Terror threat: Senator cites increased 'chatter'

Aug 4, 2013 Full story: WTOP-FM Washington 13

The top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee said the weekend closures of nearly two dozen U.S. embassies and consulates in the Muslim world was "the most serious threat" he'd seen in recent years.

Full Story
sue

Wallingford, CT

#1 Aug 4, 2013
Whats Obama really up too?
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

#2 Aug 4, 2013
Graham praises Obama administration; trip to Egypt still on

“I appreciate what the administration is doing. They're taking the right approach to this,” Graham said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

That's what he's up to.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3 Aug 4, 2013
GOOD.

Don't reopen any of them.

We don't need them there in the first place let alone building the largest, most expensive in the world in Iraq.

If you're in that part of the world, you need an arsenal not an embassy.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#4 Aug 4, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
“I appreciate what the administration is doing. They're taking the right approach to this,” Graham said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
That's what he's up to.
He's taking the republican security council advice on these matters and taking Romney's advice on Detroit....

That's what he's up to....since his own previous decisions were fk ups.
blackiethecat

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Aug 4, 2013
So surprised that Barack Hussein Obama has not been able to make nice with people who dislike America as much as he does.
blackiethecat

Anonymous Proxy

#6 Aug 4, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
That's what he's up to.
Would that be the same Obama who had no problem having Morsi elected in the first place? You are as clueless as he is.
The smoke

Hondo, NM

#7 Aug 4, 2013
Its the calm before the storm,
Obamma refuses to acknowledge Fort Hood is NOT a workplace violence episode...

And of course,
Benghazi
Fast and furious
Brian Terry Murdered by our ATF guns
IRS scandal

Etc...
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#8 Aug 4, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Graham praised Obama. Not the republican security council or rugby. Are you girls still stewing because you're no longer the party associated with a strong defense? Sword-swallowing baggerism will do that.

hahahahahahahahahaha

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Aug 4, 2013
sue wrote:
Whats Obama really up too?
Obama is up tooooo his ears in paranoid simpletons.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#11 Aug 4, 2013
Anthony Weiner wrote:
<quoted text>
nice work on the Bengazi coverup...now let's run and hide from our enemies...AKA: "the obama hussein doctrine"
what cover-up?

almost a year of partisan witch hunts has failed to show any cover-up at all...it just showed you grave dancers for what you are, horrible american citizens...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14 Aug 4, 2013
Anthony Weiner wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you...we demonicRATZ are anti-American tool-bags
you may be a democrat, but i am not, nor am i sucha dispicable tool as to dance on the graves of brave americans for political gains, as you seem willing and able to do...

you should be ashamed. i am ashamed of you...
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

#15 Aug 4, 2013
Anthony Weiner wrote:
<quoted text>
cover-up? proof? charges?

crickets..........

hahahahahahahahahahaha

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#17 Aug 5, 2013
The timing of this "threat" seems off to me.

What happened Friday? Prior to the release of this "threat" by official assholes in Washington?

Jake Tapper at CNN had a report regarding Benghazi. That report stated there was 35-40 CIA operatives on the ground in Benghazi. Also near the end of this report, he mentions the possibility of gun running from Libya into Syria to arm the FSA and Al-Nusra (he doesn't call them out specifically, but, that is who is getting the weapons). Also, there is a mention of the CIA now performing polygraphs on operatives once a month to ensure they are not talking to the press.
http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclu...

Now when you do a little digging regarding the gun running, that will lead you to an article in the Canadian Free Press from a couple of months ago where a CIA operative explains the entire thing. And it all revolves around gun running from Libya to Syria through what is being called the Ho Chi Min Trail of Libya.

As this information begins to break and becomes more public knowledge, all of a sudden there is this massive terror "threat" with 24 hours. Really?

But, the focus on the topic is the "threat" and not further investigation on gun running from Libya into Syria.

But there is another thing that stands out to me. Almost a complete F up in reaction by the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Senator Chambliss on Meet the Press stated, "very reminiscent of what we saw pre-9/11."

This statement stands out. So what you are saying Senator is that the federal government knew of an event prior to 9-11 and failed to act? Thus allowing it to happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dutch Ruppersberger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's 'cautious' approach on ISIS is panned Sep '14 the Light 11
Pelosi: Cheney is 'proud' of Bush-era CIA that ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 1
Iran's ability to enrich uranium troubles U.S. ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 name 23
New NSA revelations stir congressional concern (Aug '13) Aug '13 Robert 12
Under fire, U.S. spy agency defends surveillanc... (Aug '13) Aug '13 bottlecap 12
Video: Open: This is Face the Nation, August 18 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Obama is a Horses... 2
Senator says consulate, embassy closures due to... (Aug '13) Aug '13 chisholm 66
More from around the web