Frank Lautenberg, Robert Menendez among 26 U.S. Senators to reject debt deal

Aug 2, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NJ.com

New Jersey's U.S. senators say they voted against the deficit reduction deal because they believe it's unfair to working families.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
esharz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Right vote, wrong reason. Fair share?

More tax on those who pay the most already and less on those who pay less; that is shared sacrifice? Or is it just that most of us do not consider ourselves to be rich, so You all will get more votes by saying 'tax that guy over there, he has the money.'

Look at the average income over the whole of the world's population, our "poor" rank among the highest incomes in the world. To the rest of the world you are the wealthy. How much of your income do you give them? Proportionately you should give half of your income to the poor of the world. By your own standards they can claim it. That would be fair; it is what you expect of our rich people. Are you ready for real social justice? Are you ready to be forced to give that much and more by the coming world?
esharz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

The commission of 12 are going to be an oligarchy, no debate, no amendments, just a strait up or down vote for the rest of the Congress; that is un American. Who picks these people? O says there will be taxes, Bay says no taxes, both speak to their base, and no one know what is the truth? This "fix" was crazy, and it answers nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••