Alaska's new governor shares Palin's values

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Alaska's new governor, Sean Parnell, says he'll push many of Sarah Palin's higher profile initiatives, like the natural gas pipeline.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clyde

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2009
I can't wait for the leftist machine on this thread to start. She's the real deal and that scares them. If it didn't they wouldn't attack her like they have.

“Hello friend!”

Since: May 09

Mayberry

#3 Jul 27, 2009
Clyde wrote:
I can't wait for the leftist machine on this thread to start. She's the real deal and that scares them. If it didn't they wouldn't attack her like they have.
Tired has got it right and you have got it wrong.

It really has not been the left that has been Palin's downfall, it has been Palin. She is just not bright enough to be effective in higher office.

The polls show 70% support for Palin in the Republican party. The other 30% need to stand up and lead the party into the modern era.
durham dad

Oroville, CA

#4 Jul 27, 2009
Charles Kasey Kitterman wrote:
<quoted text>Tired has got it right and you have got it wrong.
It really has not been the left that has been Palin's downfall, it has been Palin. She is just not bright enough to be effective in higher office.
The polls show 70% support for Palin in the Republican party. The other 30% need to stand up and lead the party into the modern era.
And hows your run for office going?

Since: Jun 09

Clifton Heights, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2009
Rethuglicans love quitters.
Magalia resident

AOL

#6 Jul 27, 2009
Cant stand the fake lying scum. Im glad she stepped down. If I hear her say "we eat therefore we hunt" 1 more time im going to Alaska to shoot her myself from a helicopter. Since when does ANYONE eat wolf? I think she needs to be dropped in the wild and hunted by helicopter, I'll be the 1st in line for that ride. Also, anyone with half a brain knows she killed McCains run, they should have stuck with experience, thats what was getting them in office in the 1st place. I have no problem with obama I just felt that experience was needed to handle all the military stuff going on right now even though ive got to say Obama seems to get the picture there, keep it on their shores so we dont have 9/11 every other day. Its working folks, no matter if you like it or not. I personally dont ever want to feel threatened by terrorists again and Obama's making me feel pretty safe by fighting this hard. Just my opinion but its nice to be able to lay my head down at night and not worry if we are going to be bombed. Just sayin.....
Ernie Kovacs

Redding, CA

#7 Jul 27, 2009
Sarah Palin has values? You mean things like personal gain, fame and feeding her ego? Hey she knows geography! She can see Russia from her house!

The ER is a newspaper, at least in theory it is. It should report news, not promote the editors/owners politics.
Frank

Chico, CA

#8 Jul 27, 2009
So Alaska's new Governor doesn't have any values either? What's there to share? Greed? Hypocrisy? Foolishness? Those aren't usually considered values. Except for in the Republican Party perhaps, as those are the "values" they all seem to share.
Brian Fellow

Standish, ME

#9 Jul 27, 2009
Clyde wrote:
I can't wait for the leftist machine on this thread to start. She's the real deal and that scares them. If it didn't they wouldn't attack her like they have.
Of course, only people with the highest credibility are criticized. So, when physicians say that crystal meth is bad for you, that means that crystal meth is good for you.

When police say that drunk driving is bad, that means its good.

When editorials write that Palin is an ineffectual cliche spouting right wing nut case, what they really mean is Palin is the highest qualified politician in American and we're afraid of her because she is so good so what we really want is someone with no academic or professional qualifications because we all want to live in a country run by unqualified politicians.

So, when people say that you're a dim witted moron in a dead end job with no friends, what they really mean is that you're a freakin' genius, admired by all?

Since: Jun 09

Clifton Heights, PA

#10 Jul 27, 2009
Brian Fellow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, only people with the highest credibility are criticized. So, when physicians say that crystal meth is bad for you, that means that crystal meth is good for you.
When police say that drunk driving is bad, that means its good.
When editorials write that Palin is an ineffectual cliche spouting right wing nut case, what they really mean is Palin is the highest qualified politician in American and we're afraid of her because she is so good so what we really want is someone with no academic or professional qualifications because we all want to live in a country run by unqualified politicians.
So, when people say that you're a dim witted moron in a dead end job with no friends, what they really mean is that you're a freakin' genius, admired by all?
Why do you say that only people with the highest credibility are criticized? Mark Sanford has less than zero credibility - he's been criticized.

