Republicans try a softer focus - on l...

Republicans try a softer focus - on life issues

There are 59 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Republicans try a softer focus - on life issues. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

After years in which the Republicans' answer to almost every question was to reduce spending and lower taxes, some of the party's most influential voices are beginning to suggest that it is time to take a broader - and softer - focus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#42 Feb 7, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of fox news… their credibility just hit a new low; coinciding with their ratings drop, LOL. Looks like fox pundits won’t be the only thing taken out by President Obama.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/06/fox-...
like I said, everyone knows that fox news is nothing but a propaganda network for the right whose (lack of) influence can’t get anyone elected, LOL!
OOPs the Huff and Puff is going to back fire on you bro.

"Just like last year, researchers also found that Fox News is both the least trusted and most trusted network when compared to the other networks in the survey. Thirty-four percent said they trust Fox News the most, while 39 percent said they trust it the least."

HMMM Most trusted and least trusted!! Supports my premise they are the most watched, doesn't it!! Like you said, the only think Obama "took out" was the America'a Middle Class"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#43 Feb 7, 2013
....Toto, i don't think we're in Kansas anymore.....
Billy Ringo

United States

#44 Feb 7, 2013
.... And" Mitch "The Chin" is panicking over this Judd chick.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#46 Feb 7, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>OOPs the Huff and Puff is going to back fire on you bro.
"Just like last year, researchers also found that Fox News is both the least trusted and most trusted network when compared to the other networks in the survey. Thirty-four percent said they trust Fox News the most, while 39 percent said they trust it the least."
HMMM Most trusted and least trusted!! Supports my premise they are the most watched, doesn't it!! Like you said, the only think Obama "took out" was the America'a Middle Class"
Well as usual you right-wingers make it up as you go along:
You don’t like the poll numbers that showed Obama winning the election so you close your eyes really tight and imagine that Romney was leading in all the polls, LOL!

Fox News is rapidly on the decline as MSNBC consistently beat them in the only demo that matters 25/54… DEAL WITH IT!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#47 Feb 7, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
.... And" Mitch "The Chin" is panicking over this Judd chick.
No member of Congress deserve's to be kicked to the curb, more than Mitch McConnell.....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#48 Feb 7, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as usual you right-wingers make it up as you go along:
You don’t like the poll numbers that showed Obama winning the election so you close your eyes really tight and imagine that Romney was leading in all the polls, LOL!
Fox News is rapidly on the decline as MSNBC consistently beat them in the only demo that matters 25/54… DEAL WITH IT!
And you have proof, which is why you posted it right? NOPE,
BTW I watch all news channel, including MSNBC and NBC, and I didn't make any predictions as to who would win or lose. I guess Obama can be thankful for Hurricane Sandy and 2/3 of Americans not voting! OH and your welcome for the permanent tax cuts, authored by GWB LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#49 Feb 7, 2013
...2/3 of American's not voting, eh?....lol....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#50 Feb 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...2/3 of American's not voting, eh?....lol....
check the numbers new thing called google.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#51 Feb 7, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>check the numbers new thing called google.
Nope, still wrong.

There are about 240 million Americans who are over age 18.

Over 126 million Americans voted for president in 2012.

That means about 52.5% of voting age Americans voted in 2012.

Even if you include those under age 18, it was STILL over 40% of the entire population that voted.

You should try the new thing called "math".
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#52 Feb 7, 2013
One thing Cantor could do to get
a "softer focus," is to knock it
off with that sh*t-eating grin he always
has on his mug whenever they turn the video
camera on him.

That would help.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#53 Feb 7, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Obama can be thankful for Hurricane Sandy and 2/3 of Americans not voting! OH and your welcome for the permanent tax cuts, authored by GWB LOL
Funny how President Obama was leading in ALL of the polls long before Hurricane Sandy; but hey, whatever helps you deal with the fact that ‘We the People’, the whole so-called 1/3 of us - kicked your ass, LOL!

All that matters is that we won; we get to tell you losers what to do, and I love that fact, LOL!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#54 Feb 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we re-elected Obama as president, it appears it is YOU who can go f-yourself!
Consider it payback for 8 years of Shrub.
Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi...

Hillary AWOL...

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#55 Feb 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>No member of Congress deserve's to be kicked to the curb, more than Mitch McConnell.....
Jump up their cupcake, let's see what you got.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#56 Feb 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
One thing Cantor could do to get
a "softer focus," is to knock it
off with that sh*t-eating grin he always
has on his mug whenever they turn the video
camera on him.
That would help.
EX-LAPD COP'S TRUCK FOUND; RESORT TOWN LOCKED DOWN...

Left 20-page manifesto on FACEBOOK...

Supports gun control, Obama and Piers Morgan...

Another loon killing people, smile about that cupcake.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#57 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>check the numbers new thing called google.
..Old thing, called the truth....get some....
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#58 Feb 8, 2013
I have an idea for the GOP if they evere want to be relavent again...GET RID OF THE NAZI KKK BIGOTED HATE FILLED RACIST RELIGOUS FAR RIGHT IN YOUR PARTY.................It is that simple...Most people want fiscal conservativism most people llike capitalism. BUT WE HATE BEING CONTROLED BY RELIGION AND BIGOTED FREAKS.
Billy Ringo

United States

#59 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>And you have proof, which is why you posted it right? NOPE,
BTW I watch all news channel, including MSNBC and NBC, and I didn't make any predictions as to who would win or lose. I guess Obama can be thankful for Hurricane Sandy and 2/3 of Americans not voting! OH and your welcome for the permanent tax cuts, authored by GWB LOL
LOL .......... 2/3 NOT voting?

Home schooled, eh?
Billy Ringo

United States

#60 Feb 8, 2013
sickofit wrote:
I have an idea for the GOP if they evere want to be relavent again...GET RID OF THE NAZI KKK BIGOTED HATE FILLED RACIST RELIGOUS FAR RIGHT IN YOUR PARTY..........It is that simple...Most people want fiscal conservativism most people llike capitalism. BUT WE HATE BEING CONTROLED BY RELIGION AND BIGOTED FREAKS.
WHAT?????????? Get rid of the NAZI KKK BIGOTED HATE FILLED RACIST RELIGOUS FAR RIGHT?

The Goofy Old Party refers to them as their base.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#61 Feb 8, 2013
Best thing that could happen for the republicans, would be for all these traitorous, tea party, House members to lose their next election......so that the Congress might actually begin governing for the good of the country again....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Cantor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eric Cantor endorses Jeb Bush for president (Aug '15) Nov '16 Jebs Family pains 14
News Jeb Bush Photos (Jan '13) Nov '16 Bye Bye 3
News Maxine Waters: John Boehner And Eric Cantor Are... (Feb '12) Oct '16 Uncle IRS 27
News House Speaker John Boehner to resign from Congress (Sep '15) Oct '16 Niece of Soros 124
News PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party (Oct '13) Oct '16 My daughters shame 2,201
News News | Is Fung Eyeing Another Match Up with Rai... Aug '16 mJazz 1
News Will Republicans now impeach Obama? (Nov '10) Aug '16 Meow Meow Meow 178
More from around the web