If you're not already outraged

If you're not already outraged

There are 30 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 11, 2007, titled If you're not already outraged. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

New Voices -- people in their 20s and students in college and high school -- are on topics ranging from foreign affairs to the Internet to school life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cathy Harris

Naples, FL

#1 Jun 11, 2007
You have this story so wrong,
Tax payer

Alma, GA

#2 Jun 11, 2007
Cathy Harris wrote:
You have this story so wrong,
Well if this story is so wrong as you put it, tell us the true story or don't you have a clue.
Grandma Fudd

Orlando, FL

#3 Jun 11, 2007
We are the safest when Congress is on recess. Our representatives seem to feel like that they have failed us when they can't manage to slip millions of dollars in pur pork sausage into a bill just a day before it is released to be signed by the President tucked away on page 799 of the bill in mice type.
Redogg

Orlando, FL

#4 Jun 11, 2007
The same old junk we've come to expect from our elected leaders...
KBG

Athens, TN

#6 Jun 11, 2007
Please note these are REPUBLICANS. I think the election in Nov. 2006 was saying that the REPUBLICANS have done enough damage to this country. A fair and balanced opinion.
Chris

Orlando, FL

#7 Jun 11, 2007
Grandma Fudd wrote:
We are the safest when Congress is on recess. Our representatives seem to feel like that they have failed us when they can't manage to slip millions of dollars in pur pork sausage into a bill just a day before it is released to be signed by the President tucked away on page 799 of the bill in mice type.
It has nothing to do with what we want, it has to do with the money the Republican from Alaska got for re-election. No one wanted this with the exception of the developer that owns property on that road.
doug

Naples, FL

#8 Jun 11, 2007
The sate of Alaska has some fine republican representaion there Senator got the bridge to nowhere passed i guess wasting money in Alaska isnt enough to satisfy them. The democratis party has it problems too but they are still the better choice for our country i would never ever vote for a republican they all stand for the same thing unabandoned GREED and no compassion for there fellow man and all that from a so called christian they should read the bible more often.
the king of reality

Wingdale, NY

#9 Jun 11, 2007
wetlands eh? because of people like you that could mean a 6-inch puddle of water is holding up a bit of road that could make people's lives a lot easier
Middle Class

Oviedo, FL

#10 Jun 11, 2007
REPUBLICAN'TS and DEMOCRAPS are all corrupt and greedy and it will never change. The middle class needs true representation and that will never happen as long as corporate america is running the show. Talking bout a revolution........yeahhhhh ya know.
JDD

Oviedo, FL

#11 Jun 11, 2007
Young has a long horrendous ethical record. But the idiotic sheep in Alaska continue to put him in Washington perhaps because there are no better alternatives. Would love to see him share a cell with 'Ol Duke Cunningham or any of the number of greedy, despicable GOP politicians.
Increase Mather

Syracuse, UT

#12 Jun 11, 2007
Screw the wetlands, build the road.
Eppur Si

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jun 11, 2007
It threatens wetlands? In Flordia???? Is there a shortage of wetlands if Florida?
American

Mount Vernon, MO

#14 Jun 11, 2007
It's not only Republicans, Come on people it's the whole corrupt stinking system. To hades with the will of the people and honor and the Constitution!
rac6886

Orlando, FL

#15 Jun 11, 2007
And it just goes to show, everyone has a price. But why is it an elected leader from ALASKA gets to propose something for a different state? It's not even like ALASKA is connected to FLORIDA.

Just because soemthing gets approved in Washington, DC doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
Florida citizen

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Jun 11, 2007
Congressman Young needs to be banned from submitting any further requests in the transportation bills. Through his $200M "bridge to nowhere" and now this interchange, he has proven himself irresponsible with the taxpayer's money.
Orlando

Lincolnshire, IL

#17 Jun 11, 2007
What did you expect? As long as private donations are what drives the elections this will ALWAYS happen. The only time a Representative cares about what the people think is just before election. The day after it is who gave the most money once again.
Cathy Harris

Naples, FL

#18 Jun 11, 2007
Perhaps Lee and Collier County should stop being "donor" counties so the rest of Florida has decent Interstates and better roads than this part. Perhaps if Porter Goss had acted as a US Rep during his term we wouldn't have to beg Reps from the States for road monies. Perhaps a google search on Ray Judah and The Brooks might bring you up to speed. Perhaps researching the I75 mobility site might enlighten you.
Chris

Orlando, FL

#19 Jun 11, 2007
Cathy Harris wrote:
Perhaps Lee and Collier County should stop being "donor" counties so the rest of Florida has decent Interstates and better roads than this part. Perhaps if Porter Goss had acted as a US Rep during his term we wouldn't have to beg Reps from the States for road monies. Perhaps a google search on Ray Judah and The Brooks might bring you up to speed. Perhaps researching the I75 mobility site might enlighten you.
I found this quote by Mr. Judah-
Ray Judah, Lee County Commissioner:
“I think there should be outrage by taxpayers.”
Sounds like a good man to me.
Rob

Molalla, OR

#21 Jun 11, 2007
Please stop drinking the kool-aide. Just because you are a partisan that thinks your party can do no wrong and the other party is the embodiment of all that evil, does not make it so. This applies to both Democrats and Republicans.

In this particular case, since there seems to be so much vitriol towards the Republicans, I present you this gems of how corruption swings both ways.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/18985

Oh and the most recent special tid-bit: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/ap_on_go_...

Time for people to start thinking for themsevles, with eyes wide-open and their biases tucked away
Tennessee Conservative

Memphis, TN

#22 Jun 11, 2007
A pox on both the houses of government. All of us have seen so much greed and corruption FROM BOTH SIDES that I want all of them gone. Unfortunately, they are going to run the country into a ditch just like the last Great Depression. Change is coming but it is going to hurt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alaska provisions survive House vote in key def... May '16 Jaimie 6
News Republican fear-mongering over Syrian refugees ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 positronium 31
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Interior Department Curbs Future Arctic Offshor... (Oct '15) Oct '15 WeTheSheeple 1
News Obama to wage climate fight at Alaskan frontline (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 20
News Ex-Gov. Fortuno: After Default, Puerto Rican St... (Aug '15) Aug '15 GodSmacked 23
News Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... (Jan '15) Jan '15 TeaBagging for Am... 6
More from around the web