White House slams Republican offshore drilling bill

The White House sharply criticized a bill passed by the House of Representatives on Thursday that would expand offshore drilling as part of a broader Republican effort to stimulate domestic production in the face of rising gasoline costs. Read more

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 May 5, 2011
It seems as though the White House slams any idea that leads to developing our own oil reserves.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#2 May 5, 2011
Drill baby, drill. Build more nukes too

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 May 5, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
It seems as though the White House slams any idea that leads to developing our own oil reserves.
It seems like you correct. I wonder why that is.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#4 May 5, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
It seems as though the White House slams any idea that leads to developing our own oil reserves.
the white house isn't slamming, according to most of the american news outlets, since obama singlehandedly brought down bin laden, he is now COMPLETELY infallible.
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#5 May 5, 2011
Yea typical Obama playing to his Lefty-Looney base.

Last month he g'teed $2B in loans for PETROBRAS to drill off the coast of Brazil but dog shyte for the U.S. oil workers. Typical lefty.
Amazed

United States

#6 May 5, 2011
Not suprising. Obama's goal is to damage the oil and gas industry as much as he possibly can. He is destroying the economy in the process but why worry about that?- today is the day to receive worship from the little people for what "he did" to get Osama. Talk about a blind pig finding an acorn. Caesar .....only less humble.
five-one

Holiday, FL

#7 May 5, 2011
Its amazing how the White House can critisize any plan at a time they have nothing on the table at all to increase oil production-zero.
Al Sharpton

Tampa, FL

#8 May 5, 2011
the moderate democraps better learn fast that they are really closer to Repubs ... and they better vote to stop the record spending & debt, screw odumbacare, and start drilling for oil & gas here in the USA!!!
Al Sharpton

Tampa, FL

#9 May 5, 2011
did odumba sniff his fingers again ... I hear bernard helped him celebrate Bush's interrogation techniques that led to the killing of osama!!!
Armup

North Branford, CT

#10 May 5, 2011
Amazed wrote:
Not suprising. Obama's goal is to damage the oil and gas industry as much as he possibly can. He is destroying the economy in the process but why worry about that?- today is the day to receive worship from the little people for what "he did" to get Osama. Talk about a blind pig finding an acorn. Caesar .....only less humble.
O`buma is wanting to destroy the coal mine industry as well.
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#11 May 5, 2011
five-one wrote:
Its amazing how the White House can critisize any plan at a time they have nothing on the table at all to increase oil production-zero.
B.S.

The whole La. delegation has ask him to put in place specifics to help the industry including M. Landrieu a Dem senator.

If a female Dem Senator cannot get action items on the table how the hell is the GOP supposed to ?

Obama wants to cut Big Oil tax gift of $4B...fair enough I agree.
At least $3B of it anyway.
But how about the $6B tax gifts to Big Agra as part of " The Great Ethanol Ripoff ". Maybe chop $4.5B in their Xmas stocking.

Of course Obama g'tees $2B in loans for one of the world's Biggest Oil Co. " PETROBRAS " of Brazil.

The Lefty Obama doesn't have a clue except please his looney base and screw the rest of us.
five-one

Holiday, FL

#12 May 5, 2011
x-nutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.
The whole La. delegation has ask him to put in place specifics to help the industry including M. Landrieu a Dem senator.
If a female Dem Senator cannot get action items on the table how the hell is the GOP supposed to ?
Obama wants to cut Big Oil tax gift of $4B...fair enough I agree.
At least $3B of it anyway.
But how about the $6B tax gifts to Big Agra as part of " The Great Ethanol Ripoff ". Maybe chop $4.5B in their Xmas stocking.
Of course Obama g'tees $2B in loans for one of the world's Biggest Oil Co. " PETROBRAS " of Brazil.
The Lefty Obama doesn't have a clue except please his looney base and screw the rest of us.
obamas oil policy is DRILL BRAZIL DRILL?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#13 May 5, 2011
Republicans should push this as a 'jobs' bill, cuz, well.... that's what it is.
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#15 May 6, 2011
five-one wrote:
<quoted text>obamas oil policy is DRILL BRAZIL DRILL?
Great quote...I'll use it .

Thanks
Amazed

United States

#16 May 6, 2011
x-nutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.
The whole La. delegation has ask him to put in place specifics to help the industry including M. Landrieu a Dem senator.
If a female Dem Senator cannot get action items on the table how the hell is the GOP supposed to ?
Obama wants to cut Big Oil tax gift of $4B...fair enough I agree.
At least $3B of it anyway.
But how about the $6B tax gifts to Big Agra as part of " The Great Ethanol Ripoff ". Maybe chop $4.5B in their Xmas stocking.
Of course Obama g'tees $2B in loans for one of the world's Biggest Oil Co. " PETROBRAS " of Brazil.
The Lefty Obama doesn't have a clue except please his looney base and screw the rest of us.
Exactly correct - I was shocked when Landriue stepped off the reservation on the drilling policies of the Obama administration. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who has carried the water for Obama like Landriue - if she is even warning how Obama is destroying the oil & gas industry you see how serious the issue is. Obama is too busy blowing smoke up the alternative energy fruitcakes to worry about what he is destroying. History will have a lot to say about this president and what it took to repair the damage he caused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doc Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drone Use OK'ed for Agricultural, Real Estate C... Feb '15 Peter Simmons 2
News Sen. Pat Roberts grabs early lead in Kansas GOP... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Asian Guy 5
News Tea party still has election hopes as chances d... (Jul '14) Jul '14 woofpack 19
News In historic vote, House backs medical marijuana (May '14) Jun '14 Cordwainer Trout 6
News McCain: no global warming action until the left... (Mar '14) Mar '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Survey: Many Americans Don't Know What Fracking Is (May '13) Dec '13 d pantz 217
News House Republicans vote to deport DREAMers (Jun '13) Jun '13 See the Light 9
More from around the web