Cantor Pushes Softer Side of GOP

Full story: WCAV

Pushing his party to do some soul searching, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is offering a softer Republican message on immigration, education and government programs for vulnerable Americans.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"government programs for vulnerable Americans."

That means more affirmative action. More govt mandated persecution of white males.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 11, 2013
 
Uh oh, here comes the cold sweat.

If Mr Cantor can smother the tea-bags as they sleep, he might save the party; but he is weak. Too, too weak.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr_Bill wrote:
Uh oh, here comes the cold sweat.
If Mr Cantor can smother the tea-bags as they sleep, he might save the party; but he is weak. Too, too weak.
You can have him. Without the party sticking to its conservative roots which has been missing for far to long, it is not worth saving. So take Cantor. Lots of false Repubs in the party anyway. Designed by the elitists as they would not be able to have their world government any other way.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You can have him. Without the party sticking to its conservative roots which has been missing for far to long, it is not worth saving. So take Cantor. Lots of false Repubs in the party anyway. Designed by the elitists as they would not be able to have their world government any other way.
The GOP does not have "conservative roots."

There are three subgroups, none who are true conservatives, in the GOP today.

The neo-conservatives are actually corporate guys in 'sheeps clothimng.' Represented by Supreme Court Justices who would vote to make a corporation a person, and allow corporate money to pollute our elections still dominate the party. They are notorious liars.

The 'religious right' call themselves 'social conservatives' but that too is a lie. Social conservatives are the pure libertarians, who are actually very few. Religious rightists are actually theocreats, using government to moralize their beliefs and using their beliefs to moralize government, and force others to worship their morals. They are modern day puritans, pests.

The tea-party Republicans are people who joined what they thought was a 'small government' movemenrt; but it is actulaay a front to reduce taxes for the rich and corporate sponsors. They believe that the tea-party is 'grass roots,' and won't believe that money is hosed over its leades byy very rich billionaires.

The closest to real conservatives are the libertarians not associated with the tea-party. I know some in local and state politics; but am unaware of any on the congress.

And your "elitists" run all three od the major groups in the GOP. Sorry.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 12, 2013
 
In other words, he's caving in to the whining.
AntiMelting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 12, 2013
 
You don't speak for me dipsh#t.
potter

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 13, 2013
 
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP does not have "conservative roots."
There are three subgroups, none who are true conservatives, in the GOP today.
The neo-conservatives are actually corporate guys in 'sheeps clothimng.' Represented by Supreme Court Justices who would vote to make a corporation a person, and allow corporate money to pollute our elections still dominate the party. They are notorious liars.
The 'religious right' call themselves 'social conservatives' but that too is a lie. Social conservatives are the pure libertarians, who are actually very few. Religious rightists are actually theocreats, using government to moralize their beliefs and using their beliefs to moralize government, and force others to worship their morals. They are modern day puritans, pests.
The tea-party Republicans are people who joined what they thought was a 'small government' movemenrt; but it is actulaay a front to reduce taxes for the rich and corporate sponsors. They believe that the tea-party is 'grass roots,' and won't believe that money is hosed over its leades byy very rich billionaires.
The closest to real conservatives are the libertarians not associated with the tea-party. I know some in local and state politics; but am unaware of any on the congress.
And your "elitists" run all three od the major groups in the GOP. Sorry.
Very well said. Agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••