Video: Golden age of journalism for c...

Video: Golden age of journalism for consumers, despite business troubles

There are 14 comments on the CBS News story from Aug 11, 2013, titled Video: Golden age of journalism for consumers, despite business troubles. In it, CBS News reports that:

Len Downie, John Harris and Bill Keller discuss the sale of The Washington Post and what it means for the future of newspapers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 11, 2013
Baloney.

I got to Germany and England for my news. They cover America better than our partisan lamestream yellow journalists.

France has pretty good coverage of the middle east too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Aug 11, 2013
I agree....i find BBC more middle of the road than HLN, MSNBC or CNN which are too liberal and pro-black....Or Fox, who often reports news evenly, but offset's it all, by being so pro-GOP.....American's are actually F*CKED RIGHT NOW, for any T.V. Journalistic Integrity.....
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#4 Aug 11, 2013
The BBC has been in bed with the extreme Leftist NPR for decades. They've been repeatedly discovered literally manufacturing their stories. They have a constant anti-British view of the world and immigration policies and with NPR offices in the same building, conspire with the Leftist American press to publish false articles and intention disinformation to degrade White European heritage.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Aug 11, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The BBC has been in bed with the extreme Leftist NPR for decades. They've been repeatedly discovered literally manufacturing their stories. They have a constant anti-British view of the world and immigration policies and with NPR offices in the same building, conspire with the Leftist American press to publish false articles and intention disinformation to degrade White European heritage.
SHOW US?....Produce some proof of these false articles and disinformation?
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#6 Aug 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>SHOW US?....Produce some proof of these false articles and disinformation?
The falsehoods are so incredibly numerous, it would be impossible to start listing them here.

Here is a site that documents them from the mundane to the very impacting. It will take you months, if not years to study them all throughout the archives. The number and severity is truly disgusting, especially the intentional.

http://biasedbbc.org/

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#7 Aug 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>SHOW US?....Produce some proof of these false articles and disinformation?
You of all people should understand that's the great thing about the news, they can say anything they want. You don't need any 'proof'. You just need to say it for it to be 'true'. Like this:

To overcome extremism, we must also be vigilant in upholding the values our troops defend – because there is no force in the world more powerful than the example of America. That is why I have ordered the closing of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, and will seek swift and certain justice for captured terrorists – because living our values doesn’t make us weaker, it makes us safer and it makes us stronger.

BARACK OBAMA, Address to Joint Session of Congress, Feb. 24, 2009
Adale

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 11, 2013
It's mostly entertainment, but fox and the bbc are my best choices.cnn and MSNBC are now worthless......MSNBC was always worthless.

If you want decent international coverage, bbc is the best

And don't believe everything you see and hear from any of them
Adale

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Aug 11, 2013
Sorry, I forgot to mention how much I value Topix, now thats real informative.

Especially my post. Ha ha.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Aug 11, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
The falsehoods are so incredibly numerous, it would be impossible to start listing them here.
Here is a site that documents them from the mundane to the very impacting. It will take you months, if not years to study them all throughout the archives. The number and severity is truly disgusting, especially the intentional.
http://biasedbbc.org/
Would that site, serve as definative PROOF....to You?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Aug 11, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
You of all people should understand that's the great thing about the news, they can say anything they want. You don't need any 'proof'. You just need to say it for it to be 'true'. Like this:
To overcome extremism, we must also be vigilant in upholding the values our troops defend – because there is no force in the world more powerful than the example of America. That is why I have ordered the closing of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, and will seek swift and certain justice for captured terrorists – because living our values doesn’t make us weaker, it makes us safer and it makes us stronger.
BARACK OBAMA, Address to Joint Session of Congress, Feb. 24, 2009
Congress stopped the closing of Guantanamo...You should know that....
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#12 Aug 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Would that site, serve as definative PROOF....to You?
Didn't even examine it, didya? You guys are the most dishonest people I've observed outside of pure criminals.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#13 Aug 11, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't even examine it, didya? You guys are the most dishonest people I've observed outside of pure criminals.
Its AXIOMATIC that Major News Outlets are Corrupt just due to the MASSIVE Amounts of Money Needed to Sustain Operations.

The Trouble with the BBC is that they are a MONOPOLY in Broadcasting in England so they can spread lies with impunity. An example would be like they TOTALLY FABRICATED stories about Ghaddafi and Assad so can manipulate the public opinion to support illegal military intervention in a soverign country.

bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#14 Aug 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Congress stopped the closing of Guantanamo...You should know that....
Ron Paul would have had our troops out of Afghanistan and Gitmo closed long ago-------BUT of course the Main-Stream Media, aka the CORPORATE FASCIST Media, denied him his opportunity,

AND, since when did Obama listen to Congress?? ha ha

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#16 Aug 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Congress stopped the closing of Guantanamo...You should know that....
Harry Reid always does what he's told, you know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dutch Ruppersberger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats Take Protests to High Court (Jan '17) Jan '17 o see the light 1
News Hea s along for the ride with Martin Oa Malley (Apr '15) Apr '15 Scoops 1
News Obama proposal: Hacked companies have 30 days t... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Obama's 'cautious' approach on ISIS is panned (Aug '14) Sep '14 the Light 11
News Pelosi: Cheney is 'proud' of Bush-era CIA that ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 1
News Iran's ability to enrich uranium troubles U.S. ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 name 23
News New NSA revelations stir congressional concern (Aug '13) Aug '13 Robert 12