Sen. Toomey Appointed To Debt Super Committee

Full story: WFMZ

A local lawmaker has been tasked with the job to help find a bipartisan way to reduce the federal deficit, and balance the budget.
Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robin Saunders

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

I am very pleased with the selections of Pat Toomey as co-chair of this committee. His wisdom, knowledge and experience are just what we need to return our nation to smaller government. This will returning responsiblity to the individual American to make our country great, once again.
Dave

Center Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Maybe his expertice in running a sports bar in Allentown will help.
Easton

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

God help us!! He is part of the problem now they think they have the solutions to solve this problem LMAO!!!! Bunch of legeal crooks in washington!!!
cincy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

This is the guy who helped send job's to China and now he wants to help.......oh please!
Linda

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Batten down the hatches - and cover your butts . Toomey is not there to HELP but to disrupt . You better believe that he sure can't listen to the local voters as to their wishes SO this is going to be another comedy act in Washington !
A bi-partisan commission WOULD have been "citizens" from across America , different ages , and parties. THAN - THERE WOULD BE A CHANCE for a real solution NOT TAINTED and BOUGHT BY THE KOCH BROTHERS.
PAY attention - there are 2 good old boys BUYING UP the votes , setting policies , and screwing EVERY average citizen.
Jack T

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Lol @ Kerry, Murray and Baucus on the other side. Just another do-nothing committee.

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Linda wrote:
Batten down the hatches - and cover your butts . Toomey is not there to HELP but to disrupt . You better believe that he sure can't listen to the local voters as to their wishes SO this is going to be another comedy act in Washington !
A bi-partisan commission WOULD have been "citizens" from across America , different ages , and parties. THAN - THERE WOULD BE A CHANCE for a real solution NOT TAINTED and BOUGHT BY THE KOCH BROTHERS.
PAY attention - there are 2 good old boys BUYING UP the votes , setting policies , and screwing EVERY average citizen.
Opensecrets.org reported that George Soros spent 10 times what the Koch brothers spent last year... Soros's money doesn't go to people like Toomey....
egyptdave

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Hooray for toomey, Tax cuts for millionaires, break unions, cut medicare, and stop social security.
Revolutionary

Hawley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

All of you that are naysayers against Pat Toomey need to remember the idiot that was in his seat before. If Toomey blinks an eyelash it's more than Specturd did in his worthless years in the Senate. Stupid liberals should just ooze on out to California and be happy living with the rest of your ilk while the rest of America rights itself.
Vod Knockers

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Robin Saunders wrote:
I am very pleased with the selections of Pat Toomey as co-chair of this committee. His wisdom, knowledge and experience are just what we need to return our nation to smaller government. This will returning responsiblity to the individual American to make our country great, once again.
How long has he been in office? How much smaller has the government got under his watch? How many jobs have been created by not taxing millionaires? He's not my cup of Tea.
Revolutionary

Hawley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Vod Knockers wrote:
<quoted text>
How long has he been in office? How much smaller has the government got under his watch? How many jobs have been created by not taxing millionaires? He's not my cup of Tea.
When we vote all of your libtard ilk out of office in 2012 you'll see some nice reduction in Government.
Vod Knockers

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Revolutionary wrote:
<quoted text>
When we vote all of your libtard ilk out of office in 2012 you'll see some nice reduction in Government.
That would mean republicans will need to go too. Smaller gov't= less politicians=less republicans. By the way, name calling makes you neither right or smart, just shows your true colors. Republicans count on people like you that can't think for themselves. Good day sir.
Revolutionary

Hawley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Vod Knockers wrote:
<quoted text>
That would mean republicans will need to go too. Smaller gov't= less politicians=less republicans. By the way, name calling makes you neither right or smart, just shows your true colors. Republicans count on people like you that can't think for themselves. Good day sir.
No, but it makes me feel better. I think you have the parties mixed up, it's the democrats that don't want people thinking for themselves. They want a nanny state/cradle to grave system where everyone works for the state and peace and love prevail. Unfortunately we are human beings with emotions where a utopia will never exist. No matter how much the democrats try to shove such nonsense down our throats.
Rat Toomey

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Robin Saunders wrote:
Experience in what? Helping businesses ship their jobs overseas? Filling pretzels bowls at the family barroom? Turning into a career taxpayer-fleecer with no results? What a shtup.
big dog watching

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

THEY LET THE FOX LOSS IN THE CHICKEN COP,YOUR CHICKENS WILL BE PLUCKED WITH HIM ON THE SUPER COMMITTEE . THIS GUY WILL CAUSE AN ISSUE ON THE CURRENT ECONOMIC SLIDE.
Average Person

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Well that sealled that deal.....The middle class will definitely get screwed again....This guy is truly for the rich
bud

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Will Biden reside over all of this, then wake
up and give the most intellenged answer he has
in that head? Then everything will be fix and
we can go forth as the great country we were!!!
The debt will be paid, and all you nimrods will
take all the rich's money.......minus Bidens,
Obamas, Pelosi, Reids,,,and the list of Obamas
merry follower will have what you have envies
and lusten over for years. Someone elses money
and what they worked while you just lusted.
Pretty picture of what we have spawned in this country
PA Rural

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Robin Saunders wrote:
You are kidding- Right?
Stewie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

One more committee. Wonderful.
mustg94

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

toomey and the right wing wackos will turn this country into a 3rd.world country. We are well on our way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••