1,000 people attend town hall meeting...

1,000 people attend town hall meeting in Red Bank on health care

There are 4 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Aug 26, 2009, titled 1,000 people attend town hall meeting in Red Bank on health care. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

Over one thousand people attended a town hall meeting at Red Bank middle school on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Janet Marmaro

AOL

#1 Aug 27, 2009
If illegal immigrants are not included in this healthcare insurance reform (so they say), that would mean that illegals are still going to use hospital emergency room care, and we're still paying for it, so where's the savings??? I'm disgusted with this whole process and lack of detailed information. We all know how the legislators can write a paragraph in legal language and it can cover twenty different things.
AHA

United States

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Well have not seen a solution from the nay sayers.You stand in front of an angry crowd and see how well you do. Have you seen any plan that our legislators come up with that works.We need Party reform.
Alexis

Hackensack, NJ

#3 Aug 27, 2009
I was at that Town Hall meeting on Tuesday night.
It was absolutely shameful. The level of ignorance was mind blowing. The majority of the group were animalistic. Honestly they have not evolved at all!!!! They yelled and mocked women in wheel chairs, and the mom of a disabled child with a blind husband. They literally screamed over these women. They yelled "TOO BAD!!!!" "WHO CARES!!!!" The would not let them speak at all...Yet this (I'm not sure I should call them people) mean spirited, souless group, thought THEIR rights, THEIR freedom of speech is more important than anybody else's, it was all about them. This by the way is the same group that wore all the AMERICAN FLAG CLOTHING, shirts, socks, hats. They sang our National Anthem LOUD & ANGRY. What a farce. No One in the world should be dumb enough to think that these angry people wearing American Flag clothes are Patriotic. Just the opposite. They are heartless, selfish and the most UNAMERICAN group of people I can imagine. AMERICA TAKE BACK YOUR INTELLECT! To the women at the meeting in Wheel Chairs & the Mom of The disabled daughter, I want to say "I CARE". I am sorry for how you were treated. Many Americans care about you. It was such a nerve racking experience to be at that meeting that I did not think to approach you in person and tell you so. I spoke at the meeting but did not get my thoughts together enough to address you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry for how you were treated by the conservative angry mob of UNAMERICANS.
Alexis

Hackensack, NJ

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Also, to the Star Ledger Reporter That did the Video Story about being a "Centrist":
Well Done!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frank Pallone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Trump office would protect conscience right... Sat Anita Bryant s Jihad 6
News Kentucky is first to get OK for Medicaid work r... Jan 16 bander 6
News Kentucky is first to get OK for Medicaid work r... Jan 13 RIP 4
News Kentucky is first to get OK for Medicaid work r... Jan 13 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Military turns to oyster reefs to protect again... Jan 1 marg 2
News Lawmakers call Equifax response to breach inade... Oct '17 anonymous 1
News US deports Indonesian Christian who fled persec... (May '17) May '17 californio 10
More from around the web