Legislation Would Provide More Chirop...

Legislation Would Provide More Chiropractors at VA Centers Nationwide

There are 212 comments on the PR-inside.com story from Apr 30, 2007, titled Legislation Would Provide More Chiropractors at VA Centers Nationwide. In it, PR-inside.com reports that:

“Putting more chiropractors into VA hospitals will give more seniors additional options for care”

It's looking more promising for veterans to get proper chiropractic care for common ailments such as neck pain, low back pain and degenerative conditions. via PR-inside.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PR-inside.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Dr Eben Davis

Redwood City, CA

#1 May 3, 2007
Well, it's about time. Seniors will greatly benefit from these treatment choices. They should be given even more options. It is a well known fact that chiropractic care can give pain releif even for seniors with badly degenerated spines and disc conditions..
jim

AOL

#2 May 3, 2007
Chiropractic needs somebody to pay be it the government or insurance companys. It is not valuable enough to people for them to pay for it themselves.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#3 May 3, 2007
as a Vet the LAST thing I want is the medical care at my veterans hospital to be further watered down with the economic drain of a "bone and back" cracker on the payroll.
When I go for treatment I want a qualified, real , doctor, like an MD, DO, PA, or RN to see me, not a subluxation jockey, adjusting my "inate", to get rid of my nonexsistent "subluxations". This is just an attempt by organized quackier to get on the federal payroll. Jim is right, chiropractic needs somebody to pay them, the general public does not value them enough to pay for them out of their own pocket- so lets get the taxpayer to subsidize them , this is the battle cry of the ACA. Not on my watch!
My next letter will be to my Congressman and Senator.
Historically chiroville has been after Congress to FORCE the military to commision these quacks as officers in the health care branchs of the military. Thank heaven our military has more sense, they have never commisioned a chiropractor , as a chiropractor, in the health services . So they will now try to get in the back door , via the VA. they will stop at nothing , even to take advantage of our wounded vets. For shame.
Before we put DC's in the VA health care system- maybe they should find out if civilian hospitals want them? They do not. Just call your local hospital and ask for the "Chiropractor " on duty, and wait for the laughter on the other end of the phone.

United States

#4 May 3, 2007
OH yes, the "press release" that announced this push to put chiroquackier in the VA system... it came from a NJ CHIROPRACTOR's office, and a member of the ACA, not anyone associtated with medicine, only chiropractic. Consider the source.
jim

AOL

#6 May 4, 2007
lawman, it is nice to have someone with your ability fighting on the side of the angels.
jim too

Maryville, TN

#7 May 13, 2007
And what kind of doctor are you lawman? As for chiropractors in hospitals...this shows your real "in depth" knowledge of health care. Chiropractors don't need the support of drug companies, hospitals, or even the military to be successful. As for the "quacks", there are currently 290 medical and pharmaceutical mistakes made DAILY in the U.S. Want to take a stab at how many Vets get hurt by chiropractic each day? There are less complaints against chiropractors each year nationally, than there are med mistakes in one day!! Wow, guess the chiropractors are the real angels.
jim

AOL

#8 May 13, 2007
No chiropractors don't need the support of drug companies, hospitals, or the military to be successful. What they need is government supported student loans and some innocent gullable fresh faces. Why don't you play the chiropractors are just victums card where the people can just barely read like it has been done before.
fatman

Abbotsford, Canada

#9 May 13, 2007
"Lawnan, it is nice to have someone with your ability fighting on the side of angels"
That's pathetic.
jim

AOL

#10 May 14, 2007
How about; Lawman it is nice that someone with your ability wears a white hat like all my cowboy heroes.
jim too

Maryville, TN

#11 May 14, 2007
Sorry, I don't think any card needs to be played (by the way, you did not spell "victums" or "companys" correctly in your earlier comments...so who do you think can just barely read?)

As for the lawman, and Jim's comment on how chiropractors need the government to give them support. It appears that the lawman has or is currently working for the government, was a military man, again for the government, and now is depending on, once again the government, for his medical care.

If you are both so concerned about this, why don't you build a career on your OWN independent of total support from the government, and pay for your OWN medical expenses?

If you don't like the healthcare you receive, then afford your own.
MIKEY

Maryville, TN

#12 May 14, 2007
Amen jim too.