ALL public figures are subject to criticism.
Joe Sixpack

Manteca, CA

#11 Jul 27, 2009
Please Mr. Editor, enough of Palin already.
Anybody But Is Better

Redding, CA

#12 Jul 27, 2009
Almost anybody but Palin would be a better choice for Alaska. Her transparent political agenda, illustrated by her spending half her time outside the state not dealing with her state's business shows she was no longer suited for her job. I am a Democrat, but would point out that our governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is focused on his state. His primary focus outside the state is advertisements to draw people here. An interesting contrast, isn't it.
Brian Fellow

Standish, ME

#13 Jul 27, 2009
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say that only people with the highest credibility are criticized? Mark Sanford has less than zero credibility - he's been criticized.
ALL public figures are subject to criticism.
Because I was mocking Clyde and all the other morons who suggest that Palin has credibility BECAUSE she is being criticized.

It was an attempt at irony... was it too subtle for you?
Derrick

Chico, CA

#14 Jul 27, 2009
tiredofthesos wrote:
I can't wait for the shills of this absurd and pettily corrupt woman to start waiting for someone to give a hill o' beans about her as she takes up her new career as a wingnut-milking has-been and, likely, Faux commentator.
The more she is in the public eye, the more she will, like a reverse-Midas, turn everything she "betchas" in mooseturds.
Would that the rump that is called the "Republican" Party make her their candidate in 2012. And 2016 as well!
No matter if you were beating down the Republicans or the Democrats, you are a very hateful and sick dude. Get help!
Ron

Chico, CA

#15 Jul 27, 2009
Charles Kasey Kitterman wrote:
<quoted text>Tired has got it right and you have got it wrong.
It really has not been the left that has been Palin's downfall, it has been Palin. She is just not bright enough to be effective in higher office.
The polls show 70% support for Palin in the Republican party. The other 30% need to stand up and lead the party into the modern era.
Hey stupid man, "the poles show that if the 2012 election were help ntoday, Obama nand Romney would be tied with Palin close behind. That pole was taken before Obama publically supported the Communist nut-job Harvard professor and siss'd the policeman.
Inspired Comment Not

Redding, CA

#16 Jul 27, 2009
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid man, "the poles show that if the 2012 election were help ntoday, Obama nand Romney would be tied with Palin close behind. That pole was taken before Obama publically supported the Communist nut-job Harvard professor and siss'd the policeman.
First, you call the writer a person stupid. That was not necessary. Then, you spell "polls" incorrectly. Finally, you call a Harvard professor a communist nut-job. Your comments are rude, rash, and not convincing to this reader.
Ron

Chico, CA

#17 Jul 27, 2009
Inspired Comment Not wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you call the writer a person stupid. That was not necessary. Then, you spell "polls" incorrectly. Finally, you call a Harvard professor a communist nut-job. Your comments are rude, rash, and not convincing to this reader.
Ah yes, another hateful nut-job masquerading as an intellect, just like Obama’s pal the professor bashing people whom you do not agree with my spelling? Have you read turdofthesos's spelling? But please forgive me because I did not consider your limited reading ability. You see, I have compassion for those who are less academically or other talents then myself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_on_re_...

Ron

Chico, CA

#18 Jul 27, 2009
Ah yes, another hateful nut-job masquerading as an intellect, just like Obama’s pal the professor bashing people whom you do not agree with. My spelling? Have you read turdofthesos's spelling? But please forgive me because I did not consider your limited reading ability. You see, I have compassion for those who are less academically or other talents then myself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_on_re_...

Ted

Bellingham, WA

#19 Jul 27, 2009
I hope the Republicans nominate this whack job. It would be hilarious.
true true

Chico, CA

#21 Jul 27, 2009
Palin is freaking hot. All you leftist nut-jobs can go to hell along with the worthless socialist Obama.

Oh by the way, till this day, Obama has not produced a valid American Birth Certificate thus nullifying his office as President of the United States of America.
Tim

Chico, CA

#22 Jul 27, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... Aug 25 bottlecap 1
Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race Aug 21 Swedenforever 5
Iowa deals with August flood ... of GOP candidates Aug 5 Le Jimbo 5
In historic vote, House backs medical marijuana Jun '14 Cordwainer Trout 6
Parnell to announce future plans in Fairbanks (May '13) May '13 laiens 1
New bill would ease federal, state marijuana co... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Mykro 2
Republicans debate message, battle bad messengers (Apr '13) Apr '13 Lawrence Wolf 18
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Don Young People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••