Is Health Care Compromise a Lost Cause?

Is Health Care Compromise a Lost Cause?

There are 55 comments on the CBS News story from Aug 19, 2009, titled Is Health Care Compromise a Lost Cause?. In it, CBS News reports that:

Supporters of health care reform rally in Phoenix, Ariz. Some Democrats are pushing a "go it alone" apporach to reform, saying that a bipartisan bill is impossible because Republicans won't support any bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1 Aug 19, 2009
No health care compromise.

No surrender.
Stupid Sheeples RAnnoying

Portland, OR

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Republicans are letting politics and money interfere with (prior to all the lies) what 3/4 of Americans wanted.

Republicans have the interests of health and insurance corporations at heart....not you or me. We all know someone who has had rationed care or flat out denied services from private insurances. My own personal story involved my mother...who died because of it. If you are honest and admit it, we ALL have a story or know of one.

Private insurance are the ones who have the "death panels" and who effectively "pull the plug on grandma". They are for PROFIT which means to get their stock options they must DENY CARE. And it's not just grandma.

Hear about the 17 year old girl who died because ythe health insurance company denied her a liver transplant? A procedure that happens DAILY through out hospitals, but they claimed it was too "experimental". So they stalled till the inevitable happened...the girl died. But they kept their bottom line healthy!
http://cbs2.com/local/nataline.sarkisyan.CIGN...

This is just one of thousands of such stories.

If the republicans want to be immoral and stand in the way of reform that OUR VERY LIVES DEPEND UPON.... to hell with them. Let's do it without them. The democrats won the House, Senate, and presidency. They have a mandate from the people. USE IT!
Yep

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2009
Stupid Sheeples RAnnoying wrote:
Republicans are letting politics and money interfere with (prior to all the lies) what 3/4 of Americans wanted.
Republicans have the interests of health and insurance corporations at heart....not you or me. We all know someone who has had rationed care or flat out denied services from private insurances. My own personal story involved my mother...who died because of it. If you are honest and admit it, we ALL have a story or know of one.
Private insurance are the ones who have the "death panels" and who effectively "pull the plug on grandma". They are for PROFIT which means to get their stock options they must DENY CARE. And it's not just grandma.
Hear about the 17 year old girl who died because ythe health insurance company denied her a liver transplant? A procedure that happens DAILY through out hospitals, but they claimed it was too "experimental". So they stalled till the inevitable happened...the girl died. But they kept their bottom line healthy!
http://cbs2.com/local/nataline.sarkisyan.CIGN...
This is just one of thousands of such stories.
If the republicans want to be immoral and stand in the way of reform that OUR VERY LIVES DEPEND UPON.... to hell with them. Let's do it without them. The democrats won the House, Senate, and presidency. They have a mandate from the people. USE IT!
I agree completely.

It is mind boggling that the UK has had national healthcare with a private option that few choose since the 1940's while we are still fighting to recieve any care for so many. But then they have had a female prime minister years ago and we have yet to have a female in the white house, each one that tried to run got run over instead. In some ways we seem very far behind in our thinking and lobby influences are running our country.

Since: Jul 09

Knoxville, Tn

#5 Aug 19, 2009
Stupid Sheeples RAnnoying wrote:
Republicans are letting politics and money interfere with (prior to all the lies) what 3/4 of Americans wanted.
Republicans have the interests of health and insurance corporations at heart....not you or me. We all know someone who has had rationed care or flat out denied services from private insurances. My own personal story involved my mother...who died because of it. If you are honest and admit it, we ALL have a story or know of one.
Private insurance are the ones who have the "death panels" and who effectively "pull the plug on grandma". They are for PROFIT which means to get their stock options they must DENY CARE. And it's not just grandma.
Hear about the 17 year old girl who died because ythe health insurance company denied her a liver transplant? A procedure that happens DAILY through out hospitals, but they claimed it was too "experimental". So they stalled till the inevitable happened...the girl died. But they kept their bottom line healthy!
http://cbs2.com/local/nataline.sarkisyan.CIGN...
This is just one of thousands of such stories.
If the republicans want to be immoral and stand in the way of reform that OUR VERY LIVES DEPEND UPON.... to hell with them. Let's do it without them. The democrats won the House, Senate, and presidency. They have a mandate from the people. USE IT!
Your right about people wanting health care reform but the way Obuma is going about it is wrong. There are many many ways to reduce heath care than what the democrats have proposed. Why does the government need to take over health care? Why can't they make your insurance premium tax deductible? That would go along way in fixing health care.

Since: Jul 09

Knoxville, Tn

#6 Aug 19, 2009
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>I agree completely.
It is mind boggling that the UK has had national healthcare with a private option that few choose since the 1940's while we are still fighting to recieve any care for so many. But then they have had a female prime minister years ago and we have yet to have a female in the white house, each one that tried to run got run over instead. In some ways we seem very far behind in our thinking and lobby influences are running our country.
Do you actually trust these jokers to run your health care? They can't even manage to pay for the Cash for clunkers deal.
Chicago Joe

Evanston, IL

#7 Aug 19, 2009
Seriously, enough with the lame attempts for bipartisanship. The Repubs have no intent of cooperating on this and they'd rather see 1/3 of this country's population bankrupt and out on the streets because they can't afford healthcare. The only hope the Repubs have is for this to fail and for the entire country to fail. Mow them down!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#8 Aug 20, 2009
Chicago Joe wrote:
Seriously, enough with the lame attempts for bipartisanship. The Repubs have no intent of cooperating on this and they'd rather see 1/3 of this country's population bankrupt and out on the streets because they can't afford healthcare. The only hope the Repubs have is for this to fail and for the entire country to fail. Mow them down!
I would love to show you how many people I know who say they can not afford health insurence while looking at a flat screen TV.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#9 Aug 20, 2009
Shawbuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually trust these jokers to run your health care? They can't even manage to pay for the Cash for clunkers deal.
Very well said.

