South Bay Samoan groups send 15 cargo...

South Bay Samoan groups send 15 cargo containers

There are 31 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Oct 14, 2009, titled South Bay Samoan groups send 15 cargo containers. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

ILWU Local 13 representative, Joe "The Bulldog" Donato, tracks down one of fifteen containers loaded with relief supplies to be shipped to Western Samoa aboard Cap Tapaga, a 600-container ship docked at ITS terminal at Pier G at the Port of Long Beach on Wednesday, October 14, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#2 Oct 14, 2009
Why is the daily breeze censoring you and who is the pond scum? Can you be a bit clear Gert?

Thanks to all the people that donated these much needed goods heading to Samoa soon... God bless
Whatever

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2009
The dispatcher at the casual hall, goes on and on and on when we call into the tape for the count. Give it a rest already, the other dispatchers don't beat it to the ground like the dispatcher they have now does.
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#4 Oct 15, 2009
Is this a Los Angles vs Long Beach dispute???
Tusitala

United States

#5 Oct 15, 2009
What are you people talking about? I thought the article was about Samoan relief supplies.
FromCarson

Fremont, CA

#6 Oct 15, 2009
Great job looking out. Good to know people can work together and get things done. What happen to all the Filipinos? Get it going my brothers, the Philippines needs your help. Stop bickering and just get it done.
MVG

Berazategui, Argentina

#7 Oct 15, 2009
Poor Joe, still doesnt know, Samoan Joe...

www.fbilbacklistedspecialagentfrankjester.com

“been too long”

Since: Sep 09

Sydney, Austrailia

#8 Oct 15, 2009
Faafetai le alofa!:)

Faafetai le agalelei:]
koole1

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Oct 15, 2009
I think the governor of SAMOA is an idiot for not accepting the supplies being donated from Cali. He didnt have to make a request, we as human beings already knew what to do and that's to get our people, family and friends out there HELP as soon as possible. A lot can happen in the 2 weeks it will take for the ship to reach SAMOA and now asking for cash. I HOPE and PRAY that any cash donation will be given to rebuild SAMOA and not someones pockets.
Good Job

El Segundo, CA

#10 Oct 15, 2009
Great community work!
Cash Hah

El Segundo, CA

#11 Oct 15, 2009
One certainly must be suspicious when "authorities" only want cash...!
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#12 Oct 15, 2009
If you're donating it straight to the Red Crosss, I'm sure your dollar(s) will be well spent...
D avid

San Diego, CA

#13 Oct 15, 2009
SURF808 wrote:
If you're donating it straight to the Red Crosss, I'm sure your dollar(s) will be well spent...
Why are you certain donating my dollar(s) to the Red Crosss will be well spent...?
D avid

San Diego, CA

#14 Oct 15, 2009
SURF808 wrote:
Is this a Los Angles vs Long Beach dispute???
I think it is a Samoan vs Tsunami dispute.
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#15 Oct 15, 2009
D avid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you certain donating my dollar(s) to the Red Crosss will be well spent...?
God forbid such a tragedy (earthquake, fire, etc.,) befalls your area, but all I know is the Red Cross will be one of the first organization passing out the love, if not picking up your broken body...
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#16 Oct 15, 2009
D avid wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is a Samoan vs Tsunami dispute.
Thank you for your two cents...
D avid

San Diego, CA

#17 Oct 15, 2009
SURF808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your two cents...
You are Welcome, SURF808. If I donate $.98 to the Red Crosss and you donate $.02, that is one dollar(s) more than they have now.
Do the math...
D avid

San Diego, CA

#18 Oct 15, 2009
SURF808 wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid such a tragedy (earthquake, fire, etc.,) befalls your area, but all I know is the Red Cross will be one of the first organization passing out the love, if not picking up your broken body...
All you know is they "will be one of the first oraganizations passing out love", love is free and you are asking for money, why?..
wow

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Oct 15, 2009
faleomavaega said the rest of donations should be made in cash!!! hahaha crooked samoans will always find a way to get paid even in a crisis
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#20 Oct 15, 2009
D avid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Welcome, SURF808. If I donate $.98 to the Red Crosss and you donate $.02, that is one dollar(s) more than they have now.
Do the math...
Thank you kindly, anything is better than nothing..
SURF808

Pearl City, HI

#21 Oct 15, 2009
D avid wrote:
<quoted text>
All you know is they "will be one of the first oraganizations passing out love", love is free and you are asking for money, why?..
For more reasons then you'll ever know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eni Faleomavaega Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will this photo doom Hillary's candidacy? (Mar '16) Mar '16 TheMaskedTerror 1
News KVZK TV to air "a History of American Samoa" (Nov '09) Jan '15 lelauniunasaelua77 60
News VIDEO: Questions about Eni's health continue to... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Talofa 1
News Lawsuit over American Samoa citizenship dismissed (Jun '13) Jun '13 polo_kaukau 1
News Stateless man stuck in American Samoa calls exp... (Oct '12) Jan '13 Taupoimasina 43
News Wikileaks reveals US concerns over claims to Sw... (Jul '11) Nov '12 dognes 29
News Eni says citizenship question should be decided... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ulu poki 7
More from around the web