool the idiots with parliamentary procedure. It only blows away their fantasies.
Native

Redondo Beach, CA

#73 Dec 2, 2010
Wrigley Gal wrote:
Yes, let's make it speedy. The speedier the better. If she thinks for a minute that the Dems lame duck session will be of any help-- I have one word for her: Rangel.
Rangel was found guilty and his punishment amounts to nothing more than a mild scolding. He'll stay in office and suffer no real consequences. Maxine is hoping for the same treatment.
Reality Check

Houston, TX

#74 Dec 2, 2010
....and "I" demand that SHE BE PUT INTO A PRISON with NO CHANCE of RELEASE.
Maxine or Laura

Surfside, CA

#76 Dec 2, 2010
Californians aren't like other Americans. We have no expectation of ethical behavior from what we settle for as "representation" in Congress. We applaud every tragic out come they deliver as all our families deserve.
Charles Maurras

AOL

#77 Dec 2, 2010
Maxine or Laura wrote:
Californians aren't like other Americans. We have no expectation of ethical behavior from what we settle for as "representation" in Congress. We applaud every tragic out come they deliver as all our families deserve.
Although I prefer to think our elections in California are rigged I suppose it's possible that an electorate is capable of voting for their own demise if there's enough money in it and they individually consider that they personally may have some effective escape strategy. Others are presumably just too stupid to understand what they vote for. So we get high speed rail to nowhere and half billion dollar schools that can't be opened, new prisons without money for guards, and free college for illegal aliens while our own citizens are excluded and denied entrance. What is really surprising is that more people haven't left California than already have. What is disappointing is that there is no revolution brewing to overthrow such an incompetent government.
Frees Beach

Long Beach, CA

#78 Dec 2, 2010
Al_x wrote:
<quoted text> What do you think you're doing? Don't fool the idiots with parliamentary procedure. It only blows away their fantasies.
Sigh. I would seem you're right, based on certain subsequent posts.
Say What

Redondo Beach, CA

#79 Dec 4, 2010
It would be very interesting to bug the homes of
Rangel, Waters and Richardson. I can imagine listening in on a three way call.!!!!!!!!
Leon Samuels

Surfside, CA

#80 Dec 4, 2010
I can't wait for Maxine to take the stage and spit in the faces of the American people. She'll show them an ideal representation of what passes for a "democrat" in our State these days.
Say What

Redondo Beach, CA

#81 Dec 4, 2010
Leon Samuels wrote:
I can't wait for Maxine to take the stage and spit in the faces of the American people. She'll show them an ideal representation of what passes for a "democrat" in our State these days.
Leon.... that dumb Biotch spits when she talks anyway, what's the big deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jo Bonner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maxine Waters Seeks End to Ethics Panel Inquiry (Jul '11) Oct '16 Uncle IRS 11
News Byrne coasts in Ala. special election (Dec '13) Dec '13 Cat74 21
News How should Alabama fill vacancies to elected po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sam Ponticello 1
News Establishment beats tea party in Alabama runoff (Nov '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 4
News Despite loss, Dean Young says hard-fought AL-01... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Give Me a Break 1
News A Clash Of Styles As GOP Factions Fight For Ala... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Don Joe 20
News Baldwin Commission, others against Delta nation... (Sep '13) Sep '13 D E Kyser 1
More from around the web