Washington Unplugged: Can U.S. Prison...

Washington Unplugged: Can U.S. Prisons Hold Gitmo Detainees?

There are 7 comments on the CBS News story from May 22, 2009, titled Washington Unplugged: Can U.S. Prisons Hold Gitmo Detainees?. In it, CBS News reports that:

Liberty University in Lynchbyrg, Va., has revoked its recognition of the campus Democratic Party club because, according to a university official, the club's "parent organization stands against the moral principles held by Liberty." In a May 15 e-mail to the student group, Liberty Vice President for Student Affairs Mark Hine said the club must end ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Joe

Longwood, FL

#1 May 22, 2009
Holding them in prison isn't the problem. The problem is overcrowding in our prisons and the idiot government will then let them out early for some ridiculous reason like "good behavior".

On top of that they'll use the prison time to gain access to other inmates to recruit them to radical islam. And recruit them they will,.....if you don't think they won't get recruits for their cause in prison you're living in a dream world.
OMG

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 May 22, 2009
Joe wrote:
Holding them in prison isn't the problem. The problem is overcrowding in our prisons and the idiot government will then let them out early for some ridiculous reason like "good behavior".
On top of that they'll use the prison time to gain access to other inmates to recruit them to radical islam. And recruit them they will,.....if you don't think they won't get recruits for their cause in prison you're living in a dream world.
I agree, in fact I hear the average IQ in prison is that of a third grader - so it wouldn't take much to convert them to anything. If radical islam shows them any kind of light - they'll be easily brainwashed like the young kids the taliban uses for suicide bombers.
Joe

Longwood, FL

#3 May 22, 2009
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, in fact I hear the average IQ in prison is that of a third grader - so it wouldn't take much to convert them to anything. If radical islam shows them any kind of light - they'll be easily brainwashed like the young kids the taliban uses for suicide bombers.
I'm afraid that under Obama our future is going to be similar to that of Britain. He's just so condescending and too much of an appeaser. Eventually he'll have so many Muslims in this country we'll have suicide bombers and all the other things they do.
Ms B

United States

#4 May 22, 2009
Can you google...SUPERMAX PRISONS...there is one that is empty, mostly who want the detainee, 100 of them.

They will not go to general pop. stop being a coward, you have guns don't you?

Well don't worry be happy
Ms D

Allen, TX

#5 May 22, 2009
Keep you friends close-your enemies closer.
OMG

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 May 22, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid that under Obama our future is going to be similar to that of Britain. He's just so condescending and too much of an appeaser. Eventually he'll have so many Muslims in this country we'll have suicide bombers and all the other things they do.
Again, I agree. I have relatives in Britain and they say their culture is slowly disappearing. Mostly coming from India and several throughout the middle-east. They have national health-care and their telling me a 1/3 of their paycheck goes to the government automatically to support it whether they use it, need it or not. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't realize what's going on - I only hope America wakes up before it falls like Britain.
OMG

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 May 22, 2009
Ms D wrote:
Keep you friends close-your enemies closer.
We should have never taken prisoners - it turned into a media circus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Moran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protecting the kids from ED ads (May '09) Jan '16 Tara 15
News LuAnn Bennett Announces Run for Congress (Dec '15) Dec '15 Vrmaddox 1
News Russia pulls welcome mat on Rep. Moran, disgrac... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Captain Yesterday 4
News Ban erectile dysfunction ads, lawmaker says (May '09) Jun '14 Willdon 17
News Groups push for more humane slaughter of chickens (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News 3.3 percent pay raise proposed for federal empl... (Mar '14) Mar '14 atthebeach 1
News Virginia's Moran Announces Retirement from Cong... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Asian Guy 28