If you're not already outraged

If you're not already outraged

There are 30 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 11, 2007, titled If you're not already outraged. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

New Voices -- people in their 20s and students in college and high school -- are on topics ranging from foreign affairs to the Internet to school life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Monnie Matthews

Singapore, Singapore

#23 Jun 11, 2007
Another example that the Repubs have failed to differentiate themselves from Democrats in spending & corruption---no wonder they lost the last election! The Founding Fathers would roll over in their graves if they knew what was going on.
the
BuckStripes

AOL

#24 Jun 11, 2007
...Sounds like a plain old bribe: a 40-Grand payoff, so a private developer can also pick The Public's pocket...
...Doesn't matter if the road is good, bad or indifferent. Nor does it matter what political party the bribe-taker belongs to. Thieves are thieves and scuzz are scuzz, and we are The Eternal Suckers so beloved by PT Barnum--whose main circus now permanently tents in Phonyland on the Potomac...
Randy Rabbit

Orlando, FL

#25 Jun 11, 2007
I have been doing some studying of American history going back to the beginning of exploration of this country. I used to think that all this hatred and viciousness back and forth between the two major parties was something fairly recent. Let me tell you, it has been going on long before there was a Democrat or a Republican Party and it was far worse. The candidates for office called each other's wives prostitutes, the candidates themselves, pimps, and even fought deadly duels over remarks. We're plumb tame compared to the cartoons in the papers and the printed slander and lies they circulated about each other in the early days. Our political cartoons are mild mannered compared to the old ones.
Cecil Kempton

Tucson, AZ

#26 Jun 11, 2007
If we vote for incumbents we deserve all the corruption they continue to bring us. Vote them out.
Jasper

Rolla, MO

#27 Jun 11, 2007
I grew up on a farm in the middle of Georgia. I'm a die hard, gun slinging, bible reading, Republican. I'm pro-war and pro-choice!!

I just wanted to say that I hate Iraqis. I hope they all die! The little children too! They aren't people. They're robots!

Umm... Save the babies. You can't B pro choice and pro christian!

Viva Bush!

Ok, that's my political out cry. I hope you all were inspired. Durka, durka!
BertmaxAK

Anchorage, AK

#28 Jun 12, 2007
rac6886 wrote:
And it just goes to show, everyone has a price. But why is it an elected leader from ALASKA gets to propose something for a different state? It's not even like ALASKA is connected to FLORIDA.
Just because soemthing gets approved in Washington, DC doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
That's right! We in Alaska keep asking the same thing when every other state meddles in our affairs.
Cathy Harris

Naples, FL

#29 Jun 12, 2007
Must be nice living up there in Orlando where you have decent roads paid for by Collier and Lee County taxpayers.
Cathy Harris

Naples, FL

#30 Jun 12, 2007
Wow, the local college was asking for the exchange, way before Rep Young was involved: During 2004 FGCU commissioned a study of road improvements that would increase the University’s ability to cope with a Hurricane or other disaster. One of the recommendations in that report was the construction of an I-75 on-ramp at Coconut Road and I-75. In February the City of Bonita Springs hired a consultant to conduct a traffic study to determine if an interchange at Coconut Road and I-75 would improve traffic congestion on Bonita Beach Road, Corkscrew Road, Old 41, I-75 and Coconut Road.
http://esterofl.org/eccl/EDR/estero_developme...
This exchange has been on the books for 26 years.
Cathy Harris

Naples, FL

#31 Jun 12, 2007
Porter Goss was the US Rep in this area, that's why we had to turn to Don Young for help. Mr. Goss was to busy at poker parties and finding out that cell phones take pictures. Ever wonder why he so abruptly quit being head of the CIA?
BuckStripes

AOL

#32 Jun 12, 2007
Jasper wrote:
I grew up on a farm in the middle of Georgia. I'm a die hard, gun slinging, bible reading, Republican. I'm pro-war and pro-choice!!
I just wanted to say that I hate Iraqis. I hope they all die! The little children too! They aren't people. They're robots!
Umm... Save the babies. You can't B pro choice and pro christian!
Viva Bush!
Ok, that's my political out cry. I hope you all were inspired. Durka, durka!
...Hey, Jasper. If you're so hot to trot for war, bop on down to your local recruiting office, and join up. We got two a'them thangs going right now, and the troops need replacements so they can catch a little longer R&R, in between repeated deployments...
...Since you already a hotshot gunslinger, see if you can pass muster with the Marines--every man a rifleman. Leave yours at home, they'll issue what you need. Weapons that is, not brains...;-):-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alaska provisions survive House vote in key def... May '16 Jaimie 6
News Republican fear-mongering over Syrian refugees ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 positronium 31
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Interior Department Curbs Future Arctic Offshor... (Oct '15) Oct '15 WeTheSheeple 1
News Obama to wage climate fight at Alaskan frontline (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 20
News Ex-Gov. Fortuno: After Default, Puerto Rican St... (Aug '15) Aug '15 GodSmacked 23
News Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... (Jan '15) Jan '15 TeaBagging for Am... 6
More from around the web