United States

#13 May 14, 2007
I was a military man . I pay for my own health care . I paid for it with my own blood. I think I have a right to voice my opinion about keeping these QUACKS out of the hospital's that treat vet's like myself. When I put the uniform on- the first time in 1968 by the way- I went into "harms way" with the promise that I would receive lifetime care for service related injuries- You gotta problem with that- take it up with the Congress, but when you do, tell them about your military service, or lack thereof, first.
The number of "mistakes" medicine may , or may not, make is a silly and frankly stupid response to a chirocritizim. Chiro's do not operate on people- they haven't the skill. Chiro's treat self-resolving conditions for the most part. They are not real doctors , they do not practice medicine. Chiro's do not trat life or death conditions.Saying chiro's make fewer mistakes than medicine, and you should get medical help from chiro because of that, is a bit like saying chiros make fewer mistakes than tax preparers- so go to a chiro for medical treatment. Dumb comparison.Chiropractic has nothing to do with medicine. Comparing them is like comparing an apple to an orange.
Why do all the defenders of chiroville NEVER actually show or offer any evidence that chiro is effective for anything? All they ever do is attack medicine, or the people who speak out and expose chiropractic for what it is- a sham.
Could it be that that is all they have to defend their position with - attacks on medicine and "big drug company's", but no real benefit from chiropractic itself.

United States

#14 May 14, 2007
Jim too, You have the freedoms you have because of "military men" , like myself. To suggest that former military do not "pay for" their health care is disingenuous, they pay for it with their lives, all too frequently, to guarantee people like you get keep your liberties. Are you suggesting that military medical care is somehow a "welfare" condition, that the miliotary is "dependent" on the largess of the country? It is the other way around , the civilians are dependent on the military for just about everything that really counts- like freedom, and your government.
jim

AOL

#15 May 14, 2007
If you ever read any of B.J. palmers writings you wuld notice he spelled worse than me. By your chiro logic I should be allowed to spell poorly because B.J. spelled worse. Your logic is not all bad.

United States

#16 May 14, 2007
JIMTOO,
PS I no longer work for "the government". I speak for myself , anyway , why would working for the government somehow lessen the value of an opinion? Your logic astounds me.

But then again, I have learned that people who never wore any military uniform often do not value the most basic of freedoms because for them, freedom is worth what THEY paid for it personally - nothing.
jim too

Maryville, TN

#17 May 14, 2007
Those "mistakes" lawman, were pharmaceutical/medicine errors ONLY, that doesn't even include surgical errors. That's not an attack, it's just the facts.

As for treating self limiting conditions, I think the fact that chiropractic has existed longer without any healthcare system coverage than any other profession speaks for itself. If it didn't work, patients would not pay out-of-pocket at the rate they do for chiropractic care (period).

It is one of very few health related professions that truly can, does, and has existed without the need for third party reimbursement.

The next time you call your laughing hospital staff (not the county/government supported hospital), ask them what percentage of their patient base is self-pay. Nationally, chiropractors have one of the highest self-pay practice percentages in the nation, next to dentists, and veteranarians, of course.

I don't see many med docs running out to open cash practices these days. Why? Because they see PEOPLE aren't willing to pay directly for their own care. Even many surgeons that do elective procedures, utilize third party as a means for reimbursement. I wonder if the VA will be paying for any of those? Hmmmmm.

Maybe it's not chiropractic that's the problem. Maybe it's people not wanting to be responsible for their own care that's the real issue. Makes you think, huh?

By the way, no one discounts your military service. It is highly respectful. It's just your view is somewhat slanted, and misplaced. If you don't want to see a certain doctor (DC, MD, etc.) at the VA, then don't.
jim too

Maryville, TN

#18 May 14, 2007
Jim, sorry to get onto the spelling. I see you have some chiro experience, and didn't mean to give you a hard time.

You definitely have a right to your thoughts, etc., as do I. I hope you weren't offended.
jim too

Maryville, TN

#19 May 14, 2007
Lawman, lastly, I forgot to comment on the "proof" of chiropractic you are so diligently looking for.

Currently there are more studies supporting the effectiveness of spinal manipulation for the treatment of low back pain than any other form of MEDICAL/SURGICAL treatment. Not my opinion, just the facts.

Why do you think physical therapists in every state of the U.S. desire to be able to perform spinal maniupulation? Why do we see physiatrists (MDs) steadily increasing in the medical community?

Because spinal manipulation works!

Try finding some success stories for low back surgery, and maybe you would be ranting on their blog instead.
jim

AOL

#20 May 14, 2007
You had better hope thier is something to general manipulation, because I know there is nothing to chiropratic manipulation.
jim

AOL

#21 May 14, 2007
Jimtoo, lets all try and have a little fun with this stuff. maybe well meaning people can dissagree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frank Pallone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House Republicans tout healthcare plan, Democra... Feb 21 more 6
News House GOP hails health plan that Democrats call... Feb 20 Pessimistic1 1
News Is Christie or Obama to blame for N.J. getting ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mathematics 2
News Synthetic turf industry lobbies up in safety fight (Jan '16) Jan '16 goonsquat 8
News The Free Beacon Thinks Purchasing Ammunition Sh... (May '15) May '15 JEFF1234 1
News EPA blasts GOP's bill to change climate rule (Apr '15) Apr '15 red and right 11
News Bringing Predictability and Speed to DEA's Sche... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web