Obama closes Cabinet to Southerners

Obama closes Cabinet to Southerners

There are 34 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Obama closes Cabinet to Southerners. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The South may have inched toward Democrats in November, but that progress isn't showing in President-elect Barack Obama 's Cabinet selections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Master-Beta

Auburn, IN

#24 Jan 26, 2009
It's our own fault.
We (The South) used to elect presidents!
Now, with Florida and NoCarolina turning Yankee on us, we've lost our teeth.
Jack Sorbettor

Orlando, FL

#25 Jan 26, 2009
Obama is Corrupt wrote:
Frankly what the nation needs now more than ever are traditional Southern and Mid-Western small town values. The further America gets from Southern values, the further we move away from American values.
Hmmm. Let's see. Values like Southerners Strom Thurmond, Mark Foley and Katherine Harris ? Slavery, perversion and insanity ?

Or like Midwesterners Larry Craig, Rod Blagojevich and John Ashcroft ?

You'd be better to look back to the northeast, where the average IQ's -- and tradition of caring for people -- are the best in the nation.
Jack Sorbettor

Orlando, FL

#26 Jan 26, 2009
Master-Beta wrote:
It's our own fault.
We (The South) used to elect presidents!
Now, with Florida and NoCarolina turning Yankee on us, we've lost our teeth.
Yeah. About damn time for that.
Master-Beta

Auburn, IN

#27 Jan 26, 2009
Jack Sorbettor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Let's see. Values like Southerners Strom Thurmond, Mark Foley and Katherine Harris ? Slavery, perversion and insanity ?
Or like Midwesterners Larry Craig, Rod Blagojevich and John Ashcroft ?
You'd be better to look back to the northeast, where the average IQ's -- and tradition of caring for people -- are the best in the nation.
Yeah, just look how well they treated and cared for the Indians!
Their IQ's were so much higher that they felt entitled to wipe them off the face of the Earth.
Jack Sorbettor

Orlando, FL

#28 Jan 27, 2009
Master-Beta wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, just look how well they treated and cared for the Indians!
Their IQ's were so much higher that they felt entitled to wipe them off the face of the Earth.
Nice try. You reached back 350 years, and still didn't come up with an apt example. The Indian slaughter happened predominantly in the southwest. The first settlers in Massachusetts and Virginia were at peace with their Indian neighbors.

My examples were from today's news, and were right on. YOURS WERE DEAD-WRONG, AND RIGHT-WING !
Rick

United States

#29 Jan 27, 2009
The New Lord's (Obama) Prayer

O-bam-a which art from heaven;
shallow be thy fame;
thy kingdom's here;
the end is near;
on earth which you feel is your heaven;
give us this day our daily bail;
and forgive us our wealth;
as you forgive the debtors;
and lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from success;
for you think this is your kingdom
you're owed power
you're owed glory
forever;
Allahu Akbar ... er ...amen
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#30 Jan 27, 2009
Jack Sorbettor wrote:
Perhaps he hasn't appointed any southerners because there isn't a position in the cabinet called "Secretary of Racism," "Secretary of Divisive Rhetoric" or "Secretary of S**TKICKING..." ?
The south has a lot to apologize for, after the last three presidents. Did you notice the state of the country ?
And who did you vote for in 2000 and 2004???
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#31 Jan 27, 2009
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, Ha. I love this! Uncle Buck, he must be talking about Jimmy Carter (Georgia) and Bill Clinton (Arkansas)! Or, maybe he's talking about Al Gore (Tennessee).
Let's see..."the last three presidents"...

George Bush (R - Texas)
Bill Clinton (D - Arkansas)
George W. Bush (R - Texas)

nuff said...
Jack Sorbettor

Orlando, FL

#32 Jan 27, 2009
Rick wrote:
The New Lord's (Obama) Prayer
O-bam-a which art from heaven;
shallow be thy fame;
thy kingdom's here;
the end is near;
on earth which you feel is your heaven;
give us this day our daily bail;
and forgive us our wealth;
as you forgive the debtors;
and lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from success;
for you think this is your kingdom
you're owed power
you're owed glory
forever;
Allahu Akbar ... er ...amen
Keep praying to Rush and Rove.

They'll protect you.

They'll get in front of you in the line to Hell.

THAT'LL happen....
Jack Sorbettor

Orlando, FL

#33 Jan 27, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
<quoted text>
And who did you vote for in 2000 and 2004???
That would be my business. But my candidate -- like America -- did not win.
JDG

Houston, TX

#34 Jan 27, 2009
Obama is our president, weather we like it or not. I hope he can do what he says he can do, I did not vote for him and I think he won the election with smoke and mirrors and frankly he scares the hell out me. I am a southerner, better yet from Texas and believe it or not edgumacated and I am damn proud of it so some people should watch their tongues when they speak of intelligence and being from the south. The entire south did not vote for Obama 46% to be exact,so everyone in the south is an idiot right Jack?. Someone has to be the big dog when it comes to policing the world, Bush had the balls to do what had to be done. Saddam was a pig and Bush Hammered him and that sorry sack of crap had ties to 9/11, that right there was enough to kill the SOB. You can talk of Bush being a bad president but don't talk about him being a bad person, your taking that a little too far.

Since: Aug 08

Carolina

#35 Jan 27, 2009
I just hope Obama can do even half of what he promised.
poor taxpayer

Carrollton, TX

#36 Jan 27, 2009
Headline Muse wrote:
I just hope Obama can do even half of what he promised.
You are a naive idiot. Why did you vote? Obama will not keep his promises. He will give money to his cronies. He is a crooked Chicago politician. There is no other kind of Chicago politician. Please leave voting to intelligent people.
Jack Sorbettor

Orlando, FL

#37 Jan 28, 2009
poor taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Please leave voting to intelligent people.
Gladly. But how are you going to get them to come down here from New England every four years to vote ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milo Yiannopoulos, Larry Wilmore go head-to-hea... (Feb '17) Mar '17 C Kersey 15
News NBCa s Katy Tur tells a Trump-backing congressm... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 4
News The unstoppable Donald Trump (Feb '16) Feb '16 Abandon Ship 1
News Mark James Miller: Why Republicans Wage War On ... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News News Guide: Highlights of Georgia elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mykro 5
News Republicans demand President Obama institute a ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 TeaBagging for Am... 3
News Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light (Jul '14) Sep '14 Stone 4
More from around the web