Senate Blocks Boehner's Debt Ceiling ...

Senate Blocks Boehner's Debt Ceiling Plan

There are 22 comments on the WFMZ story from Jul 29, 2011, titled Senate Blocks Boehner's Debt Ceiling Plan. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Friday was a day of highs and lows in Washington, D.C., and all the focus was on the debt ceiling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steven S

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 29, 2011
"But Republicans say if not Boehner's bill, then who's?"
I hope you mean "then whose?"
If not, then who's editing this article?
Other than that, thanks for informing, it was helpful!
Neanderthal

Greenbelt, MD

#2 Jul 29, 2011
The long-term solution is to break the power of the political parties. The way to do that is to require that "None of the above" appears as a choice on every ballot, and that if that choice wins then the election must be re-run with different candidates.
rjbree

North Port, FL

#3 Jul 29, 2011
Senate (== democrats) are just in denial. The unbridled spending of liberal,socialist, left-wing democrats is all but OVER !!! It may take another election cycle or anarchy, but the horrid democratic approach to life "as usual" is no longer viable....
rjbree

North Port, FL

#4 Jul 29, 2011
Steven S wrote:
"But Republicans say if not Boehner's bill, then who's?"
I hope you mean "then whose?"
If not, then who's editing this article?
Other than that, thanks for informing, it was helpful!
EXCELLENT !!! There are too few people who speak English in this country.
rjbree

North Port, FL

#5 Jul 29, 2011
Neanderthal wrote:
The long-term solution is to break the power of the political parties. The way to do that is to require that "None of the above" appears as a choice on every ballot, and that if that choice wins then the election must be re-run with different candidates.
That would certainly make them pucker. Since there is no Term Limit legislation on the horizon, "None of the above" would definitely communicate the disdain of the constituency
david musy

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jul 29, 2011
These guys had over eight months to take care of this issue but did nothing until this last minute mess that we are witnessing.They act like they did not go to college.These are the kind of guys that the most powerful nation on earth elect.I think we can do better than this.What a shame!
This issue is as serious as can be,with a potential to affect millions of lives and this is the best that these guys give for their country?
I rest my case.
al samuels

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2011
get something done now. Worrying about next years election and if you personally will be re-elected is a non issue. Work for the people or we willget some one who will.
Laughing at obama

Bradenton, FL

#8 Jul 29, 2011
Hey harry....

nice compromise technique

just say NO without looking at the bill.....
Lehigh Valley

Reading, PA

#9 Jul 29, 2011
I Like that idea. So far they are all A-holes
Neanderthal wrote:
The long-term solution is to break the power of the political parties. The way to do that is to require that "None of the above" appears as a choice on every ballot, and that if that choice wins then the election must be re-run with different candidates.
Lehigh Valley

Reading, PA

#10 Jul 29, 2011
david musy wrote:
These guys had over eight months to take care of this issue but did nothing until this last minute mess that we are witnessing.They act like they did not go to college.These are the kind of guys that the most powerful nation on earth elect.I think we can do better than this.What a shame!
This issue is as serious as can be,with a potential to affect millions of lives and this is the best that these guys give for their country?
I rest my case.
They do that waiting crap on purpose, then threaten the American People with things like SS cuts, and talk about entitlements, and such. I hate them all so mch, I just want to spit. Patooey !
Chuck

Aurora, CO

#11 Jul 29, 2011
rjbree wrote:
Senate (== democrats) are just in denial. The unbridled spending of liberal,socialist, left-wing democrats is all but OVER !!! It may take another election cycle or anarchy, but the horrid democratic approach to life "as usual" is no longer viable....
I agree, America will now demand all tax cuts have corresponding spending cuts in the same bill so we never have this deficit problem again. That is also something the GOP left out the balance budget amendment, tax cuts need to have corresponding spending cuts in the same bill. The states do it so there is no reason the feds can't do it also.
Bob

Allentown, PA

#13 Jul 29, 2011
Tax the damn rich. Cts will not achieve the goal. There has to be a increase in revenue. Everyone of these so called leaders of the greatest nation on Earth are pathetic.

It time to change the symbol of our nation the Bald Eagle to the Cuckoo.
just saying

Bradenton, FL

#14 Jul 29, 2011
Bob wrote:
It time to change the symbol of our nation the Bald Eagle to the Cuckoo.
actually...

