How New Jersey's House delegation vot...

How New Jersey's House delegation voted on bailout

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 29, 2008, titled How New Jersey's House delegation voted on bailout. In it, Newsday reports that:

Against: Rodney Frelinghuysen , Scott Garrett , Frank LoBiondo , Bill Pascrell , Donald Payne , Steve Rothman , Chris Smith .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Robert Walden

Crawfordsville, IN

#1 Sep 29, 2008
I'll tell you what is ridiculous. Garrett, Payne LoBiondo, Rothman and their ilk are IDIOTS. To "save" taxpayers $700 billion, they created a market panic that in one day alone wiped out $1.4 TRILLION, let alone the loss in market value in the past week. Who got hurt? Taxpayers, that's who. Common people like you and me who have money in pensions, stocks, retirement accounts like IRAs and 401Ks, mutual funds, etc. Common people whose houses are being foreclosed. All those IDIOTS who voted against this bill are MORONS!@!!!!!
annoyed

Rahway, NJ

#2 Sep 29, 2008
Why don't you get angry about this instead?:

McInsane

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Sep 30, 2008
Robert Walden wrote:
I'll tell you what is ridiculous. Garrett, Payne LoBiondo, Rothman and their ilk are IDIOTS. To "save" taxpayers $700 billion, they created a market panic that in one day alone wiped out $1.4 TRILLION, let alone the loss in market value in the past week. Who got hurt? Taxpayers, that's who. Common people like you and me who have money in pensions, stocks, retirement accounts like IRAs and 401Ks, mutual funds, etc. Common people whose houses are being foreclosed. All those IDIOTS who voted against this bill are MORONS!@!!!!!
The federal reserve bank is a privately owned bank inflated the money so now we are facing worthless currency, real inflation is stealing all your cash and more, now they want more and you will give it to them to take their golden parachutes to the islands and laugh at the fools who watch Fox news. Wake up to the fraud, the stock market is manipulated all day long. Down with the Fed and good riddance!
Donn

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 1, 2008
Hear is what is going to happen and remember it will never go away. The balance sheet of the US will always over value these sub-prime mortgages that they are buying up. Which will reflect that the defiect is less than it actually is. Just like how they figure inflation is a bogus figure, now the defiect will be a bogus figure
Also From Closter

Norwood, NJ

#5 Oct 9, 2008
annoyed From Closter,
I Love that you are trying to find some one to blame But be careful when pointing you finger. Any one can start at the end of an argument and back track far enough to blame some one else.
But know all the facts first.
"University of Michigan law professor Michael Barr testified before the House Committee on Financial Services that the vast majority of bad loans of the last few years were not the kind given under the Community Reinvestment Act, however. He said 50 percent of sub-prime loans were made by mortgage companies that are not subject to federal supervision and another 30 percent were made by bank affiliates that are also not subject to routine supervision or examinations" You can read the rest of this at,
http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/index.php/sit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frank Pallone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Christie or Obama to blame for N.J. getting ... Feb '16 Mathematics 2
News Synthetic turf industry lobbies up in safety fight Jan '16 goonsquat 8
News The Free Beacon Thinks Purchasing Ammunition Sh... (May '15) May '15 JEFF1234 1
News EPA blasts GOP's bill to change climate rule (Apr '15) Apr '15 red and right 11
News Bringing Predictability and Speed to DEA's Sche... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Elections Morning Digest: Robert Menendez defia... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Joe 1
News Bruised from midterm elections, Democrats face ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Cement Heads 37
More from around the web