Disputed tours coming to island where JFK Jr. wed

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

A wild horse grazes on one of the dirt roads on Cumberland Island, Georgia National Seashore, Saturday, September 20, 2008.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2008
Mary Lanier

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Since I have not visited Cumberland Is. but plan to visit early in 2009, it is critical to me that it be left in its pristine natural state for the pleasure of hikers, campers and small tour groups ( controlled by Greyfield Inn's service ).

Why do we wish to destroy the very places we yearn to visit and learn of the wildlife, plants and natural beauty of Georgia's coastal region??? Does every inch of our country need to be developed, exploited and changed? Are we not so blessed to have these untouched lands to stand in awe and say, "Wow!"? If every early settler in America had exploited and destroyed the places they went, our country would not be known as America, the Beautiful. Respect for property, natural phenomena and God's creation is ours for the pleasure of honoring, respecting and protecting. In Alaska, the native citizens know this kind of treatment and are very proud to see the region remain in its natural environment, encouraging animal and plant life to continue to bring forth new life and a peaceful and harmonious sanctuary. Who does not wish this outcome for Cumberland Island, GA? Only those whose greed finds individual recognition and riches at the perilous sacrifice of our USA citizens! PLEASE, consider saving this lovely spot as is for generations to come!! Thank you!
domino 21

Palo Cedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Quite frankly, I can get plenty of wilderness. Why in the world am I paying for this hippies happiness? Obviously the park service is not doing it's job if there are packs of wild hogs on the island. The obvious answer is to sell this property.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••