Little Black Sambo would be more fitting
Carol kidd

Oceanside, CA

#15 Jul 29, 2011
The bottom line is the rich have to pay there fair share of taxes big oil companies etc I pay my taxes we wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for George bush he created this mess give us two wars sent all our jobs over seas we can't make any thing in this country,the reason the republicans want a six month plan is because it goes into election year so they can blame the democratic the worst thing that could happen in 2012 is elect a republican president we would be re living the bush years get it together america
Craig L

Denver, CO

#16 Jul 30, 2011
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
actually...
Little Black Sambo would be more fitting
Ignore the troll, everyone, please!
astonished

Omaha, NE

#17 Jul 30, 2011
George Bush didnt send our jobs over seas that was Clinton he passed the nafta bill. Bush just didnt repeal it. No wonder idiots are running the country, people that dont know anything about politics vote them in. I agree rich companies exspecially oil compnays should pay more taxes and get rid of the tax loopholes. But what about welfare, not all but there are alot of people, on welfare that dont have to be. Cut that and you wouldnt have a defecit. State or Federal, dont hurt are seniors they made this country and dont hurt our military they allow us to say what we want.
Jay

Slatington, PA

#18 Jul 30, 2011
astonished wrote:
George Bush didnt send our jobs over seas that was Clinton he passed the nafta bill. Bush just didnt repeal it. No wonder idiots are running the country, people that dont know anything about politics vote them in. I agree rich companies exspecially oil compnays should pay more taxes and get rid of the tax loopholes. But what about welfare, not all but there are alot of people, on welfare that dont have to be. Cut that and you wouldnt have a defecit. State or Federal, dont hurt are seniors they made this country and dont hurt our military they allow us to say what we want.
What about CAFTA in 2004 ???????
John Carlson

Newton, NJ

#19 Jul 30, 2011
Carol kidd wrote:
The bottom line is the rich have to pay there fair share of taxes big oil companies etc I pay my taxes we wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for George bush he created this mess give us two wars sent all our jobs over seas we can't make any thing in this country,the reason the republicans want a six month plan is because it goes into election year so they can blame the democratic the worst thing that could happen in 2012 is elect a republican president we would be re living the bush years get it together america
Hey Carol try finding out some facts instead of regurgitataing the same old talking points. So I guess you are all for G.E. paying taxes too? Just have our president lean over to his buddy Jeff Immelt, while they are at the White House, and have him pay taxes on that $5 plus Billion dollars G.E. made last years. Also how many grants did G.E. get on top of that from the taxpayers

One final point, the wars that George Bush gave us came at the APPROVAL of our CONGRESS, which includes the Democrats, the U.N., and the intell from other countries. So when did Congress approve putting 2,200 Marines on the ground or airstrikes in Libya?

BTW, how's California's economy doing right now?
American

Reading, PA

#20 Jul 30, 2011
Carol kidd wrote:
The bottom line is the rich have to pay there fair share of taxes big oil companies etc I pay my taxes we wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for George bush he created this mess give us two wars sent all our jobs over seas we can't make any thing in this country,the reason the republicans want a six month plan is because it goes into election year so they can blame the democratic the worst thing that could happen in 2012 is elect a republican president we would be re living the bush years get it together america
The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don’t include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

Do you pay taxes or do you feel entitled and only everybody should pay taxes?
John Carlson

Newton, NJ

#21 Jul 30, 2011
American wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don’t include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.
Do you pay taxes or do you feel entitled and only everybody should pay taxes?
Thanks American for posting that! I wonder if Carol can tell us why when the Democrats had control of all 3 branches of Government that they, the Dems, did not address and fix the Tax Deductions, not Subsidies that the Democrats love to say, with regards to Big Oil and other Big Coporations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Gerlach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More than 500 migrant kids sent to Pennsylvania (Jul '14) Aug '14 Pennsylvania song 9
News House GOP battle for key leadership slot (Jun '14) Jun '14 Le Jimbo 2
News Farmers seek more preservation incentives (Feb '14) Feb '14 Le Jimbo 4
News Jobless workers plead with Congress for help (Jan '14) Jan '14 mjjcpa 22
News Many Americans want third major political party... (Oct '13) Dec '13 swedenforever 4
News Roll call: How Erie-area members of Congress vo... (Oct '13) Oct '13 trevor 1
News Rep. Duffy of Wisconsin Assaulted Outside Capitol (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jane and Mary doe 1