Obama tangles with Arizona Gov. Jan B...

Obama tangles with Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer over immigration book

There are 1141 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jan 25, 2012, titled Obama tangles with Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer over immigration book. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Still > 38 million, says Nielsen: http://t.co/PxIk6IPE #SOTU @ DavidNakamura : Dust-up in the desert: Obama tangles with AZ governor Jan Brewer over her depiction of him in her immigration book http://t.co/wsi8ZkwF @ DavidNakamura : PHOTO: Cranes provide symbolic backdrop for Obama in Phoenix to speak on "an economy built to last" ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 58
Next Last
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Jan 25, 2012
I can't get my mind around this woman actually wrote a book, and somebody published her writings. If that's not money pandering there will never be a better example. She's prostituting the Office of Governor for personal gain.
Theres no Eric Gustafson

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2012
Obama has written several books while in office, "Curious George Gets a Job" and "I Married a Wookie". What about that dude?
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#3 Jan 26, 2012
Good for Governor Brewer!

The Federal Government is suing the Arizona State Government for daring to enforce existing immigration law, and this fool in chief is attempting to intimidate her because he feels her depiction of him in a book is inaccurate? How petty and arrogant can he be? Obama is no gentleman.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4 Jan 26, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
I can't get my mind around this woman actually wrote a book, and somebody published her writings. If that's not money pandering there will never be a better example. She's prostituting the Office of Governor for personal gain.
The major portion of Obama's income the last three years is reported as book sales. Funny, he makes millions a year on a books he (cough) wrote many years ago. Just like having the government buy $80,000 worth. Sounds like a quick way to bonus yourself.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Jan 26, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The major portion of Obama's income the last three years is reported as book sales. Funny, he makes millions a year on a books he (cough) wrote many years ago. Just like having the government buy $80,000 worth. Sounds like a quick way to bonus yourself.
eric is one of those..."it's okay for us, it's not okay for you" -ssholes. they aren't intelligent enough to realize, THEIR HEROS do EXACTLY what they decry their "enemies" (obama's word, not mine) for doing.
hell, if they were smart enough to see that, they'd be smart enough to be conservatives!

btw, the feds MUST be buying up obama's books...i've seen them on the dollar rack at big lots! how ELSE do you make a million dollars on marked down books????

Since: Jan 07

Luzerne, PA

#6 Jan 26, 2012
Calling them ss you see them is politically incorrect. In today's society, one has to follow the script rather than what he truly believes. There will be consequences for the governor and possibly for Arizona. The proudly acknowledged freedoms in this country are gradually being legislated away and due process is a charade.
Gravediggers

United States

#7 Jan 26, 2012
Here's the article on the State Department buying Obama's book:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theov...

so now, we, taxpayers are having to pony up to add to Obama's bank account. That's OUR tax dollars enriching the Obamas. We pay for Michelle's private vacations, that's enough.

Why doesn't the media ask Obama about this book purchase? Does he intend to reimburse the public for the costs?

Shameful Rezko behavior and now this.

The public should be wary of the media. Obama is perfect, everything he's done is wonderful.

Get out and VOTE in 2012. Reclaim the Senate and the Presidency. Don't allow Obama more opportunity to pad the Supreme Court and other lifetime federal judgeships.

Sitting on your butt instead of going to the polls will doom our country.
LMAO

De Soto, KS

#8 Jan 26, 2012
Just one more reason why I support Gov Jan! I'm still disgusted that Obama was in AZ boasting about a new Intel Chip plant in Chandler he had absolutely zero to do with! The State of Arizona deserves the credit, not Nobama!

