House Opens Page Sex Scandal Inquiry

House Opens Page Sex Scandal Inquiry

There are 28 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 5, 2006, titled House Opens Page Sex Scandal Inquiry . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

The House ethics committee opened an expansive investigation into the unfolding page sex scandal Thursday, approving nearly four dozen subpoenas for witnesses and documents as House Speaker Dennis Hastert held ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jones

Bergenfield, NJ

#1 Oct 5, 2006
The ‘hot’ news about the story of Rep. Foley ‘instant messenger’ proved that it has nothing to do with the Republican House leaders and the Speaker of the House Hastert, who have nothing to do with the ‘instant messenger’ between Rep. Foley and an 18 years old Pager that took place three years ago. Now it was discovered that it is all about a Californian student Jordan Edmund who is 21 years old today and is a student at the University of California at Berkeley. He was a House page from September 2001 to June 2002. The ‘instant messenger’ occurred when Jordan Edmund was 18 years old. It is not clear how it was recorded and transferred to a Democratic political hack related to George Soros, which supports the ‘Move-On’ of the ultra left wing liberals. Edmund now hired attorney to represent him in the FBI investigation of the ‘instant messenger’ recording and transfer to the Democratic political source, and how it was kept for three years before it was published ‘suddenly’ by ABC left wing liberal media. Obviously, the ‘instant messenger’ were held unlawfully by George Soros ‘Move-On’ liberals for two or three years, ready to be issued as a ‘ bombshell’ to the left wing media ABC on October 2006, falsely blaming the entire Republican leadership for mishandling of the ‘sex related’ case. Obviously, It is wrong and unlawful for the left wing liberals to try to change the outcome of the November elections by false smear campaign of the entire Republican leadership that were not related to the case and knew nothing about the ‘instant messenger’. The American people will learn about the false smearing effort of the left wing liberals and will decide for themselves…
Crusher

United States

#2 Oct 5, 2006
The corrupt are going to look at the corrupt. Do we need a roadmap to see where this one goes? I think not.
Jones

Bergenfield, NJ

#3 Oct 5, 2006
Crusher wrote:
The corrupt are going to look at the corrupt. Do we need a roadmap to see where this one goes? I think not.
It is a criminal investigation by FBI. It will include investigation of Rep. Foley ‘instant messengers’ details, investigation of Jordan Edmund that received the ‘instant messenger’ from Rep. Foley three years ago and send him back ‘instant messengers’ which seems to try to encourage Rep. Foley to be more explicit. How was the ‘instant messenger’ notes recorded, how and when were they transferred to the George Soros left wing liberal hacks? How long were they kept by George Soros hacks while not informing the FBI and the House about the danger to the page program teenagers from Rep. Foley. Obviously, it was unlawful for George Soros hacks to sit on the criminal information without informing FBI and the House about the danger to the teenagers from rep. Foley. If George Soros inform FBI on July , why didn't FBI knew about it from why didn’t FBI inform the House, and why FBI was not warning rep. Foley to stay away from the teenagers. Obviously, it was known as a rumor that Rep. Foley was gay but that is not a crime to be gay. It is clear that FBI and the House leaders never thought that Rep. Foley was dangerous and harmful to the page program teenagers, as was wrongly and viciously suggested by the left wing liberals..
Disgusted

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2006
The Republican Leadership in the House of Rep gonna investigate WHY THEY TOOK NO ACTION until the Media made the American Public aware of the Republican Congress Actions of improper communication with Page.

Now why would that seem to be a waste of Taxpayers money---like they do not know they took no action until the Media exposed their dirty Secret.

But whatever they can join Rush L. and Hannity of Fox News whine, cry about every Democrat Misdeed in History---to Justify the Republican Leaders Actions and paint Foley actions as just Minor ---but whatever!!!!!!!!!
Crusher

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2006
I still say Hastert is the liberal these guys are looking for. Since he has no real family values he didn't act on the perv info because it just didn't occur to him that molesting minors was important. He was used to hearing that Foley was molesting the pages (again and again) and his response was "So what, who cares?" Ditto for the rest of the Republican "leadership." Now we know what moral bankruptcy looks like. Is is time for the Swift Boat Veterans?
Crusher

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2006
Why doesn't Bush have his CIA Gestapo Squad handle this? They could wrap this up fast! They can use hearsay information, use torture, the accused has no rights, no appeals, and if a mistake is made the CIA can't be punished. What a deal! It goes like this:

CIA: "Guilty, commence firing!!!"

