Barrow hedges on gays/ military issue

Jun 6, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Augusta Chronicle

When the U.S. House voted recently to take the first step toward repealing the ban on gays in the military, Jack Kingston voted no.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jun 7, 2010
Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

People are crazy. The ending of DADT is not about allowing Gay and Lesbian soldiers to go around proclaiming their sexual preference. It is about ending the removal of them when their sexuality is determined. Trust me straight folks we are all around you any way and we are not interested in staring at you in the shower. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Are people really this stupid? It's sad, very sad.
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

Yes, they really are that stupid.
Leftatalbuquerqu e

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Will someone PLEASE explain to me why integrated forces are being resisted in the States, IN SPITE of being allowed and encouraged in EVERY OTHER NATO POWER??

We have the Armed Forces and Civil Police/Firefighters/Paramedics set up RECRUITING at the last few Gay Pride events!! RECRUITING, for the sake of Pete!!

What makes the situation in the States so different??????????
Dixie

Saratoga Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
Will someone PLEASE explain to me why integrated forces are being resisted in the States, IN SPITE of being allowed and encouraged in EVERY OTHER NATO POWER??
We have the Armed Forces and Civil Police/Firefighters/Paramedics set up RECRUITING at the last few Gay Pride events!! RECRUITING, for the sake of Pete!!
Our society is still very puritanical when it comes to sex. It's part of our heritage that stretches back nearly 400 years.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

I think these phony "Democrats" might take note as to what just happened to Rep. Artur Davis (phony D- Alabama). We just did for him what he did for the LGBT community.....nothing.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
Because the USA is the most homophopic civilized country. We're a bunch of hillbillies who can relate better to someone who does a farm animal or marries a sister than to a homosexual.

It'll be interesting to see what these "studies" show since every other study has proven there isn't a negative impact by allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve. This 'study' is just an excuse to exclude American gays and lesbians from our constitutional rights. Only a fool would be fooled into thinking this study, the firt time in our history our military is 'concerned' with offendning service members over a new policy, is nothing but pure BS.
Chiron

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

formerly really wrote:
Yes, they really are that stupid.
I would have to second this opinion. They're the same people who think all gays are pedophiles, computers are an evil gay invention, and would be shocked to find out about their straight neighbors' sexual kinks.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Walnutport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

The homophobia correlates with the percentage of the population that thinks the earth is less than 10000 years old and doesn't "believe in" evolution.

Those percentages are far higher here than in Canada, Israel, the UK, France and Germany.

It's called fundamentalism triumphing over rationality.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

The right wing of this country is setting dangerous precedent if they continue to say that we should defer to the military on matters of policy. The military is supposed to be subserviant to the civilian government, period. There is good reason for this. Giving the military power of policy is providing them with the ability to drag this country ever more towards a theoacracy, and abdicating the power of civilians to run the country.
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
wow...where to start? First off we have a country of inbred bigots/haters and oh yea, buy-bull thumping redneck aka american taliban people. we have a fearful,scared of thier own shadows,teabagging,sarah palin loving numbskulls....we have the south :(, and midwest :(....uber-religious freaks USING thier religion to even rewrite our History books......good thing you don't live here..you can watch america Implode from afar!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Did anyone read about the redneck running for the Senate in a Republican primary in South Carolina who called his opponent a "r*ghead" because she was born a Sikh?

What a bunch of losers down in the US.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
Because...despite the fact that America is a developed, educated, and affluent society...we still are a nation of backwards bigots.

I think maybe too many of us are still carrying around the God gene passed down to us through our Puritan and other religiously dissenting forebears.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Walnutport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because...despite the fact that America is a developed, educated, and affluent society...we still are a nation of backwards bigots.
I think maybe too many of us are still carrying around the God gene passed down to us through our Puritan and other religiously dissenting forebears.
I like this Virgin Queen a lot more than the other Virgin Queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••