Maryland joins health care fight -

Maryland joins health care fight -

There are 10 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 2, 2007, titled Maryland joins health care fight -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Maryland has joined a coalition led by New York that plans to file a lawsuit accusing the Bush administration of trying to block state governments from expanding health care for children from modest-income ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Mike16bl

Baltimore, MD

#1 Oct 2, 2007
Somebody needs to ask Graeme Frost's parents why they choose to send him to a $20,000 a year school and not pay for medical insurance. If one could afford to go to a $20,000 a year institution, then one could afford $5-8,000 a year for medical insurance for his entire family. Are parents choosing education over medical insurance? If you're one of them, do you think that is a wise decision, or better yet, why would you gamble on your child's life?

I hear that Graeme Frost attends The Park School of Baltimore. I can't confirm that it is true; but what is true is that there are parents who do choose expensive educations versus medical insurance.

Since: Sep 07

Lanham, MD

#2 Oct 2, 2007
Mike16bl wrote:
Somebody needs to ask Graeme Frost's parents why they choose to send him to a $20,000 a year school and not pay for medical insurance. If one could afford to go to a $20,000 a year institution, then one could afford $5-8,000 a year for medical insurance for his entire family. Are parents choosing education over medical insurance? If you're one of them, do you think that is a wise decision, or better yet, why would you gamble on your child's life?
I hear that Graeme Frost attends The Park School of Baltimore. I can't confirm that it is true; but what is true is that there are parents who do choose expensive educations versus medical insurance.
So you can't confirm anything, and have not a single example at your disposal, yet you're willing to drag a child's name through the muck?
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#3 Oct 2, 2007
I would love to hear how much this is going to cost the State of Maryland in legal fees to join this lawsuit that is going to fail.

Lanham, MD

#4 Oct 2, 2007
YouHelpFixIt wrote:
I would love to hear how much this is going to cost the State of Maryland in legal fees to join this lawsuit that is going to fail.
I'd love to compare that number against the public burden if these children don't fall under some structured health care plan. In other words, legal costs vs. ER costs?
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Oct 2, 2007
ThomPane wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to compare that number against the public burden if these children don't fall under some structured health care plan. In other words, legal costs vs. ER costs?
The lawsuit will fail and the State will have to pay both.

Lanham, MD

#6 Oct 2, 2007
YouHelpFixIt wrote:
<quoted text>
The lawsuit will fail and the State will have to pay both.
I'm impressed by your confidence, but you don't really know that. Besides, there may be some impact to public awareness that, while unquantifiable, may be quite valuable.
Pete M

Elkridge, MD

#7 Oct 2, 2007
This issue won't go away for the Republicans, much to thier embarrasment. The white house has however managed to spend this country into oblivion in a bungled war, and the weight of the debt is becoming clear. Now, they want to insist there's no money to fund a very worthy program like SCHIP, even with the increased coverage. It's like, do as I say, not as I do. I'll send your kids to war, but mine? No way!
How do they keep 'family values' and 'veto medical coverage for kids' in the same head at the same time?
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#8 Oct 2, 2007
ThomPane wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm impressed by your confidence, but you don't really know that. Besides, there may be some impact to public awareness that, while unquantifiable, may be quite valuable.
The article states "The lawsuit would allege that the federal government exceeded its authority by placing new restrictions on the State Children's Health Insurance Program, which is funded with state and federal dollars."
If you think that the suit has merit please let us know what federal law prevents the restrictions on the program. Also, what federal law prevents the states from creating there own program with there own money to help whoever they designate.
As for public awareness, the state should avoid using our tax dollars for lawsuits that are intended as public relations. They would do better taking out ads.
Dave

Baltimore, MD

#10 Oct 3, 2007
ThomPane, Mike didn't drag the kid's name through the mud. Questioning whether the Frosts are sending a kid to a private school at a cost of $20,000.00 (I assume a year) and claiming they can't afford health care insurance is a valid question. Are the Frosts doing this? If so, I strongly resent their child being used as an example by the Democrats who want to force more burden on taxpayers. I would like to know if someone has the information regarding whether the child does attend a $20,000.00 a year tuition school? If this turns out to be true than they have a lot of gull asking for taxpayers to pay their medical costs.
Livefreeordie

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#12 Oct 10, 2007
This is the grossest form of governmental malfeasance and personal greed. Let this family sell it's $500,000 plus home and use the proceeds for medical care.

A house assessed located just a block away, and assessed at 1/2 the value of theirs, is currently on the market for $475,000.

This is just sickening, that my tax dollars, and everyone elses, is going to this greedy, whining family. I took care of my mother-in-law, at my expense, for 10 years in my home, paying for nbursing care out of pocket. Where do I go to get reimbursed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dutch Ruppersberger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hea s along for the ride with Martin Oa Malley Apr '15 Scoops 1
News Obama proposal: Hacked companies have 30 days t... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Obama's 'cautious' approach on ISIS is panned (Aug '14) Sep '14 the Light 11
News Pelosi: Cheney is 'proud' of Bush-era CIA that ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 1
News Iran's ability to enrich uranium troubles U.S. ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 name 23
News New NSA revelations stir congressional concern (Aug '13) Aug '13 Robert 12
News Under fire, U.S. spy agency defends surveillanc... (Aug '13) Aug '13 bottlecap 12
More from around the web