Senator: USPS To Resume North Pole Sa...

Senator: USPS To Resume North Pole Santa Letters

There are 153 comments on the KVVU-TV Henderson story from Nov 21, 2009, titled Senator: USPS To Resume North Pole Santa Letters. In it, KVVU-TV Henderson reports that:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- North Pole elves have good reason to celebrate again, thanks to a decision by the U.S. Postal Service to resume a Santa Claus letter program that's thrilled children from around the world for decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVVU-TV Henderson.

ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#23 Sep 7, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
There is a difference between lying about santa and fictional tales. The difference is that people are sometimes spending upwards of thousands of dollars and than crediting the gift giving to a fictional character. I believe lying about the tooth fairy is wrong as well . Once parents cross that line of compensating children for their lies, there is a trust level that is gone for good. You may feel differently and that is your right.
Did it feel more powerful saying," sometimes spending upwards of thousands of dollars" ? If you have to exaggerate to make a point, then the point is weak. You're the expert, because my kid ONLY graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.98 grade point average at 20 years of age. I'll wait for your credentials ??? He believed in Santa, because having mystery and wonder in his life was important to us all. How are Santa and Harry Potter different ? Those books weren't given away, ts of expensive accessories were available, and the good guys always won. You're unfortunately, treading awful close to an gray area. Are you ONLY in favor of YOUR religious freedoms ???
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#24 Sep 7, 2010
Did it feel more powerful saying," sometimes spending upwards of thousands of dollars" ? If you have to exaggerate to make a point, then the point is weak. You're the expert, because my kid ONLY graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.98 grade point average at 20 years of age. I'll wait for your credentials ??? He believed in Santa, because having mystery and wonder in his life was important to us all. How are Santa and Harry Potter different ? Those books weren't given away, lots of expensive accessories were available, and the good guys always won. You're unfortunately, treading awful close to an gray area. Are you ONLY in favor of YOUR religious freedoms ???

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#25 Sep 7, 2010
I do not care if it is a 10 cent gift or a 10g gift. Lying about the giver is disgusting. Sorry that is the way I believe. I am not right nor wrong and neither are you. We just have different opinions.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#26 Sep 8, 2010
I don't mean to attack you, but you obviously have mental health issues. This sentence is the backbone of your point,"The difference is that people are sometimes spending upwards of thousands of dollars and than crediting the gift giving to a fictional character." then the cost means nothing. Once you have kids be SURE to differentiate which parent gave which gift. Be sure to teach your kids which beliefs/religions/stories/tale s/fictional characters are most important TO YOU ! Unfortunately you'll raise one screwed up kid and lose your wife, if you have one. Sorry you have no credentials/credibility/ration al point. Do you label ALL your gifts/donations ? I see why you want Saturdays off despite the costs. I see why you didn't defend a fellow carrier against homophobic attacks. It's all about you.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#27 Sep 8, 2010
ex-postal worker wrote:
I don't mean to attack you, but you obviously have mental health issues. This sentence is the backbone of your point,"The difference is that people are sometimes spending upwards of thousands of dollars and than crediting the gift giving to a fictional character." then the cost means nothing. Once you have kids be SURE to differentiate which parent gave which gift. Be sure to teach your kids which beliefs/religions/stories/tale s/fictional characters are most important TO YOU ! Unfortunately you'll raise one screwed up kid and lose your wife, if you have one. Sorry you have no credentials/credibility/ration al point. Do you label ALL your gifts/donations ? I see why you want Saturdays off despite the costs. I see why you didn't defend a fellow carrier against homophobic attacks. It's all about you.
If it makes you feel better to attack my character , I am OK with that. I do not have to bring out my point by attacking. In fact , I said it is your right to have your opinion. I stand by mine. I truly do hope your life gets better because I have seen in your disagreements with others and myself that you need to verbally abuse others without sticking to the actual debate. Have a great day by the way.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#28 Sep 8, 2010
I didn't attack anyone's character, but throwing your fellow workers under the bus for Saturdays off says a lot about yours, son.....
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#29 Sep 8, 2010
If I thought you EVER had character, your posts have enlightened me. I was obviously mistaken...Sorry for you
ranacrossthis

