Alaska Turnout, Results Raise Questio...

Alaska Turnout, Results Raise Questions

There are 24 comments on the voices.washingtonpost.com story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Alaska Turnout, Results Raise Questions . In it, voices.washingtonpost.com reports that:

Alaskans are different. Very different

Elections officials, party leaders and voters are wondering what happened this Tuesday in the Last Frontier, where turnout was surprisingly low and two lawmakers who have been the focus of FBI corruption investigations appear to have been reelected despite polling suggesting they would be ousted. .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at voices.washingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim Bateman

Cleveland, OH

#22 Nov 8, 2008
Thank you Shasta. It is nice to live in one of the last republican strongholds where we don't allow 12 jurors from DC to decide who our senator should be.

The funny thing about Sarah Palin is that the hardcore republicans have hated how she has governed. Her 3 major bills passed here were opposed primiarily by her party: the ethics act, AGIA, the gas pipeline act which gave the rights to a Canadian company, and the huge increase in taxes to the oil companies. She then refused to have the legislature vote on banning abortions for minors in her legislative special session. She had more democratic support in Juneau than republican.

She changed her tune completely when nominated for VP as directed by McCain. She may be a much more viable candidate in the future when she is allowed to be herself.

I look forward to seeing what happens with her.

“And what's YOUR problem?”

Since: May 07

Country life - USA

#23 Nov 8, 2008
Tim Bateman wrote:
Thank you Shasta. It is nice to live in one of the last republican strongholds where we don't allow 12 jurors from DC to decide who our senator should be.
The funny thing about Sarah Palin is that the hardcore republicans have hated how she has governed. Her 3 major bills passed here were opposed primiarily by her party: the ethics act, AGIA, the gas pipeline act which gave the rights to a Canadian company, and the huge increase in taxes to the oil companies. She then refused to have the legislature vote on banning abortions for minors in her legislative special session. She had more democratic support in Juneau than republican.
She changed her tune completely when nominated for VP as directed by McCain. She may be a much more viable candidate in the future when she is allowed to be herself.
I look forward to seeing what happens with her.
Me too.

With the exception of her redneck buddies and the NRA, I don't think Palin will have much support anymore.

I know the country sees her as the "fool" of the year.
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

#24 Nov 8, 2008
Sources close to the Ohio Corrupt Practices Act/RICO claim sent us a copy of the following letter that asks Attorney General Mukasey for protection for Michael Connell and his family who have been allegedly threatened by Karl Rove. Rove is believed to be the strategic mastermind behind the Bush 2004 re-election campaign and the possible Ohio election improprieties. The alleged threats appear to be the result of the re-opening, through the Ohio Corrupt Practices Act/RICO claim, of the stalled investigation into the 2004 Ohio Elections.
ProudVaVoter

United States

#25 Nov 8, 2008
Filling out forms incorrectly, NOT. He was convicted of not reporting the 250,000 in GIFTS he received. He filled out NO forms incorrectly, he did NOT fill out the forms, hint :that is why he is in trouble. I'm sure he knew the proper thing to do with all of those years he has been in public office.After reading about all of the Pork he delivers, while burdening the US taxpayer, you people are nuts to reelect him.
Tim Bateman wrote:
I'm from Anchorage, everyone was amazed at the fact there were no lines on Tuesday. The democrats simply didn't show up to vote.
And as a point of fact, Ted Stevens was convicted of filling out forms incorrectly, not for taking bribes, or accepting gifts, just for filling out forms wrong. Does that exclude him from being a senator? His opponent, Mark Begich, never spent a day in college. Ted Stevens has a law degree from Harvard. I feel much more comfortable with someone smarter than me representing me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alaska provisions survive House vote in key def... May '16 Jaimie 6
News Republican fear-mongering over Syrian refugees ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 positronium 31
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Interior Department Curbs Future Arctic Offshor... (Oct '15) Oct '15 WeTheSheeple 1
News Obama to wage climate fight at Alaskan frontline (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 20
News Ex-Gov. Fortuno: After Default, Puerto Rican St... (Aug '15) Aug '15 GodSmacked 23
News Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... (Jan '15) Jan '15 TeaBagging for Am... 6
More from around the web