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 26, 2012
Gov. Brewer rules!!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#10 Jan 26, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
eric is one of those..."it's okay for us, it's not okay for you" -ssholes. they aren't intelligent enough to realize, THEIR HEROS do EXACTLY what they decry their "enemies" (obama's word, not mine) for doing.
hell, if they were smart enough to see that, they'd be smart enough to be conservatives!
btw, the feds MUST be buying up obama's books...i've seen them on the dollar rack at big lots! how ELSE do you make a million dollars on marked down books????
The President is not writing political propaganda books while he is in office. Brewer is. After first saying the meeting was cordial and productive the witch now is trying to portray it as the opposite. It is just more political grandstanding for the sole purpose of political grandstanding by the worlds ugliest elected official. If Brewer really wanted to stop illegalís crossing into Arizona all she needs to do is post pictures of herself along the border. That face could scare the fleas off a junk yard dog.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#11 Jan 26, 2012
Dances with Wolves wrote:
Good for Governor Brewer!
The Federal Government is suing the Arizona State Government for daring to enforce existing immigration law, and this fool in chief is attempting to intimidate her because he feels her depiction of him in a book is inaccurate? How petty and arrogant can he be? Obama is no gentleman.
Wrong. The Federal Government sued Arizona for attempting to unconstitutionally write their own immigration laws.
Gunnery Sgt Hartman

Sayville, NY

#12 Jan 26, 2012
Jitney wrote:
Gov. Brewer rules!!
With a bigger pair of balls than that limp-dick Comander-In-Chief of ours too. Hel l, I wouldn't even mind having her in my Beloved Corps.
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#13 Jan 26, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. The Federal Government sued Arizona for attempting to unconstitutionally write their own immigration laws.
You mean the ones that they refuse to enforce?

Like the Tenth Amendment? "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

This argument will be decided by the Supreme Court. If a power is delegated to the US, and the US refuses to act, do the States then have the right to enforce the Federal law?

You are wrong. The State of Arizona is not writing its own law. It is merely parroting Federal Law in order that THEY may enforce what the Feds refuse to do.

Paris

#14 Jan 26, 2012
LMAO wrote:
Just one more reason why I support Gov Jan! I'm still disgusted that Obama was in AZ boasting about a new Intel Chip plant in Chandler he had absolutely zero to do with! The State of Arizona deserves the credit, not Nobama!
He always slides in when the credit is being handed out, but never for the accountability for his failures......she cleaned his clock as usual for the Wennie in Chief.

Paris

#15 Jan 26, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. The Federal Government sued Arizona for attempting to unconstitutionally write their own immigration laws.
Obama Ignores Judge's Order, Skips Court Date in Case Challenging His Qualifications... whatís one more contempt of court for King Barry.

Looks like Barry likes to write his own laws........and ignore others.
Suzie Adams

Long Beach, CA

#16 Jan 26, 2012
This is all campaign stuff. Occupy people and class warfare work best for Obama in the urban areas but working to further divide us using RACE works best for the President in many areas like AZ and CA which are suffering due to masses of illegals. The more divided Americans we become the better for Obama's chances of re-election.
Correct

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jan 26, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama Ignores Judge's Order, Skips Court Date in Case Challenging His Qualifications... whatís one more contempt of court for King Barry.
Looks like Barry likes to write his own laws........and ignore others.
Exactly

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#18 Jan 26, 2012
Brewer should have ordered his arrest by Joe who would have dressed him in pink and had him pedal a bike to watch the arrest on TV in a tent. Then send Joe after holder, because we wouldn't want him to get lonely or be profiled. Hell, through in washerwoman schultz too.
OMG LOL

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 26, 2012
Good one Jack!
Paul Revere

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jan 26, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>The President is not writing political propaganda books while he is in office. Brewer is. After first saying the meeting was cordial and productive the witch now is trying to portray it as the opposite. It is just more political grandstanding for the sole purpose of political grandstanding by the worlds ugliest elected official. If Brewer really wanted to stop illegalís crossing into Arizona all she needs to do is post pictures of herself along the border. That face could scare the fleas off a junk yard dog.
No better yet the face of the First Lady would scare them all the way to Ecuador, LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 58
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Gabrielle Giffords Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP congressional hopeful admonishes foe's 'amn... (May '10) Oct '17 C Kersey 2
News Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fue... (May '11) Sep '17 Ammo_45 21
News Sarah Palin sues NY Times over editorial tying ... Jul '17 spud 126
News Former Congresswoman Giffords, wounded in 2011 ... (Jun '15) Jun '17 Dementia mental c... 20
News Warship USS Gabrielle Giffords commissioned in ... (Jun '17) Jun '17 CodeTalker 4
News Warship USS Gabrielle Giffords commissioned in ... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Julia 6
News Navy to commission USS Gabrielle Giffords (Dec '16) Jun '17 The Anti-Flower C... 17
More from around the web