Thank the Republicans for George Bush.
Disgusted

United States

#7 Oct 5, 2006
Election Time---Time for one of those Green, yellow, red or some Darn color TERRORIST ALERTS to scare the American People---but probability be issued closer to Election Day.

Need something for the right wing radio/tv to talk about other than whine, cry about ever Democrat Misdeed in History to deflect attention from and to paint Foley Actions as Minor and plus the Republican Leadership cover-up for his conduct for years.

But what ever the car gas is under three dollars and might even drop to two dollars if Bush's and the Republican drop in the Polls some more prior to Election Day---but watch out the Price gonna go out of sight after the Election?

But Hey ---Bush went down a point or two in the Poll---my car gas price should follow in dropping in price until Election Day!!!!!!!!!!
Tamara MN

Burnsville, MN

#8 Oct 5, 2006
Why are they still saying he was a minor. He was 18 and gay. What are the libs mad about. They like that kind of behavior don't they?
And this issue has nothing to do with gas prices or Bush or any other Republican.
Disgusted

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2006
Tamara MN wrote:
Why are they still saying he was a minor. He was 18 and gay. What are the libs mad about. They like that kind of behavior don't they?
And this issue has nothing to do with gas prices or Bush or any other Republican.
Do they---would appear Republicans do too.
The Republican Congressman Actions are the subject and the Republican Leadership blind eye and cover-up for year of his conduct in communicating improper with Pages trusted by Republican Parents to the Custody of They Republican Control Hose of Rep.
Sure does seem Republican like that kind of behavior until it is exposed to to the light of day by the Media.
Then they try to drag up everything in history of Democrat Misdeeds to excuse their Republican Leadership Actions--NON ACTION --BLIND EYE--even if it was common knowledge between the Pages--everyone knows how close mouth teenager are--Nah the Republican Leadership did not know--and Republican Parents of a Pages did not want nothing done--Yea---that sure prove Democrats like that kind of behavior!
ricco421

Toronto, Canada

#10 Oct 6, 2006
Lets face it Dennis Hastert could gun down the hole demc party and I dought he'd be held accountable..and as if he's going to say "oh yeh I heard about this a year ago and did squat when called in a subpoenas for witnesses.

." Now we know what moral bankruptcy looks like. Is is time for the Swift Boat Veterans"...Haa haa
those dudes would stomp on there own grandmothers if it help the Rep's.
RUAbigot

AOL

#11 Oct 6, 2006
Tamara MN wrote:
Has nothing to do with "Bush or any other Republican"...??? Bush is supporting the handling of the situation -- right or wrong. AND it involves a Republican congressman -- Mark Foley R-FL. It was also a Republican (Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert) whose job it was to correct the problem when first revealed, some 3 - 4 years ago, but didn't. It is the Republicans, who through their Family Values crusade, have gone on record of so adamantly opposing the gays -- except (obviously) when it's one of their own.

"They" are still saying the page "was a minor" because he WAS a minor --(16) at the time of the offense.

IDEA: Let's have your name, address, etc. in order that it can be put on a new kind of national register. One whose signees abolish all concerns for child predator laws, unwanted sexual advances (homo or hetero), pedophilia, child abuse, etc. Registrants and/or loved ones will have no say or recourse no matter who in their lives suffer such travesties.
CMudde

Fredericksburg, VA

#12 Oct 6, 2006
Crusher wrote:
Why doesn't Bush have his CIA Gestapo Squad handle this? They could wrap this up fast! They can use hearsay information, use torture, the accused has no rights, no appeals, and if a mistake is made the CIA can't be punished....
I am in total agreement with Crusher on this topic. The Republicans have authorized the use of toture; let's use to get to the bottom of this current scandal. And I'm embarrased to admit that I thought the Repugnantcans didn't know what they were doing when they voted for torture. They were just thinking ahead to use it in cases like this.
Buzz Flederjon

