Could U.S. drones be used to fight Me...

Could U.S. drones be used to fight Mexico's drug war?

There are 6 comments on the San Antonio Express-News story from Nov 20, 2010, titled Could U.S. drones be used to fight Mexico's drug war?. In it, San Antonio Express-News reports that:

Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Laredo , visits with U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin and David Gasho, director of operations for the Sierra Vista, Ariz., office, in front of a Predator drone at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Antonio Express-News.

Interesting

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2010
Only if they're armed.
So B it

AOL

#2 Nov 21, 2010
They already are on the AZ border, flying out of Ft. Huachuca.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#3 Nov 21, 2010
Could U.S. drones be used to fight Mexico's drug war?

YES INDEED!!!!

Load them up with Missles
Beer_chaser

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2010
Lock and Load !
MarinLocal

Novato, CA

#5 Nov 21, 2010
Drones are a 'paper tiger', a distraction, and an intentional waste of money. This reminds me of the 'virtual fence', which was a stall tactic, an intentional waste of money, and an alternative to the effective double fence.
We would be far better off with 2 men in old Hiway Patroll Planes, BiPlanes,(or simple unmanned aircraft w/surveillance). One man to fly, one man to operate a sophisticated camera, and relay communications to ground forces.
We could have at least 15 times more effectiveness for the same amount of money. Or, better yet, put some of that money into fences, and boots on the ground. That would hurt the Cartels far more than some unarmed Drones. The Democrats, and Pro Amnesty love drones, they are inefficient compared to other alternatives, and yet make the uninformed public think they are doing something about our wide open border.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#6 Nov 21, 2010
Armed Citizens = "Homeland Security"

If only we the people were allowed to protect our country

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry Cuellar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama blamed for immigration influx (Jul '14) Jun 29 nanoanomaly 196
News newFull Measure: Broken Dreams May '16 wild child 2
News Officials see 'influx' of Cuban immigrants as l... Mar '16 Truthfull 1
News Chicken Little Chuckie Schumer: America's Disea... Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Cuellar Says Budget Deal Includes Crucial Forei... (Dec '15) Dec '15 ronnie 3
News Growing shockwave of illegal immigrants bring n... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Truthfull 4
News House Dems willing to save John Boehner (Sep '15) Sep '15 YouDidntBuildThat 3
More from around the web