Alaska law would allow military to dr...

Alaska law would allow military to drink at age 18

There are 41 comments on the SavannahNow story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Alaska law would allow military to drink at age 18. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Alaska is the latest state to weigh in on a long-running argument: If you're old enough to fight and die for your country, you should be old enough to drink a beer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#45 Apr 15, 2011
SNJ wrote:
<quoted text>
May 18 year olds vote in Alaska?
Here they may. At 18 people may also buy/drink beer or wine.
At 21 they may buy/drink liquors.
At 19 they may join the armed forces and allowed "to die" for their country - or for yours for that matter.....
But we are a population consisting of only reasonable, intelligent and logic minded people. Good luck to you too.....
A population consisting of only reasonable, intelligent and logic minded people? lol...you definitely aren't speaking of your gestapo minded government that rules over Norway's alcohol consumption like the gestapo minded government of the US rules over our airport security.
I took the following off this link...http://randomthoughtson norway.blogspot.com/2008/07/so me-thoughts-on-alcohol.html
"It can be no doubt that the Norwegian alcohol laws are quite strict. Alcohol is generally very expensive, it is only sold at certain times, and stronger alcohols such as spirits and even wine are sold only through special alcohol outlets (Vinmonopolet). Also, in traffic, there is a zero-tolerance towards alcohol."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The unstoppable Donald Trump Feb '16 Abandon Ship 1
News Mark James Miller: Why Republicans Wage War On ... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News News Guide: Highlights of Georgia elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mykro 6
News Republicans demand President Obama institute a ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 TeaBagging for Am... 3
News Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light (Jul '14) Sep '14 Stone 4
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
News GOP works to avert Senate upset in Georgia (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 6
More from around the web