Since: Jul 09

Knoxville, Tn

#10 Aug 20, 2009
I'll repeat the question Joe. Do you actually trust them to run health care?
Dances with Wolves

United States

#11 Aug 20, 2009
Where is the tort reform? Where is the effort to bring the costs down for American taxpayers? Where is the legislation and effort to fix Medicare? Social Security? The Post Office? Cash for Clunkers? Where did the stimulus money go? Where are the jobs? What about the millions of unemployed taxpayers?

Until more pressing issues are addressed, there will be no compromise. This Country is already broke and people are hurting. Unless those people are assisted with jobs and the economy is on its way to recovery, there is no point to the Government trying to fix a system that history tells us the Government can't fix it. The Government can't fix anything, just add more taxes for the rest of us to pay.
top dog

United States

#12 Aug 20, 2009
Chicago Joe wrote:
Seriously, enough with the lame attempts for bipartisanship. The Repubs have no intent of cooperating on this and they'd rather see 1/3 of this country's population bankrupt and out on the streets because they can't afford healthcare. The only hope the Repubs have is for this to fail and for the entire country to fail. Mow them down!
Obama!!! Is this you? Sure sounds like him.
Politics as usual

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#13 Aug 20, 2009
Obama and the democrats used the recession to pass a trillion dollar kickback to their supporters which will only extend the recession as it has buried us in debt and increased unemployment, when if they had done nothing we would already be out of the recession.

Now they are sticking their noses in health care and do not care that the american people do not want government controlled healthcare. They know that healthcare is another opportunity to get control of billions of dollars which they can kickback to their supporters at our expense.

Once the government is in control of healthcare, the healthcare contracts will be for sale, as political contributions will decide our care and who provides services, not what is best for our health.

It is obvious now that Obama is a disaster as president. He is a president that cares more about paying off supporters and kicking back money to cronies then he does about doing what is right for America.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/ap_on_go_...

Since: Jul 09

Knoxville, Tn

#14 Aug 20, 2009
top dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama!!! Is this you? Sure sounds like him.
I believe he works for ACORN. How much they paying you joe?

“Read the 5,000 year leap”

Since: Apr 09

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2009
Under Article 1 Section 8,Universal healthcare is unconstitutional because of the commerce and regulation clause.In addition the Amendment 10,states:The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people, is being violated.This needs to be addressed to the Supreme Court.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#16 Aug 20, 2009
Greenmeanie wrote:
Under Article 1 Section 8,Universal healthcare is unconstitutional because of the commerce and regulation clause.In addition the Amendment 10,states:The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people, is being violated.This needs to be addressed to the Supreme Court.
Right on the money .... I mean debt.
Moderate Clam

Church View, VA

#17 Aug 20, 2009
Compromise?

I don't think Obama ever intended to compromise on this issue.

It was to be his way or the highway.

“Read the 5,000 year leap”

Since: Apr 09

United States

#18 Aug 20, 2009
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Right on the money .... I mean debt.
I actually received this from a judge and have forwarded this info to my senator.I'm not making this up and it's legitimate.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#19 Aug 20, 2009
Greenmeanie wrote:
<quoted text>I actually received this from a judge and have forwarded this info to my senator.I'm not making this up and it's legitimate.
I know it is legit.

In addition to your post ,

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Stupid Sheeples RAnnoying

Portland, OR

#20 Aug 20, 2009
Shawbuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually trust these jokers to run your health care? They can't even manage to pay for the Cash for clunkers deal.
You mean the same program that has put back over 1300 GM workers alone and England is emulating because it is so successful?
Clark Kent

Schaumburg, IL

#21 Aug 20, 2009
Greenmeanie wrote:
<quoted text>I actually received this from a judge and have forwarded this info to my senator.I'm not making this up and it's legitimate.
Those of us reading and following the Constitution of the United States are growing in numbers! We will protect our republic! We will do so with civil order and respect, but we will protect it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Donna Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dems And GOP Agree: Obama's Making NASA Lose Ne... (Sep '16) Sep '16 nanoanomaly 2
News Edwards blasts Democrats: 'We are neither post-... (May '16) May '16 slick willie expl... 4
News GOP Senate Candidate Szeliga Talks 'Purple-ing'... (May '16) May '16 Three Days 9R 1
News The Latest: Cruz recreates 'Hoosiers' scene in ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Whoop day it isth 2
News Rep. Donna Edwards airing first TV ad in Maryla... (Apr '16) Apr '16 He Named Me Black... 4
News Chris Van Hollen wins straw poll of young Maryl... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Rick Santpornum 8
News Maryland's Political Clout Rests in Elijah Cumm... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Hoosier Hillbilly 2
More from around the web