Republicans reinforce own stereotype

There are 20 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Aug 2, 2008, titled Republicans reinforce own stereotype. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

A FILE in my computer is called "tidbits" and that's where I keep political trivia that isn't worth a whole column but is too interesting to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

Gary

Nelson, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2008
Whats going to cause more deaths in Iraq, roadside bombs or rare rollovers? Come on!

What about the house republicans who stayed after the demoCAN'TS decided to leave for the 5 week vacation and not pass an energy policy? Then had law enforcement try to kick journalist out of congress so there would be no news coverage.

I guess energy independence is something the house demoCAN'TS think can wait 5 weeks!
Joe Mama

Chico, CA

#2 Aug 2, 2008
The Democraps only care about their power, not what's good for the country.
Dennis C Partlow

Chico, CA

#3 Aug 2, 2008
Amen to both of the comments above. I like that expression "demCan'ts" as it surely fits this congress and senate.
You got that right

Chico, CA

#4 Aug 2, 2008
Dennis C Partlow wrote:
Amen to both of the comments above. I like that expression "demCan'ts" as it surely fits this congress and senate.
You got that right, all of the above.
Observer

AOL

#5 Aug 2, 2008
Joe Mama wrote:
As opposed to the Republicans?
Steve Vandervort

Redding, CA

#6 Aug 2, 2008
Dennis C Partlow wrote:
Er, Dennis, thats whats knowns as "getting it totally bass ackwards"

Replace "Democrats" with "Repblicans" and you're good to go.

God Bless
Steve Vandervort

Redding, CA

#7 Aug 2, 2008
The fact is, Republicans care for thier bottom line, screw the rest of the American people.

Republicans see only short range, looking only to the next quarterly dividend. They say "cut taxes" but what they mean is "push the bill onto the next generation"

Republicans and Democrats spend pretty much the same amount.(FACT) They may differ on what they spend on. What Republicans do is they cut taxes thereby pushing the burden onto the next generation. Democrats are at least honest about the fact that you gotta pay for what you bought.

Republicans support stealing from out children

That is just wrong.

Support not stealing... Support Democrats!
Publius2

United States

#8 Aug 3, 2008
The most important thing to politicians besides their election is their reelection. Alliances are forged and severed; ideals embraced and cast off, promises made and broken to secure that goal. The rest of us remain both witness and participant in this contest.
Dode Penrod

AOL

#9 Aug 3, 2008
Publius2 wrote:
The most important thing to politicians besides their election is their reelection. Alliances are forged and severed; ideals embraced and cast off, promises made and broken to secure that goal. The rest of us remain both witness and participant in this contest.
True enough. But what are our options?
Steve Vandervort

Paradise, CA

#10 Aug 3, 2008
Universal term limits.

Not State by state, that is counter-productive.

Senate limit; two terms, House limit; 6 terms.

They do not know more than us. They are not gods, they're just better at getting elected. Which has nothing to do with the skill of governing.

God Bless
Do Right Or Pay

Chico, CA

#11 Aug 3, 2008
Steve Vandervort wrote:
Universal term limits.
They do not know more than us. They are not gods, they're just better at getting elected. Which has nothing to do with the skill of governing.
God Bless
term limits are not the answer. Crime and punishment is the answer. We are held responsible for our actions, why are not our governement representatives? What is the diference between blue coller crime and white coller crime. a crime is a crime. They should be held to a higher standard. If they violate the public trust they should burn big time. When they violate the public trust it is a major crime and they should pay like anyone else.
give them something to fear. Do right or go to jail...
Publius2

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2008
Steve Vandervort wrote:
The fact is, Republicans care for thier bottom line, screw the rest of the American people.
Republicans see only short range, looking only to the next quarterly dividend. They say "cut taxes" but what they mean is "push the bill onto the next generation"
Republicans and Democrats spend pretty much the same amount.(FACT) They may differ on what they spend on. What Republicans do is they cut taxes thereby pushing the burden onto the next generation. Democrats are at least honest about the fact that you gotta pay for what you bought.
That is just wrong.
Yep, the Republicans are acting just like Democrats.
Average Joe

