'War' of words returns to party campa...

'War' of words returns to party campaign messaging post Giffords shooting

There are 40 comments on the The Hill story from Apr 19, 2012, titled 'War' of words returns to party campaign messaging post Giffords shooting. In it, The Hill reports that:

Fifteen months after the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords led to calls for politicians to tone down their rhetoric, Republicans and Democrats are prominently using "war" in their respective campaign messages.A Members of both parties had urged their colleagues to ratchet down the animus following the January 2011 assassination attempt on former Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hill.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leo

Tulsa, OK

#21 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Well, WE plan to WIN. Tag Rmoney and I love the fact that Ted Nugent is on OUR side.
That's how Mormon Jesus rolls. The New Testament ain't all that. Get with the new Good Book!
Now that all God fearing Christians are being called up on by their pastors to love their new Pastor Romney, look for courses in every Methodist, Baptist and Pentacostal church on the holy words in the Book of Mormon. Look for the only authorized version of the Bible to be one that has 3 Testaments with the B of M following right behind Revelation. About time the Christian faith caved on this idea of one faith and only one faith. Only the beginning.....

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#22 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What's an innovation?

A new idea, method, or device : novelty

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#23 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Well, WE plan to WIN. Tag Rmoney and I love the fact that Ted Nugent is on OUR side.
That's how Mormon Jesus rolls. The New Testament ain't all that. Get with the new Good Book!

Former President Jimmy Carter denounces the Southern Baptists again

July 20, 2009

You're an Idiot.

Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#24 Apr 19, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted and Sarah should get together - not 100 IQ points between them, but they'd have fun shootin' and rockin' and bein' dumb.
LOL! Careful, there's a commie sneakin' up behind you, Cletus!!
;)
Typical dumb LIBERAL. You're just racist against Mormons. So you're making mean comments about great Americans like Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin.

Either one of them would make a FINE VP for Bishop Rmoney!!!

I pray to Joseph Smith it happens!!!

That will teach you to support that black guy.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#25 Apr 19, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
A new idea, method, or device : novelty
Thank you. You are so nice. I can't believe you are a dumb LIBERAL.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#26 Apr 19, 2012
harvey wrote:
Oh, and Ted? He's a moron, a washed-up has-been who can only get attention from the mainstream public by saying wacky, insane, vaguely threatening things.
He hasn't been musically relevant or successful since, what, the '70s? Some would say, since he left the Amboy Dukes.
Pathetic, really. Just retire to your compound and shoot at critters, Ted. Your day's long past.
That's EXACTLY why I like him. Him and Bishop Rmoney are BOTH Mormons. There's more to life than devil music. There's hope for you too.

Just STFU and fall in line.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#27 Apr 19, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that I've been unemployed for years and collecting a check from my lord Obama.
;)

Yep, you're a typical deomocrat alrighty.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#28 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. You are so nice. I can't believe you are a dumb LIBERAL.

Hmmmmm. You didn't know the definition of a word, so I provided it and you have the audacity to call me dumb? Look in the mirror dummy.

Geesh! You're not only in ignorant SOB, you're ungrateful too. What a Putz.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#29 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical dumb LIBERAL. You're just racist against Mormons. So you're making mean comments about great Americans like Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin.

I thought blobama was 1/2 white & 1/2 black. Hmmmmmmmm. You can't seem to get your story straight boy.

Former President Jimmy Carter denounces the Southern Baptists again

July 20, 2009

You're an Idiot.
Cat74

United States

#30 Apr 19, 2012
We are a long way from Jimmy Carter's Baptist background. In the 70s religion was a private affair. Now the Democrats cannot run on their record, or any of their budgets, or their belief in the Constitution so they are left with political attacks like addled children. BTW, that light Michele says Obama led us into, was that the $50. light bulb the Democrats were just bragging about? I thought so.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#31 Apr 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
We are a long way from Jimmy Carter's Baptist background. In the 70s religion was a private affair. Now the Democrats cannot run on their record, or any of their budgets, or their belief in the Constitution so they are left with political attacks like addled children.

BTW, that light Michele says Obama led us into, was that the $50. light bulb the Democrats were just bragging about? I thought so.

Agree.

Good post.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#32 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:

"If you actually took the number of Muslims [sic] Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world." Barack Obama

Politi-Fact rates Obama's claim a "Pants on Fire" LIE.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#33 Apr 19, 2012
Ted needs to return to Amboy St. in Redford in shame!
Cat74

United States

#34 Apr 19, 2012
Ted needs a Psychological test to see if he should have guns. Sane people do not threaten the President of the U S with bodily harm.
My family does not approve of the policies of this President, and will support his opponent, but he is a loving father, and deserves whatever e needs, including sober protection.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#35 Apr 20, 2012
Makes no sense wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Funny post. It WAS funny on purpose, right? Satire? Please tell me it was.:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#36 Apr 20, 2012
The laughing loon wrote:
Yep, you're a typical deomocrat [sic] alrighty.
The difference is simple: I've worked all my life; you've sucked all your life. You're a typical Rightie liar and noisemaker, punk.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#37 Apr 20, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you actually took the number of Muslims [sic] Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world." Barack Obama
Trivial as hell, old news, and no one cares - but note this point of interest, a quote from the article (Politifact isn't totally reliable, either):

"So, of the 60 most populous Muslim states, the United States ranks 58th."

So, we're one of the 60 most populous Muslim states. Guess Obama wasn't far off, huh?

LOL

Douchebag.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#38 Apr 20, 2012
The laughing loon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and in addition, Loon, you might note that the mere fact that someone is incorrect (assuming Obama had been) doesn't make them a "liar." Liars speak falsehoods deliberately; I see no proof that Obama did so here.

Nice fact plant...THUD! ;)
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#39 Apr 20, 2012
Leo wrote:
<quoted text>Now that all God fearing Christians are being called up on by their pastors to love their new Pastor Romney, look for courses in every Methodist, Baptist and Pentacostal church on the holy words in the Book of Mormon. Look for the only authorized version of the Bible to be one that has 3 Testaments with the B of M following right behind Revelation. About time the Christian faith caved on this idea of one faith and only one faith. Only the beginning.....
It's better than having the Qur'an shoved down our throats.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#40 Apr 20, 2012
Gabby Giffords was known as a Blue Dog Democrat who frequently voted against her party so why would the Democrats try to blame Palin for the shooting?

This may be why.

http://www.wnd.com/2011/01/249429/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Gabrielle Giffords Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Navy to commission USS Gabrielle Giffords Jan 16 Deplorable 17
News The Gabby: Navy to commission USS Gabrielle Gif... Dec 27 Trump your President 21
News Navy secretary defends his unusual picks for sh... Sep '16 Wondering 4
News Navy secretary defends his unusual picks for sh... Sep '16 BabyDoll 4
Please do not endorse mart kirk Aug '16 Lfoss 1
News Lawmakers pushing immigration bills receive thr... (Feb '11) Jul '16 kuda 4
News Our Opinion: Searching for answers in the face ... (Jun '16) Jun '16 National Alligato... 5
More from around the web