Congress considers limits on credit c...

Congress considers limits on credit card companies

There are 12 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Congress considers limits on credit card companies. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Democrats in Congress are taking a swipe at credit card issuers and their increasingly creative reasons for raising fees on strapped consumers, sparking a well-financed duel over how to crack down on alleged abuses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

screw citi

Henderson, NV

#1 Apr 10, 2009
turn the tables on them and file bankruptcy....they dont honor their origional agreements with you dont honor yours. If your cedit is shitty.. dont pay them...
credit card

Boston, MA

#2 Apr 10, 2009
not my fault
uncommon sense

Sarasota, FL

#3 Apr 12, 2009
Congress is only thinking about it?
Limits and consumer protection measures should have been put in place long ago!
Again, why are the taxpayers ( our congress and prez ) shelling out money to the banks and the banks raising their interest rates and tightening credit to consumers?
Congress and Obama : Just give the consumers
( taxpayers ) back their own money.(Wow ! What an ideal !!!!)
Fairy Dust

Boston, MA

#4 Apr 12, 2009
I know how to fix it! Legalize same sex marriage in all 50 states!

“more cowbell”

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, TX

#5 May 19, 2009
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090519/ts_nm/us_...

Now it will be tougher for credit card companie to jack your rates for no reason at all other than they can.
About time.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#6 May 22, 2009
Cash talks! BS credit cards walk!
PORTY

Cobleskill, NY

#7 May 23, 2009
Real Vermonter wrote:
Cash talks! BS credit cards walk!

Not true not even for one second.Credit is vital to any bussiness.
cbb

Florence, MA

#8 May 23, 2009
That obama fellow sure can do everything, how did we ever get along without him?

d
r
i
p
RAMDAN

United States

#9 May 24, 2009
cbb wrote:
That obama fellow sure can do everything, how did we ever get along without him?
d
r
i
p
Good question,how did we?
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#10 May 26, 2009
Cash Cash Cash!!!
Claudine

London, UK

#11 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/44kQUQ ) too my friends and family.
Pants on Fire

Blandford, MA

#12 Mar 26, 2014
Ban them entirely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeb Hensarling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump preparing plan to dismantle Obama's Wall ... May 18 Worst POTUS Ever 4
News Tennessee GOP Rep. Fincher to retire Feb '16 ben 1
News Gowdy surfaces as prospect in heated House GOP ... (Sep '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 26
News Yellen says December interest rate hike possibl... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Le Jimbo 1
News House uses rare procedure to revive Export-Impo... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 3
News High cost of Dodd-Frank is harming US banks and... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 7
News Grand Central: Dodd-Frank at Five Years, No Vic... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Le Jimbo 3
More from around the web