Boehner says Congress Should Address ...

Boehner says Congress Should Address Children of Illegal Immigrants

There are 4 comments on the KIII story from Jul 17, 2013, titled Boehner says Congress Should Address Children of Illegal Immigrants. In it, KIII reports that:

After dodging the issue for months, House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday took a position on citizenship for undocumented immigrants, saying Congress must deal with the children of those who are in the United States illegally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIII.

Who Knows

Royal Oak, MI

#1 Jul 17, 2013
So how do you grant citizenship to the young and not enforce the laws on the parents?
Don't make it so difficult, if they were brought here illegally then they are illegal and they to need to be deported end of story.
Congress do your job that you were paid and elected to do!
Brenda besson

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2013
If that was my kid,i would never bring it or leave it in a strange country,i call these kids tools,parents brought them here so they could use that as an argument,like you are breaking up my family.if your father is lets say a drug addict,or a gambler.whose problem is that ,yours,and your family not mexicos.so if your parent jumped borders to drop anchors,whose problem their parents.we will have millions of people that dont belong here,who will then bring family members.i say no no dreamers,thats like a half an amnesty.not right to the american people who also have kids,that do belong here.sad but they only have their selfish parents to thank.
Ala

Chula Vista, CA

#3 Jul 18, 2013
Let's get this straight: Cantor wants to give amnesty to illegals who 'say' they've been here since they were kids but mentions nothing of the parents who brought them here, illegally. If 'dreamers' are amnestied they would simply chain in their family members - including the SAME criminal parents who brought them here, illegally, in the first place; making this the same bill as the Senate's S 744 - it's the same pig in a different dress.

No chaining allowed - whatsoever, except for spouses and these must go through traditional legal means. Spouses should not be able to chain over anyone, period.

So, there argument is that they have been here all of their lives, grown up here evading the law so we should allow them to stay. What about those that are really young (14 and under or babies)?? How does this argument have any ground to stand on, in these cases? What about those 'dreamers' who are darn near middle aged?? Are they seriously trying to tell us that grown asp men and women can't reinvent themselves in their own countries just b/c they grew up in another??

This is a huge mess waiting to happen.

No amnesty!! No reward for unlawful/illegal behavior!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 19, 2013
When i went to the Philippines, my son was only 3 months old. He had to have a passport and visa to enter the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Cantor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House Speaker John Boehner to resign from Congress (Sep '15) Jun 18 Marine Corp Pat 89
News House primaries in Ga., Calif., show pressures ... Jun 5 Go Blue Forever 4
News Eric Cantor endorses Jeb Bush for president (Aug '15) May '16 Granny Hooker Heroin 9
News Donald Trump won't rule out trying to oust Paul... May '16 woodtick57 2
News Palin: Paul Ryan's 'Career is Over' for Not Sup... May '16 YouDidntBuildThat 2
News PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party (Oct '13) Mar '16 Klingon 2,196
News First House GOP primaries will test anti-incumb... Feb '16 USA today 1
More from around the web