House passes bipartisan bill to help ...

House passes bipartisan bill to help startups

There are 12 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Mar 8, 2012, titled House passes bipartisan bill to help startups. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

Showing that they can on occasion work together, House lawmakers on Thursday overwhelmingly passed a package of bills making it easier for small businesses and startups to raise the capital they need to grow and hire new workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#1 Mar 8, 2012
Awesome, but too bad it will wither on the vine in the Senate, just like all of the rest of the bills passed by the House.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#2 Mar 8, 2012
JUST IN ..The LOONY SENATORS JUST KILLED THE PIPE LINE....No JOBS NO GAS!...

TOUGH SHIT FOR AMERICA....Obama Twisted arms to Kill it....UNBELIEVABLE..that Numbnuts would do this...a chance to help Americans in tough times....GOD DAM AMERICA OBAMA IS.......Gas will now be OVER 5 dollars.and will be Over 6 Dollars soon!!....LOONS ARE REJOICING!!..they STUCK IT TO AMERICANS!!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#3 Mar 8, 2012
Communists!!!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#4 Mar 8, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
JUST IN ..The LOONY SENATORS JUST KILLED THE PIPE LINE....No JOBS NO GAS!...
TOUGH SHIT FOR AMERICA....Obama Twisted arms to Kill it....UNBELIEVABLE..that Numbnuts would do this...a chance to help Americans in tough times....GOD DAM AMERICA OBAMA IS.......Gas will now be OVER 5 dollars.and will be Over 6 Dollars soon!!....LOONS ARE REJOICING!!..they STUCK IT TO AMERICANS!!
You want gas? Ban EXPORTS, RECORD PROFITS, and BIG OIL $24 BILLION a year GOVERNMENT WELFARE!!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#5 Mar 8, 2012
Ron Paul on Energy & Oil

Q: Bush’s energy bill provided billions of dollars in tax breaks & subsidies to the oil companies with the goal of boosting domestic production at a time of record profits. Do you support that?
A: I don’t think the profits is the issue. The profits are okay if they’re legitimately earned in a free market. What I object to are subsidies to big corporations when we subsidize them and give them R&D money. I don’t think that should be that way. They should take it out of the funds that they earn.

Source: 2007 GOP debate at Saint Anselm College Jun 3, 2007

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6 Mar 8, 2012
To qualify for a big government loan all you have to do is promise to be a lowlife who'll funnel a good portion of the money to the democRat Party...it's an obamanation.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#7 Mar 8, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Ron Paul on Energy & Oil
Q: Bush’s energy bill provided billions of dollars in tax breaks & subsidies to the oil companies with the goal of boosting domestic production at a time of record profits. Do you support that?
A: I don’t think the profits is the issue. The profits are okay if they’re legitimately earned in a free market. What I object to are subsidies to big corporations when we subsidize them and give them R&D money. I don’t think that should be that way. They should take it out of the funds that they earn.
Source: 2007 GOP debate at Saint Anselm College Jun 3, 2007
Attention stew pid!! Being as the government makes more money off of oil than the producers most people have no problems with R&D funding, etc. Furthermore, it's the smaller producers with smaller profits that'll will be on the short end of the stick if whiners like you have their way. Tell RP to man-up and throw in the towel and hold his nose to support what comes out in the wash.
Mothra

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You want gas? Ban EXPORTS, RECORD PROFITS, and BIG OIL $24 BILLION a year GOVERNMENT WELFARE!!
Ban?

Looks like all your 'free market' posts are just BS.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#10 Mar 8, 2012
Pass new laws for small businesses. That is CRAP!!!!!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Mar 9, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
Pass new laws for small businesses. That is CRAP!!!!!
I agree. Small businesses don't do crap for the economy. In fact, most will be filing bankruptcy within two years. They don't pay squat, they don't provide health insurance to their workers, they often pay people under the table and they, most often, ignore regulations and rules other larger businesses have to follow.

Not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. Over 50% of small businesses fail within the first five years. So our tax dollars are going to fund people who have no idea what they're doing and will end up losing their shirt because they think all they have to do is get some money from the government and open up a pizza shop - in an area already loaded with pizza shops. They'll hire 10 high school kids to work for minimum wage and in a couple of years they'll realize they can't compete with Papa John's and they'll close down.

If someone truly has a great business idea, a good plan, and the capital to invest without using or losing their own personal funds or those of the tax payer, then knock yourself out. But let's not encourage every dimwit in the country to seek government money because he wants to become a professional blogger while living in his mother's basement.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#12 Mar 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
a professional blogger while living in his mother's basement.
Now that's funny. Thanks!

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#13 Mar 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Small businesses don't do crap for the economy. In fact, most will be filing bankruptcy within two years. They don't pay squat, they don't provide health insurance to their workers, they often pay people under the table and they, most often, ignore regulations and rules other larger businesses have to follow.
Not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. Over 50% of small businesses fail within the first five years. So our tax dollars are going to fund people who have no idea what they're doing and will end up losing their shirt because they think all they have to do is get some money from the government and open up a pizza shop - in an area already loaded with pizza shops. They'll hire 10 high school kids to work for minimum wage and in a couple of years they'll realize they can't compete with Papa John's and they'll close down.
If someone truly has a great business idea, a good plan, and the capital to invest without using or losing their own personal funds or those of the tax payer, then knock yourself out. But let's not encourage every dimwit in the country to seek government money because he wants to become a professional blogger while living in his mother's basement.
My son got a decent loan from Wells fargo to save his business. He is doing fine now busines is up over 40% for the first two months of the year. He got a government samll business loan that was 12 %. Wells Fargo gave him the same amount for 4.8%. He paid back the Small business laon in one month and that cost him over $200 interest for one month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Cantor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News | Is Fung Eyeing Another Match Up with Rai... 19 hr mJazz 1
News Will Republicans now impeach Obama? (Nov '10) Aug 25 Meow Meow Meow 178
News Eric Cantor endorses Jeb Bush for president (Aug '15) Aug 17 Trumpty Dumpty Jeb 11
News Paul Ryan defeats Paul Nehlen in primary Aug 14 spud 2
News Paul Ryan hopes to avert primary surprise after... Aug 10 BHM5267 2
News House Speaker John Boehner to resign from Congress (Sep '15) Jul '16 Catholic values 90
News Maxine Waters: John Boehner And Eric Cantor Are... (Feb '12) Jul '16 MAXine 24
More from around the web