Opinion: Hispanics like law and order too

Jun 1, 2011 Full story: www.politico.com 6

How did Republican candidates appeal to Hispanic voters? They focused on the fundamental values of patriotism, rule of law, freedom, family, support for small businesses, jobs and education.

The pro-enforcement movement is not anti-Hispanic; it is pro-rule-of-law. Time and again, American voters — including Hispanics — have defeated amnesty attempts, including the 2007 comprehensive immigration reform legislation.

Contrary to the claims made by some, the record shows that Republicans will continue to attract Hispanic voters, and more Republican Hispanic candidates will be elected to public office. Perhaps that’s what really worries some of the critics.

Full Story

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#1 Jun 1, 2011
LOL!!!

Democrat Rep Luis Gutierrez on immigration reform: "We will not wait"

&fe ature=related

Democrat Rep Luis Gutierrez Pushing Amnesty For Illegal Aliens

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Rep. Luis Gutierrez speaks at panel discussion on immigration

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mike Martin

Lake Forest, CA

#3 Jun 1, 2011
Hispanics are the roaches of this country. You should be ashamed to even look in the mirror. You are all so proud to have ruined a beautiful country and state of California with your poor, uneducated anchor baby roaches and illegal ascendants… go back to your own country and make that place better instead of ruining America. How can you be proud to know that you are the reason why America is falling apart? YOUR race is a strain on the economy and on a country. Maybe America should take over Mexico and make is something that the Mexican people could never do. By the time the Hispanics take over it will just be another Mexico and nobody will want to live here anymore. I have a question for Obama… are you happy with the country you are leaving for your daughters? Would you feel safe dropping your little girl off in Arizona to raise a family? I didn’t think so!
Free is free

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Jun 1, 2011
Hm. I saw a poll where 80% of Hispanics (legal and illegal) believe that illegal aliens here should be amnestied. That doesn't square well with law and order, IMO.

If Hispanics really do like law and order, they need to start voting and making public statements that show support for law and order.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#5 Jun 1, 2011
I am Hispanic and don't give a shit about Illegal Alians. They are only vermin.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#6 Jun 1, 2011
It dishearten me how Mexicans with a badge has failed our country.
Gullibles Travels

Canyon Country, CA

#7 Jun 1, 2011
Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
I am Hispanic and don't give a shit about Illegal Alians. They are only vermin.
Oh sure, we all are gonna believe you, just like the gospel itself,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Francisco Canseco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Republicans Fault Canseco for Using Image of ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Bruce Hamel 1
Republican climate sceptics face battle for re-... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Who 53
Romney still struggles to attract Latino voters (Aug '12) Sep '12 Ed Ortiz 17
High stakes surround Dems' border district runoff (Jul '12) Jul '12 WTF 8
Would allow existing roads to be converted to t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 afisher 1
Border mayors say feds have no border strategy (Jan '12) Jan '12 Desperado 7 20
Canseco wants border "spillover" violence defined (Jun '11) Sep '11 Buttholes for Bac... 14
More from around the web