Needs of a nation: U.S. Rep. Silvestr...

Needs of a nation: U.S. Rep. Silvestre Reyes, Mexican president...

There are 49 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 7, 2010, titled Needs of a nation: U.S. Rep. Silvestre Reyes, Mexican president.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

During a U.S. delegation trip to Mexico City, Mexican President Felipe Calderon told U.S. Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#42 Apr 9, 2010
Skeptical wrote:
Congressman Reyes was a former Border Patrol sector chief. He implemented hold the line and contributed to making El Paso one of the safest cities in the United States.The Hold the line initiative is still intact because it worked. He chairs the Intelligence Committee and has the best technology available in which to address this massive drug war.He has always been a man of integrity.He was a career law enforcement officer not a politician.
Then why doesn't he act like a law enforcement officer. He is chair of the intelligence committee because he is in bed with the liberals in power. Otherwise he would just be another Texas congressman they had to deal with. He is there because he will deliver the vote for Obama...and help him "fix" the immigration problem. Here's a news flash for you..."We don't have an immigration problem. We have an illegal alien problem because "Career law enforcement" politicians like Reyes don't want to enforce the immigration laws we have." He is Hispanic first and American second....in other words he wants to change our constitution.
BIGDAWG

El Paso, TX

#43 Apr 9, 2010
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why doesn't he act like a law enforcement officer. He is chair of the intelligence committee because he is in bed with the liberals in power. Otherwise he would just be another Texas congressman they had to deal with. He is there because he will deliver the vote for Obama...and help him "fix" the immigration problem. Here's a news flash for you..."We don't have an immigration problem. We have an illegal alien problem because "Career law enforcement" politicians like Reyes don't want to enforce the immigration laws we have." He is Hispanic first and American second....in other words he wants to change our constitution.
You get a super loud AMEN on that one ..
Malcolm Kyle

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#44 Apr 9, 2010
This war has failed! It has been nothing but a plague or an experiment in how to divert intelligent energy away from dealing with the problem of drug use and addiction. It has wasted our resources whilst encouraging civil, judicial, and penal procedures associated with police states. Even calling it a drug war is grossly misleading; this is a war on all of us and everything the USA once stood for.

There is an irrefutable connection between drug prohibition and the crime, corruption, disease and death it causes. If you are not capable of understanding this connection then maybe you're using something far stronger than the rest of us. Anybody 'halfway bright', and who's not psychologically challenged, should be capable of understanding that it is not simply the demand for drugs that creates the mayhem, it is our refusal to allow legal businesses to meet that demand.

No amount of money, police powers, weaponry, diminution of rights and liberties, wishful thinking or pseudo-science will make our streets safer, only an end to prohibition can do that. How much longer are you willing to foolishly risk your own survival by continuing to ignore the obvious, historically confirmed solution?
BIGDAWG

El Paso, TX

#45 Apr 9, 2010
But guard towers and sharp shooters would sure help a lot . Lock down the borders and maintain the borders of the USA. Keep all illegals out
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#46 Apr 9, 2010
The Nomad wrote:
Everyone I know in El Paso always says that Reyes has always been nothing but a mouthpiece and shill for the interests of the Mexican government, often in contradiction to the interests of Americans on the US side of the border.
This guy is an unabashed advocate for open borders with no real line of demarcation between Mexico and the US. If he had his way, the US would be a majority Latino nation.
Yet, most of the people here vote straight ticket Democrat....time and time again.

It's sad, they don't even care who is running, just as long as they have a (D) in front of their name they know they are taken care of by the government handouts at hardworking taxpayer expense.
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#47 Apr 9, 2010
BIGDAWG wrote:
But guard towers and sharp shooters would sure help a lot . Lock down the borders and maintain the borders of the USA. Keep all illegals out
That would be too cheap, we need something more expensive!!!!!
(just kidding of course)
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#48 Apr 9, 2010
guest wrote:
The Sinaloa cartel, according to many, have won the war for Juarez! That just leaves the electoral campaigns. If anyone believes the stakes are anything less than a fight for control of the country, they better think again! If we ask President Calderon to don't tell us show us what he has done against the Sinaloa Cartel, there are very few captures. Somebody in Washington needs to sound the alarm, there is a high degree of probability that the Sinaloa Cartel will strengthen as a result of the upcoming elections,and there is nothing in America's foreign policy to deal with the consequences.
If they have won the war for Juarez, why have 600 people been murdered in Juarez in 2010 alone?

I agree with you about the very few captures, it's almost like the Mexican government wants more killings to get more free money from the U.S?

Are you saying the cartels are part of the government, or that they are trying to take over the government of Mexico?
Comment

El Paso, TX

#49 Apr 9, 2010
I truly support the comment that giving money to Mexico in the meridia initiative is useless because of corruption purposes. We need to do our part here in the U.S. with South bound operations. That money should be invested in our National Guard to do these type of operations that have been conducted before. You would be surprised how much money, controband, and weapons would be seized. Hit them where it hurts, in their pocket.
Eastside

Brownsville, TX

#51 Apr 12, 2010
Mr. Reyes can you say UTEP?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry Cuellar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border Patrol's checkpoints overlooked in debat... Mar '18 Serendipity Effec... 7
News Border Patrol's checkpoints overlooked in debat... Feb '18 Retribution 13
News 'It's a mess': DACA negotiations hit a snag ahe... Jan '18 Fed Up in NC 17
News Small-town church where shooting was center of ... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Evangelical Scam 5
News Undocumented 10-Year-Old With Cerebral Palsey D... (Oct '17) Oct '17 tomin cali 6
News Border Patrol halts building of wall (Nov '08) Oct '17 liarrrrr 12
News Congressmen oppose Texas wildlife refuge as bor... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Red Crosse 80