Thomaston, GA

#13 Oct 6, 2006
Bush and his former gay lover, Victor Ashe, were cheerleaders together at Yale - so you won't find Bush ripping on Foley too harshly.
caroline

Bakersfield, CA

#14 Oct 6, 2006
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
Bush and his former gay lover, Victor Ashe, were cheerleaders together at Yale - so you won't find Bush ripping on Foley too harshly.
can you prove this??????
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#15 Oct 6, 2006
Tamara MN wrote:
Well, if this issue is just about him being gay, why hide the issue at all? If there's nothing wrong with him being merely gay, why did the Republicans spend so much time and effort to hide the issue? Nothing wrong with being a gay Republcian in an anti-gay agenda party, is there???
Goldwater Republican

Lexington, KY

#16 Oct 6, 2006
Jones wrote:
Obviously, the ‘instant messenger’ were held unlawfully by George Soros ‘Move-On’ liberals for two or three years, ready to be issued as a ‘ bombshell’ to the left wing media ABC on October 2006, falsely blaming the entire Republican leadership for mishandling of the ‘sex related’ case. Obviously, It is wrong and unlawful for the left wing liberals to try to change the outcome of the November elections by false smear campaign of the entire Republican leadership that were not related to the case and knew nothing about the ‘instant messenger’. The American people will learn about the false smearing effort of the left wing liberals and will decide for themselves…
HAHAHAH You Bush apologists are so predictable! So, it's all the "liberal" media's fault that a gay Republican propositions teenagers and gets away with it for years under the negligent Republican leadership? I think come this November 7 you will find that the American people are sick and tired of the Republican Party's smear politics, excuses, lies, and negligence. All I can say is GOOD RIDDANCE to the neo-conmen!
b-long

United States

#17 Oct 6, 2006
And now it's time for another episode in our ongoing saga "The Rich and the
Clueless." Speaker Hastert to the press: "I don't know who knew what when." President Bush to Speaker Hastert: "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie!"
concerned dad

Dell, MT

#18 Oct 6, 2006
As Foley hides in a rehab center his lawyers are probably having all charges against him dismissed.But in the name of national security I fear new charges are istantly being brought on this writer for being unamerican. I can only hope the Grand Old party will help protect me for saying this man is a predator and should be locked away.
albe a horses petootie

Victoria, Canada

#19 Oct 6, 2006
When will freedom of speech /video etc.
really take hold , no censorship would have nipped this in the bud,long ago the right to freedom of speech was asserted ,has this right been quashed?
No matter what age ,only an ageist would know who to protect from salacious material, or is keeping young people ignorant the real goal,then sneek up on them ?
Ignorance puts the young at the crosshairs of predators , yes Virginia there's no Santa Claus but peodophiles exist and are successful with the ignorant or naive .Show young people the truth in video if you can.
Too bad about the Soros curve ,I used to like that guy.Success and all that .
concerned dad

Dell, MT

#20 Oct 6, 2006
As Foley hides in a rehab center his lawyers are probably having all charges against him dismissed. Bin the name of national security I fear new charges are instantly being brought on this writer for being unamerican. I can only hope the Grand Old Party will help protect me for saying this man is a predator and should be locked away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doc Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drone Use OK'ed for Agricultural, Real Estate C... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Peter Simmons 2
News Sen. Pat Roberts grabs early lead in Kansas GOP... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Asian Guy 5
News Tea party still has election hopes as chances d... (Jul '14) Jul '14 woofpack 19
News In historic vote, House backs medical marijuana (May '14) Jun '14 Cordwainer Trout 6
News McCain: no global warming action until the left... (Mar '14) Mar '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Survey: Many Americans Don't Know What Fracking Is (May '13) Dec '13 d pantz 217
News House Republicans vote to deport DREAMers (Jun '13) Jun '13 See the Light 9
More from around the web