Gingrich campaign off to bad start, l...

Gingrich campaign off to bad start, looks forward

There are 89 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from May 18, 2011, titled Gingrich campaign off to bad start, looks forward. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

Hardly the start he'd hoped for, Newt Gingrich's first week as a presidential candidate has been riddled with missteps that have angered many of his fellow Republicans and exposed campaign vulnerabilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Billy Ringo

United States

#88 May 20, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he might run, but won't get the nomination...What do you think of the rumor that Oprah has let her show end, so she can run as VP with Obama? Biden has served his purpose, and is no longer needed...and Oprah will get the experience she needs to run for prez in 2016.
Don't know about Oprah. Do you have a link for that "rumor"?

But, I've always suspected Biden would not serve a 2nd term - I think Hillary would be VP on the next ticket and then run on her own in '16.
Billy Ringo

United States

#89 May 20, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hear much laughter last Nov, when we spanked you girly men.
What you ALWAYS seem to forget to mention is that in the off-year election, voter turnout was about 44%. In '08, when Obama was on the top of the ticket, turnout was close to 64%.

In '12, when The Commander-In-Chief is on the ticket, expect another massive Dem. voter turnout. Then we'll see......

Palin/Bachmann - 2012 <--- damn mavericky !!!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#90 May 20, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hear much laughter last Nov, when we spanked you girly men.
And you think those idiots who were elected in Nov. have a chance after backing Ryans plan?

Sorry buddy - all those that got elected in the mid terms are gonna be one termers!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#92 May 20, 2011
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about Oprah. Do you have a link for that "rumor"?
But, I've always suspected Biden would not serve a 2nd term - I think Hillary would be VP on the next ticket and then run on her own in '16.
I think it will be Oprah, but Hillary would be pick#2. Gotta get a woman on there, and a black woman would be even better.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#93 May 20, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, what channel does it come on? I might havta climb up on top of the double wide and rotate that antenny
Why does everyone feel the need to over-state their lifestyle on Topix?
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#94 May 20, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, Newt, like Palin, is not gonna run, much less win. But what fun it will be seeing libs foam at the mouth during the run-up will be priceless.
Um. Uh.... Newt just announced his candidacy last week, Jethro.

Alpharetta, GA

#95 May 20, 2011
Chicago Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Um. Uh.... Newt just announced his candidacy last week, Jethro.
Jethro is my brother, but we do look alike, so I understand the confusion. Mama always liked him the most, and she let him breastfeed longer than me, I had to stop at age 10.

I'm hoping Newt does run, just for the blood pressure spike it will cause amongst the libwhacks. Palin caused many of them to age prematurely, and she was not that bright, so a smart guy like Newt might git some of yall to lose your marbles.

Alpharetta, GA

#96 May 20, 2011
Chicago Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does everyone feel the need to over-state their lifestyle on Topix?
You're right, we don't have an antenny on the roof, we run a wire from the telegraph pole into the double wide. Ain't it a shame, we can steal 280 channels, and nothing good on....we usually just set out on the cinder block front steps, grab a cool one from the fridge on the porch, and enjoy the breeze comin offa the retention pond next door. What do you brilliant yankees in Chicago do?

Alpharetta, GA

#97 May 20, 2011
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think those idiots who were elected in Nov. have a chance after backing Ryans plan?
Sorry buddy - all those that got elected in the mid terms are gonna be one termers!
Good points....in fact politics should be one term....lifelong crooks get settled in their ways and do way too much damage over their unending careers....let senators serve 2 terms, and congress serve maybe 3.....term limits

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mark James Miller: Why Republicans Wage War On ... May '15 Tazo 1
News News Guide: Highlights of Georgia elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mykro 6
News Republicans demand President Obama institute a ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 TeaBagging for Am... 3
News Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light (Jul '14) Sep '14 Stone 4
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
News GOP works to avert Senate upset in Georgia (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 6
News Perdue wins Republican Senate runoff in Georgia (Jul '14) Jul '14 Cat74 10
More from around the web