Chico, CA

#13 Aug 5, 2008
When will people ever learn that big business means more jobs? If big business prospers jobs flourish. Look at what is happening now. Big companies crumbling and jobs being lost. If big business gets tax cuts it means more revenue to allow more hiring. If big business and the "rich" get taxed more everybody feels it. If there are no rich there are no jobs. Wake up people! Since when is it a crime to work hard have an education and make lots of money. Why should somebody who makes 300,000 a year be punished with an almost 50% percent tax and a person making 24,000 pays 18%. They should both pay the same, and the reason I say that is the person that happens to make 300,000 a year happens to be my boss who employs myself and 3 others and the 24,000 happens to be me. Get the picture?
to joe mama

Magalia, CA

#14 Aug 5, 2008
Joe Mama wrote:
and the republicans don't care about their power, but
only care about what's good for the country?. sure
glad our country is doing so well under a republican
rule for the last 7 years. you are a deep thinker
"joe mama", real deep. so deep I had to put chest waders on to read you comment.
Publius2

United States

#15 Aug 6, 2008
Dode Penrod wrote:
<quoted text>
True enough. But what are our options?
I guess we should wish them all to have a happy five week vacation while the rest of us try to figure out someway to afford the mounting cost of living.
Dode Penrod

AOL

#16 Aug 6, 2008
Publius2 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we should wish them all to have a happy five week vacation while the rest of us try to figure out someway to afford the mounting cost of living.
Your suggestion and a buck will get you a tube of toothpaste at the Dollar Store.
Chris Hamill

Chico, CA

#17 Aug 6, 2008
Steve Vandervort wrote:
That is just wrong.
Oh Steve...dems support transfers of wealth that dont belong to them...this is one reason Republicans are watching their bottom lines! And before you jump to conclusions,I was a Dem for years...got tired of the BS and finger pointing..besides I'm a conservative first...Dem or Rep...Save our kids' future! Quit spending more than you need to Congress!!
Chris Hamill

Chico, CA

#18 Aug 6, 2008
Steve Vandervort wrote:
Universal term limits.
God Bless
Ummm.. I totaly agree with you on term limits! Go figure
Don

Paradise, CA

#19 Aug 6, 2008
Do Right Or Pay wrote:
<quoted text>
term limits are not the answer. Crime and punishment is the answer. We are held responsible for our actions, why are not our governement representatives? What is the diference between blue coller crime and white coller crime. a crime is a crime. They should be held to a higher standard. If they violate the public trust they should burn big time. When they violate the public trust it is a major crime and they should pay like anyone else.
give them something to fear. Do right or go to jail...
You've got it pal. The biggest and best crimes in this country are not on the streets. When politicians talk about fighting crime, they come up with six cops in each squad car, patrolling the streets. All the while, corporate bosses are given free license to run roughshod over the land protected by the politicians who run interference for them.
Here's an interesting tid bit. For his reelection, Geo. W. spent $64 million dollars for a job that pays,$250,ooo a year. Why would he do such a thing?
Publius2

United States

#20 Aug 7, 2008
Title of Column: "Republicans reinforce own stereotype"

Yeah, they wanted to keep working when all Democrats left and turned out the lights on them.

Looks like the Democrats reinforce thier own stereotype as well. Of course Majority leader, Nancy Pelosi had a book signing to get to which is obviously more important than the people's business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mark James Miller: Why Republicans Wage War On ... May 5 Tazo 1
News News Guide: Highlights of Georgia elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mykro 6
News Republicans demand President Obama institute a ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 TeaBagging for Am... 3
News Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light (Jul '14) Sep '14 Stone 4
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
News GOP works to avert Senate upset in Georgia (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 6
News Perdue wins Republican Senate runoff in Georgia (Jul '14) Jul '14 Cat74 10
More from around the web