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#30 Dec 5, 2010
-tampabayallstar- So your going to tell me if I said "Love Jesus" on my presents to my daughter Id be a horrible person? He was proven to be an existant person. He is the one who let us know about God who in turn provides us with our money to spend on gifts for our children, so its wrong? because it IS from him just not directly. Also Saint Nick was an acctual person if you'd do your history. And you dont have to be a christian to celebrate Christmas I was raised in a nonreligous home. we still had christmas when i found out santa was really my mom and dad. i acctually respected them more. every year they busted their butts to provide us with one simple day of being completely carefree and laughter with our faimly. i then trusted them that much more to take care of me. Your point of view is biased and you talking about taking away thousands of childrens joy because you are a biased bitter person. is simply rediculous. bitterness gets you no where in life by the way, you should try living your life in the Lord youll be a whole lot happier.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#31 Dec 5, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
Its ridiculous. USPS should not be involved with dumb religious rituals... let alone lying to little kids. Any parent that spends money on kids gifts and they say it was 'given' by a fictional character, is a liar and an unfit parent.
If you had kids. If you couldn't buy them presents, because you couldn't afford them. If your parents gave you the money to buy presents. You'd either refuse of explain it all to your kids ? You realize lots of agencies provide toys, as a surprise to kids and mark them Santa. You'd RUIN their fantasies. Your kids(if you ever have any) can't believe in any God, according to your rules. You're as stupid about this as Saturdays off. As long as YOU have an opinion, why not make YOUR opinion law. Are you God ?

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#32 Dec 5, 2010
ex-postal worker wrote:
<quoted text>If you had kids. If you couldn't buy them presents, because you couldn't afford them. If your parents gave you the money to buy presents. You'd either refuse of explain it all to your kids ? You realize lots of agencies provide toys, as a surprise to kids and mark them Santa. You'd RUIN their fantasies. Your kids(if you ever have any) can't believe in any God, according to your rules. You're as stupid about this as Saturdays off. As long as YOU have an opinion, why not make YOUR opinion law. Are you God ?
Thank you for personally attacking me. That shows you can not debate. I truly hope you have a great evening.
DEBATES ARE WON ON LOGIC LOST ON EMOTIONS
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#33 Dec 5, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for personally attacking me. That shows you can not debate. I truly hope you have a great evening.
DEBATES ARE WON ON LOGIC LOST ON EMOTIONS
Debates don't belong in the area of child rearing. You have no children. Don't tell other folks, how to raise their children ! Debates cannot be decided by logic WHEN THEY CONCERN OPINIONS !!!
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#34 Dec 5, 2010
Shutting your pie hole is good enough for me. When you've successfully raised children, your opinion might have some value. Until that happens, you're simply a meddler with an unwelcome opinion. Go donate some time at the homeless shelter. We don't want a Grinch raising our kids.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#35 Dec 5, 2010
"There is a difference between lying about santa and fictional tales. The difference is that people are sometimes spending upwards of thousands of dollars and than crediting the gift giving to a fictional character. I believe lying about the tooth fairy is wrong as well . Once parents cross that line of compensating children for their lies, there is a trust level that is gone for good. You may feel differently and that is your right."

Upwards of thousands ? You realize the tooth fairy takes some trauma away from losing multiple teeth ?
I do not care if it is a 10 cent gift or a 10g gift. Lying about the giver is disgusting. Sorry that is the way I believe. I am not right nor wrong and neither are you. We just have different opinions.

