No vote yet on control tower closures

No vote yet on control tower closures

There are 2 comments on the bizjournals.com story from Mar 15, 2013, titled No vote yet on control tower closures. In it, bizjournals.com reports that:

The control tower at Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Latrobe, Pa., is tentatively scheduled to close on April 7. It's one of a number of control towers across the U.S. that are being shut for fiscal concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at bizjournals.com.

Cal

Latrobe, PA

#1 Mar 30, 2013
If this tower closes what does that mean for the airport?

Since: Jan 11

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Supposedly, business as usual, although for how long remains to be seen. I've read that air traffic at Latrobe will be controlled by the Johnstown control tower by day, and the Cleveland airport at night after the Johnstown tower closes.

Screw that. The control tower is there for one reason and one reason only - safety. I'd think long and hard about flying commercially to or from Latrobe with no local tower.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerry Moran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senators offer praise but no vote for Obama's S... Apr '16 He Named Me Black... 4
News Eisenhower Memorial Plan Still Faces Skepticism... (Nov '14) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 17
News Report: Two Duggar Sisters to Star in TLC Specials (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jane Said 3
News GOP-controlled Senate panel votes to lift Cuba ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 LeDuped 1
News Senate Votes 98-1 to Give Congress a Say on the... (May '15) May '15 goonsquad 11
News Some Republican senators surprised by backlash ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 FYI 1
News Video: Watching Midterm Election Results on WSJ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Foster 4
More from around the web