You don't care about the cost ? Why is lying about the giver disgusting ? Do YOU label all your charitable donations ? Be sure to discuss/lose your ideas before marriage. That was my Christmas gift to you. I don't like your opinions, but hopefully you'll grow up sometime.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#36 Dec 5, 2010
I just looked at all the monikers on this thread. I'm sure none of these names are real. In some folks world this would be obviously wrong, but they're doing it too ? Hmmmmm can you say hypocrites ? You're lying by using a moniker. You advocate putting the real gift givers name on the presents, but post opinions using a false name ? Please explain why this isn't wrong. Lying to other adults is ok ?

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#37 Dec 6, 2010
Actually I have the right to post my opinion and I stand by that telling children that santa bought gifts is wrong. You have the right to disagree . Lying is lying to me. The difference is that I will not go into the gutter and name call you or intimidate you and tell you not to post. Whether you want to admit it or not. It is not normal behaviour to verbally abuse someone because they have a different opinion than yourself. You seem angry most of the time with most of your posts. I truly do hope you reduce the stress level in your life and treat others with respect. By the way, we are raising our children to believe in themselves not any unproven external influences. That is our right , just as it is your right to indoctrinate your children into any of thousands of churches. You have a wonderful day.
DEBATES ARE WON ON LOGIC LOST ON EMOTIONS
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#38 Dec 6, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
Actually I have the right to post my opinion and I stand by that telling children that santa bought gifts is wrong. You have the right to disagree . Lying is lying to me. The difference is that I will not go into the gutter and name call you or intimidate you and tell you not to post. Whether you want to admit it or not. It is not normal behaviour to verbally abuse someone because they have a different opinion than yourself. You seem angry most of the time with most of your posts. I truly do hope you reduce the stress level in your life and treat others with respect. By the way, we are raising our children to believe in themselves not any unproven external influences. That is our right , just as it is your right to indoctrinate your children into any of thousands of churches. You have a wonderful day.
DEBATES ARE WON ON LOGIC LOST ON EMOTIONS
They're not our children. They're their parents children. I don't have to insult you, the facts speak for themselves.
Late 30s-early 40s, no wife, kids, and few friends. Quick to judge and has unpopular opinions. Union member who doesn't attend meetings or support brother letter carriers. Drive an econo-flash car, but inexpensive. Came from small minority family who aren't close.
See pal, these things can all be factually checked up on with just a few definitions. Opinions about raising children are ALL emotional issues best decided by parents within societal guidelines. THAT'S NOT YOU ! Have you own and feel free to raise them, but warn your wife !

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#39 Dec 6, 2010
Believing in yourself is the most important virtue and that is what I teach my children. I will only believe in something if it is proven to me.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#40 Dec 6, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
Believing in yourself is the most important virtue and that is what I teach my children. I will only believe in something if it is proven to me.
Your moniker is a lie and you have no children. Remember ???

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#41 Dec 6, 2010
You do not know my family situation but maybe I should be careful. I do not want my family threatened by some crazed person on Topix, simply because I have different opinions, Now that surely would be tragic. Anyhoooo , I truly hope everyone is having a great evening and go JETS , beat those Patsies.
ex-postal worker

Kent, WA

#42 Dec 6, 2010
tampabayallstar wrote:
You do not know my family situation but maybe I should be careful. I do not want my family threatened by some crazed person on Topix, simply because I have different opinions, Now that surely would be tragic. Anyhoooo , I truly hope everyone is having a great evening and go JETS , beat those Patsies.
Anyhoooo-patsies and no children ? Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking.....???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... (Jan '15) Jan '15 TeaBagging for Am... 6
News Obama's Alaska move triggers fight (Jan '15) Jan '15 Captain Yesterday 9
News Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... (Jan '15) Jan '15 USA Today 1
News Five people have won election to Congress, desp... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Le Jimbo 5
News Alaska becomes crucial frontier for Senate Demo... (Aug '14) Aug '14 bottlecap 1
News Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race (Aug '14) Aug '14 Swedenforever 5
News Iowa deals with August flood ... of GOP candidates (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 5
More from around the web